Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cancel Culture Doesn't Exist, Right?

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter

Probably shouldn't have been fired. At same tim, don't be a dipshit on teh twatterz if you've got something to loose.

But USA Today is a private company. They can do what they want.

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    It’s really a shame when people are so intolerant of hate
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    Love how she identifies anyone who was critical of her as a member of the "alt-right." Dave Rubin is a gay, Jewish guy who used to be a Rat but now he is a member of the alt-right.

She should have been fired for being a poorly informed propagandist. Most mass shooters aren't white. That's just another lie the left has created that's now taken as an article of faith.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Can you define “cancel culture”, grundle?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2021

Yes. It doesn't exist. I have this on good authority.
    I mean this as both a compliment and as an insult, you remind me of @MikeDamone
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

It’s really enjoyable when liberals get taken down by the bullshit they encourage.

While my ID enjoys it—and what is HCH if not the playground of the ID—it's gotta stop somewhere.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    Founders Club

It’s really enjoyable when liberals get taken down by the bullshit they encourage.

While my ID enjoys it—and what is HCH if not the playground of the ID—it's gotta stop somewhere.
    I agree. Cancel culture is absolutely ludicrous and goes against everything America was founded on, but since it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, I’m going to enjoy watching the left eat their own.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I agree. Cancel culture is absolutely ludicrous and goes against everything America was founded on, but since it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, I’m going to enjoy watching the left eat their own.
    I think "cancel culture" is kinda a dumb phrase, and like many twitter brandings, it probably doesn't have a real meaning anymore. But it does get at, I think, the core issue of what we're dealing with. Most of this shit has no real 1A legal enforcement aspect. Instead, it is a zeigeist, or culture, that is disrespectful at best, disdainful more aptly, of free expression. #MyTaibibibibibibibiiii has pointed out that we've got a real problem when journalists of all people are the ones lighting the torches in many instances, without any compunction.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,378
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cancel culture and culture war obscure what is being discussed. Agree on that.

Also agree that firing people from at will employment for any reason is as American as apple pie
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I think "cancel culture" is kinda a dumb phrase, and like many twitter brandings, it probably doesn't have a real meaning anymore. But it does get at, I think, the core issue of what we're dealing with. Most of this shit has no real 1A legal enforcement aspect. Instead, it is a zeigeist, or culture, that is disrespectful at best, disdainful more aptly, of free expression. #MyTaibibibibibibibiiii has pointed out that we've got a real problem when journalists of all people are the ones lighting the torches in many instances, without any compunction.
    Oceania had no actual laws as a deliberate policy. When actual red lines aren’t drawn and aren’t clear, people freeze up as they feel they are safe in place and nowhere else. That’s the goal of all this.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,320
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

When you hear the word "systemic" come out of a rats mouth when talking about race, heritage or religion, they are being racist or bigoted. No two people are alike and racism is not systemic within our society. If it was, democrats would still be in charge........hey, wait a minute.....
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Yes. It doesn't exist. I have this on good authority.
    I mean this as both a compliment and as an insult, you remind me of @MikeDamone
    Pretending to play both sides is @MelloDawg's jam
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When I worked for a large aerospace company, the documents you sign state that "any event that can cause an embarrassment to the company" is grounds for dismissal.

most people don't realize they have embarrassed their employer by being so stupid on social media.
    Definitely not cancel culture, just getting the idiots off the payroll
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,924
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021
    One of my all time favs. Douche bags on a poor Chik-Fil-A teller. Gets fired from his CFO job. Definitely for cause. Mentally unstable as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUh5z_Y1ZSU
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The whole canceling is mostly only annoying because of the absurd hypocrisy of blatant racists being able to say whatever they want about whitey.

But otherwise I don't care much. Douchebags with nothing better to do than make political statements on twitters are losers of the highest order