Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Someone PM'd me asking my opinion of the Ted Cruz / Cancun thing

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,078
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I haven't commented on it because I'm just not interested in it. I think what he did was terrible leadership and horrible judgment. It makes him look like an elitist snob. But it's about 135th on my list of national concerns right now.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I haven't commented on it because I'm just not interested in it. I think what he did was terrible leadership and horrible judgment. It makes him look like an elitist snob. But it's about 135th on my list of national concerns right now.

His name is Raphael
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HuskyJW said:

His name is Raphael
    “Rafael,” but I wouldn’t expect an admitted racist such as yourself to know how to spell a Latino name.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    AOC isn’t corrupt.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,354
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

AOC isn’t corrupt.

Hahaha
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

We need to be an issue based political society

This right left shit is out of hand.

Ted Cruz is a corrupt POS
    AOC is a corrupt POS
    Rudy Guliani is a corrupt POS
    Andrew Cuomo is a murderer
    Trump is a narcissist
    Biden doesn't remember yesterday

I mean fantastic leadership all around. This is what a corrupt two party system has brought us

Completely agree with you. Good post. Idealogues are hard to deal with. All of them.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,328
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

AOC is a corrupt POS
    Trump is a narcissist

I mean fantastic leadership all around. This is what a corrupt two party system has brought us

The right left shit is crazy. Even seemingly intelligent people pick a side and dig in.
    This isn't a right or left thing. This is one side trying to take away rights. The left literally has supported more violence by their silence than I have ever seen in my life. FFS they are trying now to erase history. Destroy statues, eliminate names on schools, federal buildings, etc. Erase the history of men and women who made sacrifices for our country. They are teaching our children that the color of their skin makes them racist. Can anyone believe that? This week the left proposed a bill that will fundamentally change our country forever. The reason they are doing it? They believe if they give 15 million illegals the vote, the "right" will never win another election. The bill to take away a persons right to own firearms is already in the works. One side is wiretapping campaign HQ's and getting away with it. Colluding with Russians and then trying to impeach a President who DIDN'T collude with Russian's. The left literally attempted twice to take away the votes of 70 million people without any cause whatsoever. We just elected a man who is tied to so much corruption and is a proven liar its unbelievable that he was even allowed to run for the office. There will be no special prosecutor because it is the left's guy.

This is not a left or right thing. This is a fight for our rights. A fight to have the right to make an impact with a vote and not have the violent minority rule over the majority. A fight to recognize that this country has done more good for the world than any other in history, not the racist cesspool the left is telling the world it is.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

AOC is a corrupt POS
    Trump is a narcissist

The right left shit is crazy. Even seemingly intelligent people pick a side and dig in.
    This isn't a right or left thing. This is one side trying to take away rights. The left literally has supported more violence by their silence than I have ever seen in my life. FFS they are trying now to erase history. Destroy statues, eliminate names on schools, federal buildings, etc. Erase the history of men and women who made sacrifices for our country. They are teaching our children that the color of their skin makes them racist. Can anyone believe that? This week the left proposed a bill that will fundamentally change our country forever. The reason they are doing it? They believe if they give 15 million illegals the vote, the "right" will never win another election. The bill to take away a persons right to own firearms is already in the works. One side is wiretapping campaign HQ's and getting away with it. Colluding with Russians and then trying to impeach a President who DIDN'T collude with Russian's. The left literally attempted twice to take away the votes of 70 million people without any cause whatsoever. We just elected a man who is tied to so much corruption and is a proven liar its unbelievable that he was even allowed to run for the office. There will be no special prosecutor because it is the left's guy.

This is not a left or right thing. This is a fight for our rights. A fight to have the right to make an impact with a vote and not have the violent minority rule over the majority. A fight to recognize that this country has done more good for the world than any other in history, not the racist cesspool the left is telling the world it is.
    The Throbbder's got the rhythm and is dancing to the obk beat.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

AOC is a corrupt POS
    Trump is a narcissist

So, it is a right or left thing.
    It is. Need to pick a side. I didn't trust Trump in 2016 and didn't vote for him. I enthusiastically voted for him in 2020. Bend hit it on the head of the nail. Nothing about my political views has changed in that time period. It is just that you have a choice for relative freedom and liberty and secure property rights or you can vote for the opposite. Why is Ted Cruz corrupt?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

AOC is a corrupt POS
    Trump is a narcissist

It is. Need to pick a side. I didn't trust Trump in 2016 and didn't vote for him. I enthusiastically voted for him in 2020. Bend hit it on the head of the nail. Nothing about my political views has changed in that time period. It is just that you have a choice for relative freedom and liberty and secure property rights or you can vote for the opposite. Why is Ted Cruz corrupt?
    It's implied with those of Cuban descent.

(ducks)

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

AOC is a corrupt POS
    Trump is a narcissist

Is one side trying to silence speach and or opinion more than the other or not? I believe there is a lot of truth in WL's post that is routinely ignored. Until the right finds the stones to tell the left to fuck off, all of us will continue to lose our rights or at least those some governing body determines we should have. If that makes me lean significantly in a direction I will.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

AOC is a corrupt POS
    Trump is a narcissist

So, you admit, you’re a candidate for Unity Education Learning?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2021
    RoadTrip said:

AOC is a corrupt POS
    Trump is a narcissist

Is one side trying to silence speach and or opinion more than the other or not? I believe there is a lot of truth in WL's post that is routinely ignored. Until the right finds the stones to tell the left to fuck off, all of us will continue to lose our rights or at least those some governing body determines we should have. If that makes me lean significantly in a direction I will.
    Just responding to BITR’s post, which started with “not a right or left thing” and then wrote a page of it’s a right or left thing.

I myself am still comfortable being an issue-oriented person that will try and abstain from tribal associations. PC shit has been around forever; and when you belong to a tribe and that tribe gains traction soon enough you will find yourself being required to recite the pledge upon demand. I also see enough rhetoric, lies and bullshit to go around for all kinds of political persuasions, though I agree there is a particularly pernicious form of social pressure to conform to CRT and the existence and extent of systemic racism that needs to be checked.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    10 years ago the Dimocrats seemed like the lesser of the evils. This was before most people knew all this ridiculous social justice warrior nomenclature had taken over and it was still pretty fringe and confined to grievance studies professors and gross women and soy boys. Right now, the Republicons are, and yeah, I do credit Trump somewhat. All the cancel culture and erasing history is disgusting and it's also commie takeover 101. I'm a history major. I know.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

AOC is a corrupt POS
    Trump is a narcissist

“Left vs right” is framing. The middle is every bit a side as anything else. The left wants to progress, the right wants to conserve what we had and the middle wants to maintain where we are.

It would actually be hugely beneficial if the middle would just admit that their position is based on protecting the status quo because they live comfortable lives and don’t want too much to change. It’s not better than people that believe the left is always correct or the right is always correct, it’s just a different flavor.