Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coal is GOOD!

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

I mean I’m not going to take you seriously if you do the “clean coal” bit.

There's a video somewhere on here of some local government babe touting the electric car fleet.

When asked where the power to charge comes from she said the local power company

When asked where they get the power from the answer was coal. Clean coal matters even for your unicorn dreams
    Wait, do you mean tomorrow we can’t have complete renewable energy everywhere! This is stunning to me, I am stunned.

“Clean” coal and “natural” gas is a marketing gimmick. I bet you idiots think the “all natural” label at the supermarket means something too.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

There's a video somewhere on here of some local government babe touting the electric car fleet.

When asked where the power to charge comes from she said the local power company

When asked where they get the power from the answer was coal. Clean coal matters even for your unicorn dreams
    Wait, do you mean tomorrow we can’t have complete renewable energy everywhere! This is stunning to me, I am stunned.

“Clean” coal and “natural” gas is a marketing gimmick. I bet you idiots think the “all natural” label at the supermarket means something too.
    No I watched Penn and Teller debunk organic food

What I said was you need coal and NG and oil for your unicorn dreams so the US having clean or cleaner if you insist coal is a good thing

You probably think the shit you put in your recycle bin gets recycled.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942

Like I give a fuck.

• Options

What I said was you need coal and NG and oil for your unicorn dreams so the US having clean or cleaner if you insist coal is a good thing

Is this a fancy hypocrisy argument? You say coal is bad but you want to use it to move to renewables?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It's "natural" in the sense that it does have to be refined. Surely someone with your superior education knew that already. And yes, NG does have much lower emissions than oil or coal. So why is it a bad thing to encourage it's use?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I tried telling my wife about this and she didn't want to believe me. All we're doing is paying the garbage hauler more money so that they can dump it in the same landfill with the regular garbage.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is this a fancy hypocrisy argument? You say coal is bad but you want to use it to move to renewables?
    Are you having trouble following along here?

You said coal is bad. I pointed out you need it for your unicorn. All of them along with NG and oil. I don't care if it takes 20 years or 200 years for the unicorn to appear. We need carbon and to say differently might make you the "idiot"
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

It's "natural" in the sense that it does have to be refined. Surely someone with your superior education knew that already. And yes, NG does have much lower emissions than oil or coal. So why is it a bad thing to encourage it's use?
    Modern American coal plants are clean. They have scrubbers and dust mitigation measures. They do produce about twice the CO2 as a gas fired electrical plant, hence the leftards call it dirty. They are dirty if you look at a chicom coal plant as the commies aren't concerned with clean air scrubbers. There hasn't been a new American coal plant built in years. They are gradually being replaced with cheaper natural gas, that being the largest reason for declining US CO2 emissions. Now a moron who wanted to stop the spreading use of natural gas to produce electricity would ban fracking a permits to drill on federal land and drive up the price. It's almost like Biden is a Russian puppet.
  • Options

You said coal is bad. I pointed out you need it for your unicorn. All of them along with NG and oil. I don't care if it takes 20 years or 200 years for the unicorn to appear. We need carbon and to say differently might make you the "idiot"
    Something can be bad and necessary at the same time. Like voting for Biden, bad but necessary.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Modern American coal plants are clean. They have scrubbers and dust mitigation measures. They do produce about twice the CO2 as a gas fired electrical plant, hence the leftards call it dirty. They are dirty if you look at a chicom coal plant as the commies aren't concerned with clean air scrubbers. There hasn't been a new American coal plant built in years. They are gradually being replaced with cheaper natural gas, that being the largest reason for declining US CO2 emissions. Now a moron who wanted to stop the spreading use of natural gas to produce electricity would ban fracking a permits to drill on federal land and drive up the price. It's almost like Biden is a Russian puppet.
    Or just follow the lead of California. Shut down power plants that use NG and do rolling black outs instead.

You can't make a rational argument for the green bullshit. Hence we get AOC and her true believers

When "green" makes green sense you will know it. Maybe your grandkids
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Or just follow the lead of California. Shut down power plants that use NG and do rolling black outs instead.

You can't make a rational argument for the green bullshit. Hence we get AOC and her true believers

You mean you're not conserving energy use at night when the sun isn't shining
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Green will make sense when the feds and states don't provide hundreds of billions in direct subsidies and mandated renewable standards which are then passed on to electric customers. That's why Cali electricity is so expensive.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Something can be bad and necessary at the same time. Like voting for Biden, bad but necessary.
    You shouldn't be so anxious to disagree with me when I agreed with you

All I said was you need it so be glad the US makes it cleaner

Trump would actually fit your description of a vote but we're past that now
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Green will make sense when the feds and states don't provide hundreds of billions in direct subsidies and mandated renewable standards which are then passed on to electric customers. That's why Cali electricity is so expensive.
    And even at that they can't meet demand

Go figure
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

But, but Kobe is opposed to subsides.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

And even at that they can't meet demand

Go figure
    Yeah, if you can't do basic math and science then running out of electricity seems like a phucking surprise. Like New York banning fracking and new natural gas pipelines and the state then has an "unexpected" natural gas shortage which they then blame the gas company for.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942
    edited February 2021
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Point of clarification:

Are distributions from the trust fund considered subsidies, entitlements or outright gifts?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Point of clarification:

Are distributions from the trust fund considered subsidies, entitlements or outright gifts?
    To Kobe? Definitely an entitlement.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I remember learning about cities that were getting fleets of hydrogen powered buses “their emissions are water!! How cool is that!?!??”

Where is the hydrogen refined? Through a very energy intensive process using NG or coal.

Technically it's extracted, not refined, but your point stands. Beyond that, not much point in arguing with Kobestopper III from Yokohama. Like all butt plugs, he's a complete idiot. Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.