Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Erik Stevenson couch sale

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    And everybody else to date dropping multiple levels
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I will put this here but Montana St. just added Raequan Battle.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Emmitt Matthews and Daejon Davis are most likely coming here
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,570
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emmitt Matthews and Daejon Davis are most likely coming here

Tari Eason too?
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

I will put this here but Montana St. just added Raequan Battle.

Damn couldn't even get Montana. Haven't seen a top 150 player crater like that in a while.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Your 2021 Washington Huskies: A Wayward Home for Runaway Boys
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Your 2021 Washington Huskies: A Wayward Home for Runaway Boys

I wish. Worked for UNLV
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Power 6? Christ
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021

People forget Eric Stevenson played alongside Foster Sorrell on BRoy's AAU team. People forget that.

#busts

This is why I can't get behind the Everything Matters TBS crap.

The goal is to win a national championship right?

It's not to have the most players in the NFL/NBA, and it's not to have a list of 5* and sway the opinions of Huffman and all those guys who live at high school sports games and camps.

There are quite a few schools that have those two things in spades, and they're mediocre, embarrassingly so even, because they didn't care that their kids had the attitudes that Stevenson had or Foster had in just wanting a scholarship to the best academic school with no ambition for his sport.

I get that you need to stack talent for the most part, and then even for the Eddy O's of the world you can luck out with a random quarterback or coordinator that puts it all together.

But for Christ sake, get guys who have the personality of Eddie Ulofoshio, Kaleb McGary, MMFG, Azeem, BB, BBK, etc. Thought I read someone here say that Pete's first class was pure luck. I disagree, I just think Pete gave in to this shit and that's why we have a bunch of soft players now transferring out. Some quook on Twitter "Is Eddie on scholarship now? How many stars he have lol?" Pretty sure their drugged out fans won't be able to tell the difference on the field this coming year.

The schools like Oregon that sprint around quacking on their hands and knees and tweeting about it, I mean they just went 3 and fucking 2 and got their asses kicked by some team called the Cyclones. Michigan was playing this game too during Harbaugh's early overhyped years and they are a fucking dumpster fire.

Does anyone want to be USC right now? Our lame ass 2019 team and burnout coach still beat their asses.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,570
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

People forget Eric Stevenson played alongside Foster Sorrell on BRoy's AAU team. People forget that.

#busts

It's not to have the most players in the NFL/NBA, and it's not to have a list of 5* and sway the opinions of Huffman and all those guys who live at high school sports games and camps.

There are quite a few schools that have those two things in spades, and they're mediocre, embarrassingly so even, because they didn't care that their kids had the attitudes that Stevenson had or Foster had in just wanting a scholarship to the best academic school with no ambition for his sport.

I get that you need to stack talent for the most part, and then even for the Eddy O's of the world you can luck out with a random quarterback or coordinator that puts it all together.

But for Christ sake, get guys who have the personality of Eddie Ulofoshio, Kaleb McGary, MMFG, Azeem, BB, BBK, etc. Thought I read someone here say that Pete's first class was pure luck. I disagree, I just think Pete gave in to this shit and that's why we have a bunch of soft players now transferring out. Some quook on Twitter "Is Eddie on scholarship now? How many stars he have lol?" Pretty sure their drugged out fans won't be able to tell the difference on the field this coming year.

The schools like Oregon that sprint around quacking on their hands and knees and tweeting about it, I mean they just went 3 and fucking 2 and got their asses kicked by some team called the Cyclones. Michigan was playing this game too during Harbaugh's early overhyped years and they are a fucking dumpster fire.

Does anyone want to be USC right now? Our lame ass 2019 team and burnout coach still beat their asses.
    You generally have a lot of haie in you life but this is a quality post. I honestly can’t say I disagree with you.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

#busts

Pete definitely gave into the bullshit. He pretending like he didn’t but we took very few under the radar guys and a ton of 4 star, overrated camp boys.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

#busts

You can believe whatever you want.

Or you can look at the facts.

Petersen at Boise was the best there ever was at turning non-Power 5 talent into NFL draft picks.

But that still only came out to 17 draft picks out of 7 recruiting classes as head coach, or about 2.5 kids per class.

In 2014 he cobbled together a class largely consisting of Boise State level kids, with two holdovers from Sark's class, and added McGary and Buddha and flipped Sidney Jones with a fantastic closing month. And then Vita as well.

The end result was 8 NFL draft picks plus All Pac-12 HM Jaylen Johnson.

Even without Buddha, McGary and Vita that would have been the best or second best class he ever had at Boise State.

Then in 2015 and 2016 when CP was still largely recruiting against the bottom half of the conference we reverted to the mean-

-2 NFL Draft picks from '15
    -4 NFL Draft picks from '16

Nobody can consistently put 1/3 of their kids into the NFL Draft without landing bunches of top-100 recruits.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,480
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

#busts

Petersen at Boise was the best there ever was at turning non-Power 5 talent into NFL draft picks.

But that still only came out to 17 draft picks out of 7 recruiting classes as head coach, or about 2.5 kids per class.

In 2014 he cobbled together a class largely consisting of Boise State level kids, with two holdovers from Sark's class, and added McGary and Buddha and flipped Sidney Jones with a fantastic closing month. And then Vita as well.

Even without Buddha, McGary and Vita that would have been the best or second best class he ever had at Boise State.

Then in 2015 and 2016 when CP was still largely recruiting against the bottom half of the conference we reverted to the mean-

Nobody can consistently put 1/3 of their kids into the NFL Draft without landing bunches of top-100 recruits.
    I don't believe anything.

A championship coach gets players with a championship mentality.

You can even look at Saban and Dabo's first championship teams.

The shitty coaches who have won it once at least deferred to a quarterback who did their jobs for them.

You need talent + mentality.

TBSers want talent and don't give a fuck about mentality.

They're happy to be Georgia and lose to the team who had the mentality, in embarrassing fashion.

They lean too heavily one way. It's college, not the NFL.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

haie said:

#busts

The shitty coaches who have won it once at least deferred to a quarterback who did their jobs for them.

They're happy to be Georgia and lose to the team who had the mentality, in embarrassing fashion.

You're arguing with a ghost. Obviously mentality matters. Obviously talent matters. Obviously coaching matters. Dare we say, everything matters? Just because the people who take that as their mantra tend to be giant idiots doesn't make the sentiment wrong.

Also, Georgia is your example of leaning too heavily? We'd kill to have their success from the last 5 years.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

#busts

So your argument is that winners win, and how we determine who the winners were is based on who won? Mindblowing.

The point of recruiting success is not to get the kids with the most stars its to get whoever you want instead of getting leftovers after USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Alabama get their pick.

Yes, that would include attitude as well as talent although obviously since we don't know these kids and there are no objective ratings for such qualities there is no way to know as a fanbase how we are doing- other than are we getting who we want?

One of the things that CP was criticized for by HH is not taking enough risky kids with potential attitude or grades problems instead taking kids who already fit his mindset and culture.

My argument was always that if CP's culture was so strong (which it was) then the culture would be capable of corralling some kids who needed some initial corralling.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

#busts

So your argument is that winners win, and how we determine who the winners were is based on who won? Mindblowing.

The point of recruiting success is not to get the kids with the most stars its to get whoever you want instead of getting leftovers after USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Alabama get their pick.

Yes, that would include attitude as well as talent although obviously since we don't know these kids and there are no objective ratings for such qualities there is no way to know as a fanbase how we are doing- other than are we getting who we want?

One of the things that CP was criticized for by HH is not taking enough risky kids with potential attitude or grades problems instead taking kids who already fit his mindset and culture.

My argument was always that if CP's culture was so strong (which it was) then the culture would be capable of corralling some kids who needed some initial corralling.
    Getting the blue bloods leftovers is a recipe for disaster. If a guy is 4* and none of the real blue bloods make him a priority, chances are he’s overrated. We signed a lot of those guys.
  • Options

haie said:

haie said:

#busts

Getting the blue bloods leftovers is a recipe for disaster. If a guy is 4* and none of the real blue bloods make him a priority, chances are he’s overrated. We signed a lot of those guys.
    Which classes? It wasn’t until 2018 and especially 2019 that we were getting whoever we wanted. And since then we fell back again.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It has probably been posted but Marcus Tsohonis to VCU.