Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How and why our country is being systematically sold out to China.

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,023
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Imagine if Trump appointed a bought and paid for Russian fan to head the CIA? Chicoms are getting a big foothold into the Bai Den administration. Bought and paid for indeed.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

BIDEN’S CIA PICK IS CHINA’S BFF: The Lid’s Jeff Dunetz notes that William J. Burns comes from a think tank that has close ties to the Chinese military, and including significant funding from a well-connected Chinese business tycoon. In any other age, such relationships would be disqualifying for the nation’s chief spook. But c’mon man, China is our friend now, right? Right?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Suburban housewives like Chinese food
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    @creepycoug dont want this crap on his board
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I posted the same article Thirty Tyrants below. It's an excellent read but really just common sense for anyone half awake for the past 30 or more years. I'm confinced almost 50% of our population either works for or is in some way earning income which is influenced by government. These people are willing to look past the corruption because in some way they really benefit from it. The author was on Tucker last night and also pointed out the corruption and hypocrisy which is rampant in Bezos and Amazon.com. China is his biggest partner/client and it isn't close.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,258
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

I already moved it
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Soft fucking loser board
  • Options
    Founders Club

Imagine if Trump appointed a bought and paid for Russian fan to head the CIA? Chicoms are getting a big foothold into the Bai Den administration. Bought and paid for indeed.

BIDEN’S CIA PICK IS CHINA’S BFF: The Lid’s Jeff Dunetz notes that William J. Burns comes from a think tank that has close ties to the Chinese military, and including significant funding from a well-connected Chinese business tycoon. In any other age, such relationships would be disqualifying for the nation’s chief spook. But c’mon man, China is our friend now, right? Right?

I just hope it's not too late
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,956

Fuck all this. The Throbber is moving to the Polish* zone as soon as possible.

*sausage

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

FireCohen said:

Soft fucking loser board
    Don't mess with #mycreep
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

His bored is too classy
  • Options
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Actually I intentionally posted it on Creep's board for the purpose of moving it with a forwarding link. It is financial enough and important that I wanted Finance Board posters to see it and have the option of entering the Tug.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I just hope it's not too late
    I'm hearing the unicorn GOP candidate will show up in 24

And lose
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,023
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy/kerry-isolate-cooperation-climate-change-china-other-confrontations?utm_source=Examiner Today_02/09/2021&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WEX_Examiner Today&rid=111559

Kerry bets on setting aside confrontation with China to combat climate change

U.S. climate envoy John Kerry faces a daunting task as he seeks to prove the Biden administration can set aside the biggest confrontations with China to cooperate on combating climate change.

China has rejected Kerry’s contention that climate action be treated as a “critical standalone issue” that can be “compartmentalized” as the two countries feud over trade, intellectual property theft, market access, and human rights.

“China-U.S. cooperation in specific areas, unlike flowers that can bloom in a greenhouse despite winter chill, is closely linked with bilateral relations as a whole,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian recently said.

Skeptics of Kerry’s single-minded approach argue that climate change naturally intersects with other issues, such as trade. President Biden and Secretary of State Antony Blinken have repeatedly signaled that former President Donald Trump’s tariffs against China are likely to continue for now, an area of consternation for Beijing.

“The Chinese aren’t going to compartmentalize climate,” said George David Banks, who was an international energy adviser to Trump. “They’ll link it to issues like trade and what they consider to be their internal issues.”

The research group ClearView Energy Partners said in a note Monday that China could potentially “wield concessions on climate as a source of leverage in other negotiations,” [You betcha]an argument recently proffered by Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton. [Go figure]

The leaders of both countries have already signaled climate change as a top priority. Biden says he wants the U.S. to reach net-zero emissions across the economy by 2050, meaning any carbon emitted would be balanced with measures that take pollution out of the atmosphere.

China’s Xi Jinping recently pledged that China would reach carbon neutrality by 2060.

Analysts attributed Xi’s surprising carbon neutrality pledge partly as an attempt to mollify Biden ahead of his election win. But China is also motivated to address climate change for its own reasons.

“The truth is neither the U.S. nor China can strong-arm the other on issues of high political importance,” said Li Shuo, senior climate policy officer for Greenpeace East Asia. “This transactional approach misses the drivers of China's climate action, which are primarily domestic.”

By reducing emissions, China can satisfy a population exposed to heavy air pollution. China is also eager to maintain dominance in manufacturing clean energy technologies and deploying renewables and electric vehicles, areas where Biden aims for the U.S. to close the gap.

“The posture is not so much to sit with your arms folded and wait for the other guy to set a good climate target,” said Paul Bodnar, a managing director at the environmental group RMI who was special assistant to former President Barack Obama and senior director for energy and climate change at the National Security Council. “That’s not the game people are playing anymore. Are you going to own the next generation of global energy markets, or are you not?”

But China’s commitments include plenty of holes, giving Biden and Kerry room to push for more.

In the short term, China has pledged to ensure its emissions peak “before” 2030 [I'll take the over]. But critics say it should be aiming to reduce emissions this decade, not just stop growing them, by reducing its consumption of coal.

China is home to more than half of the globe’s operating coal plants and is still building new ones.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Actually I intentionally posted it on Creep's board for the purpose of moving it with a forwarding link. It is financial enough and important that I wanted Finance Board posters to see it and have the option of entering the Tug.
    Sure.jif
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2021
    RoadTrip said:

I posted the same article Thirty Tyrants below. It's an excellent read but really just common sense for anyone half awake for the past 30 or more years. I'm confinced almost 50% of our population either works for or is in some way earning income which is influenced by government. These people are willing to look past the corruption because in some way they really benefit from it. The author was on Tucker last night and also pointed out the corruption and hypocrisy which is rampant in Bezos and Amazon.com. China is his biggest partner/client and it isn't close.

Yup. I have family that work for AMZN. Total Stepford Wives situation going on in those giant balls downtown.

China, China, China, China....all they fucking talk about.

Orange Man, Bad. Senile Bald Man, Good.

China, Best!