Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

CA Supreme Court allows murder charge against woman who used meth and had stillborn fetus

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
edited December 2020 in Tug Tavern
As a pro-choice person, I can’t really wrap my head around how a woman putting meth into her own body that ended up aborting her unborn clump of cells pregnancy is a crime.

Baffling decision to me. Seems unconstitutional as per Roe v. Wade. Are the CA Leftists upset they didn’t get their cut in the death of the child? Her body, her choice.

https://ktla.com/news/california/california-supreme-court-allows-murder-charge-against-woman-who-used-meth-and-had-stillborn-fetus/

The California Supreme Court declined Wednesday to stop the murder prosecution of a woman who had used methamphetamine and whose fetus was stillborn.

In doing so, the court rejected a rare challenge by the state’s attorney general, Xavier Becerra, whose office normally represents county prosecutors when their cases are appealed, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Thursday.

But Becerra, tapped by President-elect Joe Biden to head the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is also a supporter of reproductive rights and in a letter to justices said that fear of prosecution may prevent pregnant women from seeking addiction services. The case could also prompt extra scrutiny by law enforcement on miscarriages and stillbirths, he said.

Comments