Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today's observations

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
Had to do some banking today and had to show ID. After I got over the shock of being obviously racial profiled I forked over my Oregon driver's license which expired in May. Due to the chicom crud the Oregon DMV was shut down except for listed emergencies of which normal license renewal (new photo and eye test) was not included. The teller told me the DMV just started taking online appointments for visits to the DMV for license renewals. So, I got home and signed up for the first available appointment - October 29. So, Oregon has been paying thousands of DMV workers for months for what? The disconnect between government employees who are theoretically working for us and the real world is immense. It's okay to put 40 million private sector employees out of work but not essential government workers who have nothing to do but "work" at home on not issuing driver's licenses.

Then we have the teachers who tell us its not safe to go to work with children. But, teachers are going to the grocery store, shops and restaurants where apparently it is safe to be served by young people who are too dangerous to be allowed back in the classroom.

This alone tells me that it is insanity for a private sector employer or employee to vote for any dem this fall.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Had to do some banking today and had to show ID. After I got over the shock of being obviously racial profiled I forked over my Oregon driver's license which expired in May. Due to the chicom crud the Oregon DMV was shut down except for listed emergencies of which normal license renewal (new photo and eye test) was not included. The teller told me the DMV just started taking online appointments for visits to the DMV for license renewals. So, I got home and signed up for the first available appointment - October 29. So, Oregon has been paying thousands of DMV workers for months for what? The disconnect between government employees who are theoretically working for us and the real world is immense. It's okay to put 40 million private sector employees out of work but not essential government workers who have nothing to do but "work" at home on not issuing driver's licenses.

Then we have the teachers who tell us its not safe to go to work with children. But, teachers are going to the grocery store, shops and restaurants where apparently it is safe to be served by young people who are too dangerous to be allowed back in the classroom.

This alone tells me that it is insanity for a private sector employer or employee to vote for any dem this fall.

It's science
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    My daughters could choose to either do all on-line HS or a hybrid until January. Senior took the hybrid. Sophomore took the on-line. I’m guessing it will be all on-line soon enough.
    YouKnowIt said:

Didnt you see the "Teachers for BLack Lives Matter" sign at the nightly protest... they can protest with 100s of randoms, but can't teach 20+ kids?

Protests don't spread the virus. It's been proven by science. If if it did, it's a scientific fact that racism is a more pressing health issue than the virus.

All science.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    But, teachers are going to the grocery store, shops and restaurants where apparently it is safe to be served by young people who are too dangerous to be allowed back in the classroom

making a lot of assumptions here - teachers I know haven't eaten since the March shutdown. Child labor laws and science won't allow the kids to work in a restaurant - until after the pandemomiumpandemic dies
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    Went to lunch today at Buster's BQ in Tigard. This time last year on a Friday the place would have been packed. Today, just 6 customers including my friend and I. Some restaurants can get by with some cook to order stuff, like steaks, pasta dishes, fish etc. Tough to cook brisket to order. Lot's of food prepared that will be tough to sell. Money down the drain. Most of a 12 pound brisket going to waste.

Ate lunch yesterday at California Pizza Kitchen at the upscale Bridgeport outdoor mall. Located in the triangle of Tualatin, Tigard and Lake Oswego. Less than 20% occupied. Last year the place would have been full. Good news is that the school district put back up the tennis court nets. A father and son were playing tennis without masks. They will probably be dead of the chicom crud, maybe 18 days. 36 tops. Remember that Slo Joe has promised that he will cure the nation of the virus by mandating wearing masks outdoors under all circumstances. So, does that apply to football players? PGA golf tour.

More pizza for me!
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    Well, since I haven't been rioting, I have not been anyplace that has the slightest feeling of optimism and energy.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    I went to a photo studio. Chick who owns it is hot as balls.

We used a plus sized model and laughed at her. It was cruel but funny