Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How come no one talks about Denver's defense?

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Seattle has to score points, too. I think the Broncos have a really underrated defense that has gotten better over the season.

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    because they suck
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Same as the seahawk offense. Everyone is focused on the 2 perhaps all time great units that they forget about the other 2. The seahawk offense is better than people think, they almost never turn it over and they have a rb in lynch who's game is peaking during the playoffs. Plus a passing game that's makes plays when it has to.
  • Options
    A lot of people are disregarding both units and they shouldn't be
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I have been more impressed with the Broncos defense than their offense in the playoffs.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

I have been more impressed with the Broncos defense than their offense in the playoffs.

I'm not surprised

• Options

I'm not sure I'd go that far but I get where you're coming from
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Broncos have scored 1 and 3 more points in their 2 playoff games than the Seahawks "struggling" offense against way shittier defenses.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2014
    It's a pretty mediocre defense, but they have played well so far in the playoffs. They play the run well, and have been the best in the playoffs so far at stopping the run. San Diego isn't a great running team though and Seattle is better than New England at running the ball. They are pretty bad against the pass, and their best pass rusher (Miller) is out for the year, but they do have pretty good depth on the DL. DL is easily the strongest unit on their defense.

They aren't terrible, but they do have a lot of journeymen on their defense. Their secondary is pretty bad too. Champ is old, so is Jammer. Rogers-Cromartie had a good year, but he's been injured and has had an inconsistent career. Safeties are journeymen, although Ihenacho seems to make plays whenever I watch. There are big plays to be made on this secondary.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

Broncos have scored 1 and 3 more points in their 2 playoff games than the Seahawks "struggling" offense against way shittier defenses.
    Did you watch the NE game though? They could have scored more and basically did what they wanted. They just settled for 3 a few times. Their passing game was fucking up NE.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2014
    Plus the AFC sucks. They held the Pats to 16, but think of the skill players they have, especially tight ends and receivers ( they're down to their 3rd and 4th string tight ends, and their receivers are nobodies). They also played the horrible NFC East, and the Cowboys put up a ton of points on them.

The Seahawks offensive problems not coincidentally came when they played NFC West teams and Carolina, and all those teams have great front sevens. They ought to do pretty well vs. the Broncos if they protect the ball.
  • Options

Plus the AFC sucks. They held the Pats to 16, but think of the skill players they have, especially tight ends and receivers ( they're down to their 3rd and 4th string tight ends, and their receivers are nobodies). They also played the horrible NFC East, and the Cowboys put up a ton of points on them.

The Seahawks offensive problems not coincidentally came when they played NFC West teams and Carolina, and all those teams have great front sevens. They ought to do pretty well vs. the Broncos if they protect the ball.

Tom Brady also played awful in that game, there was at least 1
    Touchdown he completely missed to Edelman, he also missed one or 2 more throws in that game.
    I also believe lynch is rolling and Denver is gonna have a really hard time stopping him
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Did you watch the NE game though? They could have scored more and basically did what they wanted. They just settled for 3 a few times. Their passing game was fucking up NE.

Seahawks should have scored one or two more times but settled. Im not buying that argument settling for 3 isn't scoring. After all that is why the Seahawks "struggle" a lot of the time, have decent drives that end in 3.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

Seahawks should have scored one or two more times but settled. Im not buying that argument settling for 3 isn't scoring. After all that is why the Seahawks "struggle" a lot of the time, have decent drives that end in 3.
    400 yards passing. 507 of total offense. Up 23-3 with 12 minutes left and took their foot off the gas. That's a pretty good game on offense.

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,417
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The defenses in the AFC are pretty weak in general compared to the NFC. At least that's what I'm hearing. I'm also hearing that Peyton Manning didn't want to play in the NFC. Coincidence? Who the fuck cares.