Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kim, you state the most obvious shit on kjr ,but nothing new or compelling . You'r

2»

Comments

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    haie said:

You can look at it from this angle too: even if you did play high school ball, you still aren't completely knowledgeable of every position. I played corner and receiver, so in terms of the playbook all I had to know was what coverage I was in, or whether I was running a go route, out, or slant (yeah we had a realllly complex playbook). This is obvious, but really it's linemen and linebackers that know what they're talking about in any football discussion. So listen to the fattest guy in the room, if he played football at any level besides pee-wee/middle school. Now imagine someone like Kim who never even played. He wouldn't have a fucking clue without diving into the nerdy pool and even then he only knows strategy; he still knows fuck-all about footwork, etc. So right off the bat I completely disregard his analysis of any individual player in this state.

You're mostly correct about linemen and linebackers learning the most about football in high school. The coaches I had way back in the late 1950's insisted that we learn the playbook assignments for all positions and I recall this applied to QB's as well. I don't know about WR's and DB's and what they had to learn, but RB's were the least knowledgeable. I always thought that team managers, the kids who didn't pad-up or play the game, but were always around as go-fers and clipboard carriers for coaches and players might have learned the most if they chose to, at least on paper and from observation. Kim could have been a team manager in HS.