Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Rusty chose the side of the Rapist over the little black girl who was raped.

Chinteresting
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,414 Founders Club
    I'm surprised by this. But maybe I should be surprised that I'm surprised.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,414 Founders Club
    I was talking to an acquaintance of mine last Friday, and he was talking about how Jacob Blake was just walking down the street minding his own business when the cops shot him 7 times. Later on I sent him a link to the NY Post story about how there was much more to the details surrounding Blake's arrest. He never responded and I doubt he even read it.

What more can I or anyone do? If people want to believe a narrative they will not open their minds.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,568 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020

I was talking to an acquaintance of mine last Friday, and he was talking about how Jacob Blake was just walking down the street minding his own business when the cops shot him 7 times. Later on I sent him a link to the NY Post story about how there was much more to the details surrounding Blake's arrest. He never responded and I doubt he even read it.

What more can I or anyone do? If people want to believe a narrative they will not open their minds.

Jacob was walking down the street after visiting his children as he had many times before. It was a good visit, the kids were glad to see him. His ex- even seemed grateful for his visit and stole away a private moment while the kids weren't looking, gently sliding his hand between her legs while whispering into his ear. Jacob looked forward to more of these private moments with the love of his life.

He felt a tinge of guilt as he left his family, minding his own business when his instincts kicked in. He could feel it. He'd had that feeling before as all black men have. It's always there but this time was more pronounced. He was being hunted.

At that moment, it was fight or flight. Many times before he'd fled, hiding under porches or beneath cars, wherever he could find shelter from the police. This time it had to to end differently. This time he would become the aggressor. This time THEY would become the hunted.