Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So now that falling deaths is no longer a talking point

we're back to talking about how we're flattening the curve, just as I predicted.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    When did you predict this and the mortality rate is going down. Imagine testing millions of people to see if they’re sick with a specific virus, yet the tests have been shown to be faulty.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2020

Flattening the curve was the only reason for the lockdown

Its flat. Hospitals are not overwhelmed. Dead bodies are not stacked up

What the fuck is your point

2 outright falsehoods. It was flat, not anymore.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Where are the dead bodies stacked up? That’s an obvious lie by you.

Also, the mortality rate is flattened due to testing litterally millions.

What’s your point? You just lied about bodies stacked up, so share your wisdom.
  • Options
    The point of the lockdowns was to do 2 things.

1. Flatten the curve so hospitals aren't overwhelmed
    2. Buy time, suppress the virus, and develop infrastructure to allow for a re-opening that was smart and safe. Because if #1 happens without #2 then the curve will only be flat as long as shit is closed which is not sustainable. At that point shutting down is a waste of time as you are just delaying the inevitable.

Europe did both #1 and #2, that's why they're adding a fraction of the cases per day we're adding (but according to dumbfuck PGOS we're doing better because more people died there 4 months ago). Asia in many cases didn't even need to lock down but where they did they did #1 and #2.

Guess what route we chose?
  • Options

At what point are we allowed to say bodies have stacked up? When it hits 150k? 200k?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The mortality rate is now in line with a seasonal flu. Gunshot victims and “probable” deaths without testing are being added.

You’re a fucking moron. You write fairly well, but your ignorance to “Science!” makes me embarrassed for you, @incremetal_progress.

Tell me where bodies are being stacked up, too.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

At what point are we allowed to say bodies have stacked up? When it hits 150k? 200k?
    Have you been getting paid during this shutdown. Either you’re a public worker getting paid, or you’re on the Mom and Dad White Privilege Plan. You seem to have zero empathy for millions out of work. Are you a sociopath/Asperger’s case like @HHusky?

Yes/No
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    fuck off. Millions of workers being out of work is fucking awful. A situation where people are ostensibly "in work" but not getting any business because people remain scared about the virus is no better. My mother actually had her hair done the other day for the first time since March and she said she was the last customer that stylist had for the day and it was like 1PM in a generally busy establishment.

Not to mention a situation like Texas where bars had to restaff to re-open and now have to fire everyone again cause they have to close again. How the fuck is that good for business?

Not giving a fuck about the virus has and will continue to prolong this suffering. Sweden never shut down and still suffered significant job loss, so spare me the "you don't care about workers" bullshit that the GOP has been pushing when their leadership has failed them.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Which cities are you talking about here? I can assure you it is not Houston.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

fuck off. Millions of workers being out of work is fucking awful. A situation where people are ostensibly "in work" but not getting any business because people remain scared about the virus is no better. My mother actually had her hair done the other day for the first time since March and she said she was the last customer that stylist had for the day and it was like 1PM in a generally busy establishment.

Not to mention a situation like Texas where bars had to restaff to re-open and now have to fire everyone again cause they have to close again. How the fuck is that good for business?

Not giving a fuck about the virus has and will continue to prolong this suffering. Sweden never shut down and still suffered significant job loss, so spare me the "you don't care about workers" bullshit that the GOP has been pushing when their leadership has failed them.

Spare me your faux empathy for millions losing jobs as you hype up WuFlu stats. You don’t give a shit about it as long as it may bring down Drumpf.

Are you going to answer my question? Public worker, or still on the Mom and Dad plan?

Which one, son? No way you have an adult life.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    so what's your proposal to help them? we're not locked down so I'm not sure what is the cause of this anger from you about pointing out the reality. What's holding back the economy is literally the virus, you don't have your democrat governor boogie men to blame anymore.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    MelloDawg said:

Show me video of people dying of Covid waiting for a room while being turned away.

Houston has a Democrat mayor and allowed mass protests and even then you can’t show me proof that hospitals are in overrun. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,148

MelloDawg said:

Show me video of people dying of Covid waiting for a room while being turned away.

Houston has a Democrat mayor and allowed mass protests.
    I mean, if that’s how you define overwhelmed, then you’re right, they’re not.
  • Options

MelloDawg said:

Houston has a Democrat mayor and allowed mass protests and even then you can’t show me proof that hospitals are in overrun. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
    there's nothing, just a sudden spike in people dying before they even reach the hospital

• Options

MelloDawg said:

there's nothing, just a sudden spike in people dying before they even reach the hospital

Of “cardiac arrest” according to your chart. How many heart disease patients didn’t get the exercise and appointments they need during the Democrat Shutdown in Houston?

Thanks for proving the shutdown killed more people with heart disease.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933

When did you predict this and the mortality rate is going down. Imagine testing millions of people to see if they’re sick with a specific virus, yet the tests have been shown to be faulty.

Same time as he disclosed the location of the bodies stacked like cordwood.
  • Options

MelloDawg said:

Of “cardiac arrest” according to your chart. How many heart disease patients didn’t get the exercise and appointments they need during the Democrat Shutdown in Houston?

okay I guess I'll spell it out. A virus can impact different parts of the body. But I guess if you want to believe a 50% spike in such deaths is just pure randomness sure I guess.
  • Options

MelloDawg said:

okay I guess I'll spell it out. A virus can impact different parts of the body. But I guess if you want to believe a 50% spike in such deaths is just pure randomness sure I guess.
    I didn’t say it was random. I said heart disease people need exercise and doctor visits, not to mention the stress associated with not being able to work.

You’re a college kid. Mom and Dad pay for your White Privilege. My first clue is that your arguments are thin.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2020

MelloDawg said:

The postulator bears the burden of proof on that one.