Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Senate stays GOP

GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,358
First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
So if Trump doesn't pull out the 4 that are left and he still could, at least they won't be able to railroad anything.

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    I was just looking for this info. Are we sure the GOP held it? I can't find any reporting thats shows a clear breakdown. I need coffee.
  • Options
    Yes looks pretty solid will lose Colorado and Arizona, gain Alabama and possibly Michigan so that is even minus one.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Goduckies said:

Yes looks pretty solid will lose Colorado and Arizona, gain Alabama and possibly Michigan so that is even minus one.

Ok cool. So likely 51 or 52 seats then? I couldn't find a source that just had that simple projection of what was "likely" to happen. Just reports from CBS and CNN and other morons saying things like "Dems Senate hopes dim" and shit like that.

Holding the Senate would be HUGE as the Dems Election Supes in Racine, Detroit, Atlanta and Philly keep counting until they get what they need.
  • Options
    Yeah looks like they are close to flipping Michigan now, so not looking good for Trump
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    PA still has 1 mm votes to count
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,948
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Goduckies said:

Ok cool. So likely 51 or 52 seats then? I couldn't find a source that just had that simple projection of what was "likely" to happen. Just reports from CBS and CNN and other morons saying things like "Dems Senate hopes dim" and shit like that.

Holding the Senate would be HUGE as the Dems Election Supes in Racine, Detroit, Atlanta and Philly keep counting until they get what they need.
    Will they go full gridlock for 2 years? That would be kind of fun to see ACA over tunes, house pass tax increases and GND and nothing happens.

Or will Sasse and Mitt get bought off again?

• Options
    Founders Club

Why should anyone care about the GOP winning anything?

Gutless fucking losers

Because those softball playing cunts are the only thing standing between Beto and my guns. But at 51-49, with Collins and Murkowski around, not sure it even matters. So yeah, gutless fucking losers.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,417
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Gutless fucking losers

Because those softball playing cunts are the only thing standing between Beto and my guns. But at 51-49, with Collins and Murkowski around, not sure it even matters. So yeah, gutless fucking losers.
    The Senate will cave in. Not even a question
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Gutless fucking losers

I know you are right. That's why it hurts. That will be really special to see the GOP Senate roll over on an "assault weapons" ban, because you know, the Dems will really respect us!
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    doogie said:

Or 1.1 mm, or 1.2 mm

Depends on how many Biden needs to go ahead. Then the counting stops. This is so fucked. No reason to trust a Democrat ever again. This is an irreconcilable situation.
  • Options
    Founders Club

doogie said:

Or 1.1 mm, or 1.2 mm

Depends on how many Biden needs to go ahead. Then the counting stops. This is so fucked. No reason to trust a Democrat ever again. This is an irreconcilable situation.
    Just keep counting until your guy wins I always say.

The problem is the Dems play to win. The GOP plays to show. Fucking soft losers. Trump, even after 4 years, has not been able to get these party operatives to nut up and fight in a phone booth.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    One day, long after all of our rights are stripped, GOP elders will look around and say "maybe we should have gotten down into the mud and played the game their way, instead of trying to be loveable losers so we could get a table at [insert fancy DC restraunt here]."
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Gutless fucking losers

Typically I’d agree. However, the Beto plan is so bad, I don’t think they can without a majority in Senate. Some Dem Senators will want to vote against.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Gutless fucking losers

Typically I’d agree. However, the Beto plan is so bad, I don’t think they can without a majority in Senate. Some Dem Senators will want to vote against.
    God, I hope you’re right.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Better recheck those flight logs
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Gutless fucking losers

Here's the thing. When's the last tim the Dems didn't hold their block together? GOP defects and goes limp dick all tim, because PRINCIPLES! Dems rarely do. But, like you and I were discussing a couple days ago, perhaps it's tim to let them ramrod some weapons bans through and get it to the SCOTUS before Thomas kicks the bucket. Make it settled law with a favorable court, once and for all. Unless Roberts flips and ACB recuses herself of course.

Thisissofucking irritating.gif
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Gutless fucking losers

Here's the thing. When's the last tim the Dems didn't hold their block together? GOP defects and goes limp dick all tim, because PRINCIPLES! Dems rarely do. But, like you and I were discussing a couple days ago, perhaps it's tim to let them ramrod some weapons bans through and get it to the SCOTUS before Thomas kicks the bucket. Make it settled law with a favorable court, once and for all. Unless Roberts flips and ACB recuses herself of course.

I see the play here, but I don’t want that shit to ever make it to Harris’s desk.

My mental Senate map ain’t great, but Midwest or Southern Dem senators would have to think long & hard about voting for that plan, and whether Party is above seat for them.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Gutless fucking losers

Why cant republicans just be like they used to be; Romney and McCain are real men of principle! I can respect that.