Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Post Election / Post COVID World for the Tug

2»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Education

haie said:

Noem is a close number two imo

Education and Technology, yeah.

If education isn't fixed, we will go astray on tech because every dumb fuck will want to just go learn react and make some shitty site and not care about thinking critically or solving disruption-type problems. Which is cancerous for this country.
    I am calling it that the big tech companies will start doing their own academies.

Hiring someone who doesn't know shit and commands a bunch of money and then have to teach them for 6 months or a year is bullshit

Im with you my man.

Although I still have to build out some more fucking sales tools in react lol
    We're in the process of having to build internal tools for our woefully underqualified implementation people, and we just threw our hands up and said fuck this, were just doing everything in Blazor and getting off of all JavaScript. Fuck it. And it's worked out great so far.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020
    Don't have to see HH gleefully report Russian disinformation.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    Foreign Policy
    the gnome thing will go on for a while
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    edited October 2020
    Technology
    haie said:

haie said:

If education isn't fixed, we will go astray on tech because every dumb fuck will want to just go learn react and make some shitty site and not care about thinking critically or solving disruption-type problems. Which is cancerous for this country.
    I am calling it that the big tech companies will start doing their own academies.

Hiring someone who doesn't know shit and commands a bunch of money and then have to teach them for 6 months or a year is bullshit

Im with you my man.

We literally just went through that at my company, and thank Christ he left on his own for some 4 year startup offering him double than what he's worth.

They kind of already have what you're talking about with AWS certification and all that. It's just not recognized enough yet but it will be at some point.

Or maybe like you're implying, they will take that to the next level and undercut the universities like the boot camps try to do.
    Yep they will.

I mean I'm trying to hire a dude under me. But the problem is that I built most of our shit on react and node for some stuff and we're implementing dynamics over the company so now some shit is .net

So any fucker I need is gonna dip in like a month.

I'm not really sure what to do tbh.

Yeah hire some fuckhead who doesn't know shit and teach him. But then he'll be gone
    Education

haie said:

haie said:

Im with you my man.

We literally just went through that at my company, and thank Christ he left on his own for some 4 year startup offering him double than what he's worth.

They kind of already have what you're talking about with AWS certification and all that. It's just not recognized enough yet but it will be at some point.

Or maybe like you're implying, they will take that to the next level and undercut the universities like the boot camps try to do.
    Yep they will.

I mean I'm trying to hire a dude under me. But the problem is that I built most of our shit on react and node for some stuff and we're implementing dynamics over the company so now some shit is .net

Yeah hire some fuckhead who doesn't know shit and teach him. But then he'll be gone
    You have the same problem as me. Because of the pandemic the personnel just can't scale with customers at this point, but yeah you need someone who doesn't mind digging into any framework and will just switch project to project coming up with something quick to onboard the customer. You can't teach or train that, it just has to be suffered through.

At this point I'm contemplating just dropping CTO/PM responsibilities and just being that person for my lead dev. I'd rather just suffer a bit and give him a capable dev than this bullshit with entitled losers that want to come tell us how to build a platform off of 0 experience.
    edited October 2020
    Technology
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Im with you my man.

Yep they will.

You have the same problem as me. Because of the pandemic the personnel just can't scale with customers at this point, but yeah you need someone who doesn't mind digging into any framework and will just switch project to project coming up with something quick to onboard the customer. You can't teach or train that, it just has to be suffered through.

At this point I'm contemplating just dropping CTO/PM responsibilities and just being that person for my lead dev. I'd rather just suffer a bit and give him a capable dev than this bullshit with entitled losers that want to come tell us how to build a platform off of 0 experience.
    Yeah the fun is my bud the cfo and I are doing a lot of analytics into the regions and whatnot because we have 7 salespeople coming on In January.

Were nerding out in power bi and doing like power automate shit to bring our ordering system into the crm. It's kinda fun

I just don't have time to train some asshole on gatsby typescript and azure functions lol
    edited October 2020
    Education

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Im with you my man.

Yep they will.

Yeah the fun is my bud the cfo and I are doing a lot of analytics into the regions and whatnot because we have 7 salespeople coming on In January.

Were nerding out in power bi and doing like power automate shit to bring our ordering system into the crm. It's kinda fun

I just don't have time to train some asshole on gatsby typescript and azure functions lol
    You need to just get junior level and be up front with the technologies they need to learn.

Neither of those things are beyond a motivated junior dev. Especially Azure/AWS services where there's tons of official documentation.

If you really don't want to train them at all, promise a senior salary and retroactive paychecks for some milestone.
    Technology
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Im with you my man.

Yep they will.

You need to just get junior level and be up front with the technologies they need to learn.

Neither of those things are beyond a motivated junior dev. Especially Azure/AWS services where there's tons of official documentation.

If you really don't want to train them at all, promise a senior salary and retroactive paychecks for some milestone.
    Let's take this shit to pm. Not today
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    Multiple threads reminiscing about Hondo
    Bump.

Sounds like electoral fraud just jumped to the top of the list.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Hold a rival music tournament just to piss off @YellowSnow
    Free @AZDuck.

We’ve got to get Modest Mouse some damn votes in this thing.
    Education
    Doogles said:

haie said:

haie said:

Im with you my man.

We're in the process of having to build internal tools for our woefully underqualified implementation people, and we just threw our hands up and said fuck this, were just doing everything in Blazor and getting off of all JavaScript. Fuck it. And it's worked out great so far.

haie said:

haie said:

Im with you my man.

Yep they will.

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Im with you my man.

Yep they will.

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Im with you my man.

Yep they will.

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Im with you my man.

Yep they will.

Eminem's awkward 'live TV' moment during Michigan-Notre Dame | For The Win
    I've been working a lot so that I have enough time for hookers and blow before/during the Cal game that is apparently going to crush my soul and not happen now.

Sorry.