Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Whenever you hear, "I'm a lifelong Republican but .....

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,834
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter
You know they are lying because leftards lie and love to be lied to. I can't imagine telling someone I was a lifelong dem but I'm voting for Biden. Wasn't raised that way.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

COLORADO: While some candidate signs are being damaged, others are simply deceiving lying to neighbors.

With ongoing reports of political yard signs being vandalized and stolen, it appears yard signs are also being used to deceive neighborhoods about who is supporting presidential candidate Joe Biden, apparently in hopes of swaying Republicans to abandon Donald Trump.

Complete Colorado was contacted about signs in a west Greeley neighborhood that read “I’m a Republican but not a fool. Biden for president.” The neighbors who contacted Complete Colorado said the sign did not accurately reflect the true political affiliation of the homeowners and felt it needed to be fact checked.

As fact checking political advertisement is commonplace and property and voting records are a matter of public record, Complete Colorado did investigate the allegations and found the neighbors to be correct.

Sad.

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

You know they are lying because leftards lie and love to be lied to. I can't imagine telling someone I was a lifelong dem but I'm voting for Biden. Wasn't raised that way.

COLORADO: While some candidate signs are being damaged, others are simply deceiving lying to neighbors.

With ongoing reports of political yard signs being vandalized and stolen, it appears yard signs are also being used to deceive neighborhoods about who is supporting presidential candidate Joe Biden, apparently in hopes of swaying Republicans to abandon Donald Trump.

Complete Colorado was contacted about signs in a west Greeley neighborhood that read “I’m a Republican but not a fool. Biden for president.” The neighbors who contacted Complete Colorado said the sign did not accurately reflect the true political affiliation of the homeowners and felt it needed to be fact checked.

As fact checking political advertisement is commonplace and property and voting records are a matter of public record, Complete Colorado did investigate the allegations and found the neighbors to be correct.

Sad.

I hear the Dazzler is a conservative, more conservative than either me or you.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Nothing says "A man of conservative principles" like the dazzler.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,135
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    John Kasich is being floated for the Biden cabinet and the Bernie Bros are livid. Its all about power and money
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Actually, Complete Colorado was the original source. Glad to clear up your confusion.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

Sad.

But the topic was lifelong Republicans.

I'm more interesting.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sad.

But the topic was lifelong Republicans.

I'm more interesting.
    No, the topic was people who lie about their politics.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020

My dad is a lifelong Republican and hates Trump. As recently as a month ago he said he didn't know who he was going to vote for. He said the only times he has voted Democrat was JFK in '62 and Clinton in '96.

He told me the other day, however, that he has decided to vote for Trump.

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016. Thought he'd govern as a New York Democrat. Didn't believe he'd ever stick to the things he was promising. Thought it was a huge mistake for Conservatives to vote for him and that he'd sell Conservatives out. I'll happily vote for Trump now warts and all. On policy issues he has been solid, outside of spending where his is fucking lousy. But when I look at the alternatives what are my choices? The Rats have gone full Marxist so they aren't an option.

I wonder how many conservatives like me are out there? Didn't vote for him in 2016 but will now. Is anyone who voted for Trump in 2016 not going to vote for him again in 2020?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

My dad is a lifelong Republican and hates Trump. As recently as a month ago he said he didn't know who he was going to vote for. He said the only times he has voted Democrat was JFK in '62 and Clinton in '96.

Sounds like your Dad was almost a liar, but now isn't.

Or maybe he is if he still hates Trump.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,450
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016. Thought he'd govern as a New York Democrat. Didn't believe he'd ever stick to the things he was promising. Thought it was a huge mistake for Conservatives to vote for him and that he'd sell Conservatives out. I'll happily vote for Trump now warts and all. On policy issues he has been solid, outside of spending where his is fucking lousy. But when I look at the alternatives what are my choices? The Rats have gone full Marxist so they aren't an option.

I wonder how many conservatives like me are out there? Didn't vote for him in 2016 but will now. Is anyone who voted for Trump in 2016 not going to vote for him again in 2020?
    I have to imagine there are more people who didn’t vote for him in 16 but will now than there are people who voted for him in 16 but won’t now. And I doubt that contest is even remotely close.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Seems to me someone who voted for Trump in 2016 and won’t in 2020 will sit this one out, typically rather than vote Biden.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

That was me too in 2016. I know lots of similar conservatives. Not NeverTrumpers and never ever considered voting for PIPS. This year all very enthusiastic Trump voters given the alternative and Trump's very decent performance under the circumstances.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

That was me too in 2016. I know lots of similar conservatives. Not NeverTrumpers and never ever considered voting for PIPS. This year all very enthusiastic Trump voters given the alternative and Trump's very decent performance under the circumstances.
    No conservative could vote for Trump. You gals aren't conservatives.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,135
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Right conservative voters favor Hillary and Biden

What a dumbfuck
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Put spending aside, because he is awful there. But when I look at what they did to the VA, the cuts in regulations, the cuts in taxes, going after what Universities were doing when it came to their violation of due process, crushing ISIS, pulling out of the Iran deal. Getting out of the Paris accords fraud. Solid judicial appointments, 3 conservative SC judges, doing something about illegal immigration, moving the embassy in Israel (and look how fucking wrong the "experts" were on that) opening up Federal land to fracking, he has a long list of accomplishments.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    Founders Club

Sounds like your Dad was almost a liar, but now isn't.

Or maybe he is if he still hates Trump.
    My dad is honest to a fault
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,633

I don't like Trump's demeanor. Few do. His policies however are exactly what we need. I'd like less spending.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,338
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Policy Trump has been amazing... if he could stop tweeting...
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,338
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

I don't like Trump's demeanor. Few do. His policies however are exactly what we need. I'd like less spending.

This 100%