Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mesa and some other Phoenix-area cities continue youth sports tournaments as COVID-19 surges

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    Mesa will continue to allow the tournaments, but the mayor said rule enforcement would be strict.

“The time for gentle persuasion is over. We have to have strict enforcement of these rules or I think the next step is to do what we’ve been asked to do, which is shut our fields," Giles said during a City Council session on Monday.

No more mostly peaceful persuasion.

No more mister nice guy
    They say he's sick, he's obscene
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    God I love Texas...everything is back to somewhat normal...wear a mask to go inside but otherwise everything is basically open.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,529 Standard Supporter

God I love Texas...everything is back to somewhat normal...wear a mask to go inside but otherwise everything is basically open.

As it should be. And even then the mask thing is just to play the game.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Mormons in mesa don't care
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    Yes open field China virus spread is real! It thrives in open breezy area in far greater numbers than your basement.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,093 Swaye's Wigwam

Mesa will continue to allow the tournaments, but the mayor said rule enforcement would be strict.

“The time for gentle persuasion is over. We have to have strict enforcement of these rules or I think the next step is to do what we’ve been asked to do, which is shut our fields," Giles said during a City Council session on Monday.

No more mostly peaceful persuasion.

No more mister nice guy
    They say he's sick, he's obscene

Fun fact. When he was Vincent Furnier, he held the record for the mile run at NAU.

CSB.