Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So what happens with recruiting...

next year if the season is cancelled?

Don't think it will be, but if it is its going to create quite a logjam/mess. Are they going to force a bunch of Srs who didn't get to play their last year to graduate (I doubt it), and if not are they going to up the scholarship limits to allow folks to bring in freshman when only a few folks leave (i.e. those that look like they will be drafted go ahead and turn pro). Think some schools will push back hard on bumping it up to 105 for a year or so since their budgets are going to be screwed. I doubt they will give an extra year (beyond a forced redshirt) to the non-Seniors, but it will make that year (and the NFL draft that year) all the more interesting. My guess is they may bump it up 10 scholarships or so (which won't impact the top teams as they'll have a bunch of players go pro), but will put scholarship availability for that next tier of recruits at a premium.

Interesting dilemma though, but makes it all the more puzzling why you would reach for players right now when so much is unknown. Maybe this is Chip Kelly's strategy on being way under on schollies...he's just waiting until next year when no one else has room to pick up high-end recruits.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

next year if the season is cancelled?

Don't think it will be, but if it is its going to create quite a logjam/mess. Are they going to force a bunch of Srs who didn't get to play their last year to graduate (I doubt it), and if not are they going to up the scholarship limits to allow folks to bring in freshman when only a few folks leave (i.e. those that look like they will be drafted go ahead and turn pro). Think some schools will push back hard on bumping it up to 105 for a year or so since their budgets are going to be screwed. I doubt they will give an extra year (beyond a forced redshirt) to the non-Seniors, but it will make that year (and the NFL draft that year) all the more interesting. My guess is they may bump it up 10 scholarships or so (which won't impact the top teams as they'll have a bunch of players go pro), but will put scholarship availability for that next tier of recruits at a premium.

Interesting dilemma though, but makes it all the more puzzling why you would reach for players right now when so much is unknown. Maybe this is Chip Kelly's strategy on being way under on schollies...he's just waiting until next year when no one else has room to pick up high-end recruits.

If SEC teams continue to max out their scholarship intake, then Jimmy needs to be doing the same. The NCAA will make sure the SEC isn't negatively impacted, and if Jimmy thinks any different, he should be fired now.