Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH Favorite Rock Album Elite 8 (1972 - 79) - #3 Dark Side vs #4 Highway To Hell

HH Favorite Rock Album Elite 8 (1972 - 79) - #3 Dark Side vs #4 Highway To Hell 29 votes

3) Pink Floyd – Dark Side Of The Moon
58%
RaceBannonSwayeRoadDawg55Mad_SonYouKnowItdncalumni94chuckbiak1pawzGrundleStiltzkinseatownfunkspudenLebamDawgLaocoönRDRFishpo31 17 votes
4) AC DC – Highway To Hell
41%
whlinderAtomicDawgdfleaBad_MotherDuckerhuskyhooliganIPukeOregonGrellowWilliams3YellowSnowBleachedAnusDawgLesGrossmanBeerThirtyJoeEDangerously 12 votes

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 22,084
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments
    So @dnc came close to running the table on predicting how these albums would do. 3 of the 4 bracket championships are 1 vs 2 seeds. The only miss - i.e., #3 vs #4 - in the 1970's is on me. I let me confirmation bias in with Exile and Rumors as the 1 and 2 seeds.
    dnchuskyhooligan
  • dfleadflea Posts: 5,695
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 5,000 Up Votes Seventh Anniversary
    Frankly, this is a travesty.

Yeah, I know about how long Dark Side was on the charts, blah, blah, and its supposed significance in music, but I think if you go listen to both of these albums back to back, you're going to think Dark Side is riding on reputation and not how much it rocks. Highway to Hell just rocks. Really fucking well.

YellowSnowBleachedAnusDawghuskyhooligan
    dflea said:

Yeah, I know about how long Dark Side was on the charts, blah, blah, and its supposed significance in music, but I think if you go listen to both of these albums back to back, you're going to think Dark Side is riding on reputation and not how much it rocks. Highway to Hell just rocks. Really fucking well.

Don’t get greedy @dflea . You get one team in the Final 4
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Posts: 8,364
    10,000 Awesomes 5,000 Up Votes Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments
    dflea said:

Strong disagree. Dark side is the only album in this tournament I ever listen to beginning to end anymore.
    chuck
  • SwayeSwaye Posts: 34,627
    Swaye's Wigwam Solar Eclipse Donator 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes
    edited October 17
    Dark Side is some legendary shit.

Doesn't matter. Back in Black is a goddamn sledgehammer of musical justice.
    dfleahuskyhooligan
    Floyd wins 16-10.
    GrundleStiltzkin