Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm backing Cops over Teachers these days

TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
SPOG's Petition Against the Crazy Seattle City Council is at www.stopdefunding.com.

As much as I've dealt with Officer Dickheads in my life, this time, my enemy's enemy is clearly and unambiguously my friend.

Comments

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How dare you play politics with the lives of our children and black people.

How dare you.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,761
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    CDC and Fowchee recommends reopening schools on site. The precious WHO that the dems love, says that when positivity rate drops below 5% on a 2 week moving average society should be reopening. King County is at like 3.6%. American Society of Pediatricians was ahead of both of them on reopening.

So who are the teachers now waiting for them to tell them it safe?

If they are truly scared, let them stay home and do the same number of hours on zoom that they would do in class. Document those hours electronically. Have the kids be on site regardless of what the teacher wants.

Refuse same number of hours and dock pay at a linear rate. They’ll get sick of zoom for 6-7 hours a day and go back, call their bluff.

We won’t though.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Bob_C said:

CDC and Fowchee recommends reopening schools on site. The precious WHO that the dems love, says that when positivity rate drops below 5% on a 2 week moving average society should be reopening. King County is at like 3.6%. American Society of Pediatricians was ahead of both of them on reopening.

If they are truly scared, let them stay home and do the same number of hours on zoom that they would do in class. Document those hours electronically. Have the kids be on site regardless of what the teacher wants.

Refuse same number of hours and dock pay at a linear rate. They’ll get sick of zoom for 6-7 hours a day and go back, call their bluff.

We won’t though.

Very few kids log on to Zoom school regularly. Those that do, complete little of the token trivial assignments.

Most of the Zoom meetings are teachers asking themselves, where and the Fuck are the students?
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,761
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

Bob_C said:

We won’t though.

Very few kids log on to Zoom school regularly. Those that do, complete little of the token trivial assignments.

Most of the Zoom meetings are teachers asking themselves, where and the Fuck are the students?
    That’s why I suggested kids in school, watching a zoom video in class together with teacher at home (if they are too scared).

What’s wrong with that? Science is fine with it.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    But what does Jesse Hagopian have to say about all of this? He is a SJW masquerading on taxpayer dime as an "educator" who also tried to put the WA State Lawmakers under Citizen's Arrest in 2012. What a clown:

https://seattletimes.com/opinion/why-seattle-educators-demand-cut-to-police-budget/

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HFNY said:

But what does Jesse Hagopian have to say about all of this? He is a SJW masquerading on taxpayer dime as an "educator" who also tried to put the WA State Lawmakers under Citizen's Arrest in 2012. What a clown:

https://seattletimes.com/opinion/why-seattle-educators-demand-cut-to-police-budget/

Jesse's heart is in the right place most of the time, but his head has become a bit disconnected from reality as he increases his profile within the activist community. I don't like his encouragement of activism with his students and "making the streets our classrooms." It's not right to use easily influenced young people as pawns in his own agenda and street battles. I don't see that as very helpful or educational. In fact, I find it corruptive and detrimental, in most cases, compared with learning how to make change within the system, which is how most of it actually happens.

Yo Jesse! Leave that shit for kids to discover in college, bro. That's where it belongs, not in HS.

I also bristle at his support for Kshama Sawant (He needs her like he needs a brain tumor), and his anti-Israel/anti-Semitic, pro-Palestinian positions he mouths off about. That shit is too complicated for HS students to understand without years of studying the subject and its history.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    Standard Supporter
    Leftards are opposed to history and facts. Just stuff the kids with a wad of feelings because that will leave them totally prepared for the real world.