Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Let's be completely honest here:

PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,585 Standard Supporter
Before a week ago, 95% of the country had no clue who John Lewis was.

And today he is getting dead POTUS treatment with live coverage of his funeral on all major networks.

Obama to deliver eulogy. Over/under on AAARGGH! MEAN ORANGE MAN references?

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
    It's been a 6 day event

Thud
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
    Truth be told, when I heard John Lewis died, I thought "I thought he died 20 years ago?" Because I thought they were talking about the jazz pianist.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Truth be told, when I heard John Lewis died, I thought "I thought he died 20 years ago?" Because I thought they were talking about the jazz pianist.

I thought he was Elijah Cummings and died years ago andhad a bunch of corruption. That said, I am noticing of all of the accomplishments he is being lauded for none occurred in the last 40 years.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,844 Standard Supporter

I thought he was Elijah Cummings and died years ago andhad a bunch of corruption. That said, I am noticing of all of the accomplishments he is being lauded for none occurred in the last 40 years.
    That's because he has been a race baiter for those 40 years. He has falsely accused hundreds of being racist. He has been a huge proponent of dividing the races instead of leading for unity. He lied and said he was spit on by peaceful Republican demonstrators.

The man did something brave 60 years ago and had an impact on our society and its history, then he squandered it by being a shitty human being and a lying politician.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    Built up some legitimate street cred then became a professional black. Cashed in bigly for promoting the divisive black blame whitey for the black poverty that Lewis ruled over. In the end, no difference from race hustler Rev. Al. Sad.