Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeSantis talking shit in the WSJ

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,283
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Which Deschutes? Used to tube the Olympia one.

Why not both?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

We have to give this one to Oregon.

Theirs is better than ours.

Tubing the Deschutes and taking out before the falls at the brewery is still hugely popular in the summer. Big crowds.

I'm not sure they even plant the Deschutes with steelhead any more. Even when they did only a handful came back.

The Oregon Deschutes can be really good for summer steelhead. It's been relatively poor the last few years but hopefully it will rebound.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,265
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

When @PurpleThrobber, of all poasters, asks if someone stole your password, the problem is with you, @YellowSnow.

Maybe you need a long walk down the middle of the Deschutes for some perspective.

Oregon float

Idaho Float
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

And back to OP, fucking this:

Per­haps most dam­ag­ing to pub­lic trust was the pub­lic-health cam­paign urg­ing “15 Days to Slow the Spread.” This short-term mit­i­ga­tion, we were told, was nec­es­sary to buy time to pre­pare hos­pi­tals for any pa­tient surges. But that rea­son-able aim was soon trans-formed into a lock­down-un­til-erad­i­ca­tion ap-proach that left no end in sight for most Amer­i-cans. Go­ing from “save the hos­pi­tals” to “zero Covid” rep­re­sents one of the great­est in­stances in his­tory of mov­ing the goal post.

We were right.

Good op/ed. I knew nothing about DeSantis before all this. I dig him.
    Biden voters fought this every step of the way

Yep, they trashed DeSantis while blowing Cuomo and the great job he was doing. Leftist including the Dazzler said the DeSantis had chosen death in order to continue commerce. "DeathSantis" was the nickname he was given by leftist. What the left can't admit, is that the lock down that they pushed for didn't work and they really don't care that they didn't work because the primary purpose of the lock downs was to defeat Trump.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

When @PurpleThrobber, of all poasters, asks if someone stole your password, the problem is with you, @YellowSnow.

Maybe you need a long walk down the middle of the Deschutes for some perspective.

Oregon float

Idaho Float
    Lazy river or GTFO.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

Tubing the Deschutes and taking out before the falls at the brewery is still hugely popular in the summer. Big crowds.

I'm not sure they even plant the Deschutes with steelhead any more. Even when they did only a handful came back.

The Oregon Deschutes can be really good for summer steelhead. It's been relatively poor the last few years but hopefully it will rebound.
    Shame on all Olympians everywhere for letting your beer brand die.

When I needed a cheap, easy to drink beer, Olympia always filled the bill.

And Clint Eastwood endorsed it in his monkey flicks.

Now I'm stuck with PBR and a bunch of also rans. Fucking sucks.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,671

Oregon float

Idaho Float
    Lazy river or GTFO.
    For sure. If I'm floating I want booze and tits.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

Capitalism sometimes takes away things we love.
  • Options

dflea said:

The cream rises to the top in the capitalist world. The brewery was cool, but Oly wasn't good beer.

Tumwater should unfuck themselves and get the brewery site repurposed. As it sits it's a fucking eyesore. Loads of potential, though.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    DeSantis sounds a little too “ethnic” for me. Pass.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,407
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

dflea said:

The cream rises to the top in the capitalist world. The brewery was cool, but Oly wasn't good beer.

Tumwater should unfuck themselves and get the brewery site repurposed. As it sits it's a fucking eyesore. Loads of potential, though.
    This and the state of capital lake show the failure of leadership for now decades

Olympia and Tumwater and the lakes and river and old brewery land could be the gem of the state as befits a state capital

But nooooo
  • Options
    dflea said:

dflea said:

It was better than Rainier by a mile.

There! I said it! Rainier has always tasted like it was made from swamp water.

Cannot stand that shit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

dflea said:

This and the state of capital lake show the failure of leadership for now decades

Olympia and Tumwater and the lakes and river and old brewery land could be the gem of the state as befits a state capital

But nooooo
    It’s a bummer what’s become of the old brewery. I always wanted to take the tour but by the time I got around to it, it was closed.
  • Options

dflea said:

dflea said:

But nooooo
    If you want to see the future of Olympia that's expanding and being built East of town right now, go visit the dirtbag slum of Gresham, OR. Not that long ago stuff out that way was shiny, new and nice. No more.

Meth claims another woodsy area.
  • Options

dflea said:

dflea said:

But nooooo
    Seriously. It's embarrassing what's become of the area. The brewery grounds, Falls Terrace restaurant, Tumwater Falls park and Capitol Lake would make a McMenamins Edgefield-type attraction if they could get the rubber to meet the road. But instead they've been spinning their wheels for decades.

Same could be said for Shelton. Gateway to the Olympic peninsula, and scenic views for miles - still depressed and underdeveloped from the logging crash of the 80's.

I don't know what I'm bitching about - I really don't want more people here - but I would like to trade in about a third of the people here now for a finer grade of individual. You know - people more like creep than they are like me and Race.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,407
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

But nooooo
    Seriously. It's embarrassing what's become of the area. The brewery grounds, Falls Terrace restaurant, Tumwater Falls park and Capitol Lake would make a McMenamins Edgefield-type attraction if they could get the rubber to meet the road. But instead they've been spinning their wheels for decades.

Same could be said for Shelton. Gateway to the Olympic peninsula, and scenic views for miles - still depressed and underdeveloped from the logging crash of the 80's.

I don't know what I'm bitching about - I really don't want more people here - but I would like to trade in about a third of the people here now for a finer grade of individual. You know - people more like creep than they are like me and Race.
    Make it for tourists so they leave when done
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,573
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The GOP needed to take a loss and not go that route again. Trumpism is not a viable long term governing strategy.

beg to differ on this one @YellowSnow

The press and people listening to the press killed Trump. Poor disgusting bastard. To think bad tweets delivered Biden to America is not believable.

If everyone would just bite the bullet for 2-3 elections and NEVER vote R or D - go obscure parties maybe a few things would change. I was stupid and voted for Trump (but kept my losing voter record intact by going with a loser)

Never again - probably go with Putin's party next time, we get better odds with him over the Chinese yellow horde
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

The GOP needed to take a loss and not go that route again. Trumpism is not a viable long term governing strategy.

beg to differ on this one @YellowSnow

The press and people listening to the press killed Trump. Poor disgusting bastard. To think bad tweets delivered Biden to America is not believable.

If everyone would just bite the bullet for 2-3 elections and NEVER vote R or D - go obscure parties maybe a few things would change. I was stupid and voted for Trump (but kept my losing voter record intact by going with a loser)

Never again - probably go with Putin's party next time, we get better odds with him over the Chinese yellow horde

We good Mabel.