Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Quuaacckk

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited May 2020 in Duck Refuge
Darren Barkins, 3-star cornerback, commits to Oregon Ducks; Recruiting class jumps to No. 10 nationally

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2020/05/darren-barkins-3-star-cornerback-commits-to-oregon-ducks-recruiting-class-jumps-to-no-10-nationally.html

Duck coaches are really excited about this kid
Β«1

Comments

• DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    edited May 2020

The 6-foot, 170-pounder has become one of the hotter names out West in the past two months. He’s landed offers from Washington, Cal, UCLA, Boise State, Oklahoma and others.

Oregon cornerback coach Rod Chance has put in a lot of work on Barkins since arriving to Eugene. With the Ducks needing to land a big group of DB’s in this class, Barkins was one of the Ducks’ top targets.

Oregon continues to put together one of the top recruiting classes in the country. The Ducks have one of the highest average star ratings in the country on most major recruiting services. -SD
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Except maybe the Husky coaches with the avalanche bearing down on them. 😁
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

Whatever the fuck that means.
    edited May 2020
    You know very well what it means. If you’re too much of a moron I’ll spell it out for you.... it refers to the fact your coaches are sucking in putting together a 2021 class.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

You know very well what it means. If you’re too much of a moron I’ll spell it out for you.... it refers to the fact your coaches are sucking in putting together a 2021 class.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Shouldn't even play the games?

πŸ€‘πŸ‘
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

DJDuck said:

It means you're sniffing Stanford's jock and counting their wins over Oregon as your own.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

It means you're sniffing Stanford's jock and counting their wins over Oregon as your own.
    I said they've done well against both UO and UW and you shit yourself. You know, they won multiple rose bowls too and were a barrier to the North this decade. Dipshit.
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

I said they've done well against both UO and UW and you shit yourself. You know, they won multiple rose bowls too and were a barrier to the North this decade. Dipshit.
    And I say that Washington football has been crap for nearly 25 years with just a few years of exception and you start talking about Stanford. Hey I get it, I wouldn't want to talk about UW either.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

And I say that Washington football has been crap for nearly 25 years with just a few years of exception and you start talking about Stanford. Hey I get it, I wouldn't want to talk about UW either.
    And you dodge how shit tier Oregon is at everything but sports, with 0 championships still and less conference championships recently than UW.

And I never said UW football has been amazing at football the last 25 years.

But to somehow act like you're SEC West with desolating losses to the likes of Stanford (no support) and WSU (no money, terrible recruiting) is fs. Your two worst losses in for fucking ever came at the hands of UW (there's your plug) and fucking Utah, both at home.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

And you dodge how shit tier Oregon is at everything but sports, with 0 championships still and less conference championships recently than UW.

But to somehow act like you're SEC West with desolating losses to the likes of Stanford (no support) and WSU (no money, terrible recruiting) is fs. Your two worst losses in for fucking ever came at the hands of UW (there's your plug) and fucking Utah, both at home.
    I don't think anyone seriously thinks Oregon is SEC West.

I think it's a broad generalization to say Oregon is shit-tier at everything but sports. But, to the extent you want to make that claim, you have to throw pretty much all the schools in the conference except for the Cali schools in the toilet with them.

My point is, what's the point in saying Oregon is shit-tier in non-sports in a sports convo? Do we make that point when arguing with the people from the Zona schools? Oregon State? Cuog (actually, never mind on that one).

Overall history in FB favors UW. Overall history for the last 25 years unquestionably favors Oregon.

They have a coach now that's showing flashes of promise. That's about all anyone can say.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

I think it's a broad generalization to say Oregon is shit-tier at everything but sports. But, to the extent you want to make that claim, you have to throw pretty much all the schools in the conference except for the Cali schools in the toilet with them.

My point is, what's the point in saying Oregon is shit-tier in non-sports in a sports convo? Do we make that point when arguing with the people from the Zona schools? Oregon State? Cuog (actually, never mind on that one).

Overall history in FB favors UW. Overall history for the last 25 years unquestionably favors Oregon.

They have a coach now that's showing flashes of promise. That's about all anyone can say.
    You're never going to convince me that UW belongs in the same realm as fucking Oregon and Oregon State.

The "keep it about sports guys" may sound appropriate to you but it's a school rivalry too. UW doesn't even compete with the Oregon schools in that regard. Hell, Oregon is pretty shit compared to WSU even if you give a shit about pragmatic career paths.

Yes football is insanely important and it obviously burns me, especially that UW just laid down like a bitch most of the time. But at least I admit that and don't act like a douchebag screaming, "Thanks for laying 70 on us guyyss!!!"
  • PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2020
    haie said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

You're never going to convince me that UW belongs in the same realm as fucking Oregon and Oregon State.

The "keep it about sports guys" may sound appropriate to you but it's a school rivalry too. UW doesn't even compete with the Oregon schools in that regard. Hell, Oregon is pretty shit compared to WSU even if you give a shit about pragmatic career paths.

Yes football is insanely important and it obviously burns me, especially that UW just laid down like a bitch most of the time. But at least I admit that and don't act like a douchebag screaming, "Thanks for laying 70 on us guyyss!!!"
    Thanks for laying 70 on us?!
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

Thanks for laying 70 on us?!
    More of that, less DJFS spam and Arizona wildcat quooking.
    edited May 2020
    Sound a little defensive Haie nut. You guys are going to be lucky to keep ahead of Cal for 3rd place in PAC 12 2021 recruiting. Your visit to Autzen this year is not going to be pretty moron.

Last 16 years Oregon 14 wins vs Washington 2 wins. You are right that in football Washington is nowhere near in Oregon’s class.πŸ˜‚
    A little little Friday rivalry hatred starring sad sack Chris Peterson

Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

Sound a little defensive Haie nut. You guys are going to be lucky to keep ahead of Cal for 3rd place in PAC 12 2021 recruiting. Your visit to Autzen this year is not going to be pretty moron.

Last 16 years Oregon 14 wins vs Washington 2 wins. You are right that in football Washington is nowhere near in Oregon’s class.πŸ˜‚

I agree recruiting isn't going great but it's not like we don't have the best quarterback locked up and it's fucking May coming off a pandemic, likely a weird season where everyone could look shitty to a degree, etc. Go drive blacked out with the ghost of Pre.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

A little little Friday rivalry hatred starring sad sack Chris Peterson

Super hurtful. Quooks aren't like 12's at all.
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

We're talking football, I don't give a shit that UW might have a better history department. The fact you're even trying to drag anything into this conversation other than football shows that even you know Oregon has passed your program by.

You used to be the superior football program. You no longer are and you haven't been so for years.