Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

More things that I didn't know. Geezus must be closet racist after all.

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
edited August 2020 in Tug Tavern
Gee, people have been making fun of fat people since the start of time. There was a Fatty Arbuckle before they even let real black people in the movies. I guess when Bill Cosby wasn't drugging women he even made fun of fat people. Racist bastard. Hey, hey, hey. Guess I'll have to lay off those Yo Momma is so fat jokes.

http://ace.mu.nu/

A professor who regularly writes about race and health issues recently argued that the stigma surrounding obesity is linked to racism.
Sabrina Strings, a professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine told CBS News that the medical community�s approach to weight issues stems from anti-blackness and oppression.

She told CBS News on August 20:

We cannot deny the fact that fat-phobia is rooted in anti-Blackness. That's simply an historical reality. Today, when people talk about it, they often claim that they don't intend to be anti-Black ... they don�t intend all of these negative associations, and yet they exist already, so whenever people start trafficking in fat-phobia, they are inherently picking up on these historical forms of oppression.

Comments