Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dems and media change definition of packing the court

2»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,176
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Their low-info idiotic consumers don’t know what it means so now if you confirm your party’s nominee, it’s “packing the court.”

Trump needs to ask Biden in the next debate if he’s in favor of adding more justice to SCOTUS beyond the current panel of 9.

The informed centrist in me acknowledges that it’s a clear attempt by the left to redefine “court packing,” it’s mildly clever, but I’m curious for how many this is a critical issue.
    I remember taking basic US civics in public school. They told us about the three co-equal branches of our representative government that came from this written document called the US Constitution. Destroying the Supreme Court based on a congressional vote seems like a critical issue to me. I also remember that FDR was heavily criticized for just talking about it, let alone doing it. Scratch a leftist, find a fascist.
    Sadly, not as many kids take civics now as they should, otherwise they may feel the same way. As a centrist, I’m not wild on increasing the number of justices. It’ll just go back and forth over the decades until there are 51 justices on the SCOTUS.

I think the confirmation of ACB is a hotter button issue than court packing for many.
    "Not wild" if you were an actual centrist you'd be against this vehemently as a form of extremism that will erode our democracy. Fuck off.
    But I did say I was against it, as a centrist.
    "Not wild on" isn't against it. Hth. Fuck off.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Their low-info idiotic consumers don’t know what it means so now if you confirm your party’s nominee, it’s “packing the court.”

Trump needs to ask Biden in the next debate if he’s in favor of adding more justice to SCOTUS beyond the current panel of 9.

The informed centrist in me acknowledges that it’s a clear attempt by the left to redefine “court packing,” it’s mildly clever, but I’m curious for how many this is a critical issue.
    I remember taking basic US civics in public school. They told us about the three co-equal branches of our representative government that came from this written document called the US Constitution. Destroying the Supreme Court based on a congressional vote seems like a critical issue to me. I also remember that FDR was heavily criticized for just talking about it, let alone doing it. Scratch a leftist, find a fascist.
    Sadly, not as many kids take civics now as they should, otherwise they may feel the same way. As a centrist, I’m not wild on increasing the number of justices. It’ll just go back and forth over the decades until there are 51 justices on the SCOTUS.

I think the confirmation of ACB is a hotter button issue than court packing for many.
    "Not wild" if you were an actual centrist you'd be against this vehemently as a form of extremism that will erode our democracy. Fuck off.
    I thought it was pretty clear. It’s arguing over semantics at this point.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,769
    edited October 2020
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I thought it was pretty clear. It’s arguing over semantics at this point.
    And Antifa? Still crickets.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    Doogles said:

MelloDawg writes like he has brain damage.

Dain bramage is bad!
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,531
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

"Sadly, not as many kids take civics now as they should ..."

Geezus, you post this as if the kids are making a conscious decision not to take a civics class. The only conscious choice is the decision to not teach a classic civics course to our kids to allow them to be critically thinking functioning citizens. The people who are for indoctrinating our kids that America is racist and liberty and freedom are tools of oppression, and that oppression is a tool for equality are the people you vote for. You love being a tool and a sheep. I don't.

Our teachers make sure that the students only think as a group think entity. They can't have kids learning and thinking on their own, it is more important to make decisions based on feelings. other people's feelings.
    Just like the Dems in the senate hearings today - they want everyone's feeling to sway the votes for no confirmation. Guilt trips rule
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,783
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

Geezus, you post this as if the kids are making a conscious decision not to take a civics class. The only conscious choice is the decision to not teach a classic civics course to our kids to allow them to be critically thinking functioning citizens. The people who are for indoctrinating our kids that America is racist and liberty and freedom are tools of oppression, and that oppression is a tool for equality are the people you vote for. You love being a tool and a sheep. I don't.

Our teachers make sure that the students only think as a group think entity. They can't have kids learning and thinking on their own, it is more important to make decisions based on feelings. other people's feelings.
    Just like the Dems in the senate hearings today - they want everyone's feeling to sway the votes for no confirmation. Guilt trips rule
    Pretty much the Dimocrat strategy lately
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Why do you pretend you’re a centrist?
    It’s a trolling bored meme at this point. @MelloDawg is a raging Leftist fag no offense intended as a fellow Centrist.

He’s a young @HHusky.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

And you need to "think" along racial, gender and sexual orientation lines. Black people need to all think the same. Just like gay people and Hispanic people.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Why do you pretend you’re a centrist?
    Same reason the Dazzler pretends he is a conservative. They don't want to defend the liberal positions and policies they vote for but they do want to passive aggressively dump on Conservatives without having to craft and defend an argument that does so.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,769
    Bump for Cricket Boy.

@insinceredawg - fucking faggot extraordinaire.