Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pin this shit. Numbers and shit give you fucking perspective.

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
The famous UW model predict 842 deaths by August 4th and then the shit is pretty much done.

Population of Washington State in 2018 was 7.536 million

1/100th of a percent

Other odds of dying

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020
    *gurgle* needs to pick up its game.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wonder how proud Pumpy is that the Gates have finally been closed on everyone.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,330
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It’s hard to believe you guys think the numbers would look like this if we hadn’t done anything.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,559
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

It’s hard to believe you guys think the numbers would look like this if we hadn’t done anything.

what I am afraid of the government will do this every year on a projected ________ outbreak.

fill in the blank. Flu? Homelessness?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    HH. Scratch a leftist find a fascist. Except open borders, free shit and empty prisons unless you are conservative.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I believe the projections assume social distancing through a certain time period
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I honestly laughed at Sunstroke.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2020

HHusky said:

Fair enough - as long as you count the suicides and domestic violence assaults and murders as a result of people's lives being ruined economically, too though the end of the COVID scoreboard period.
    I can't imagine those deaths will be significant, but there a ton of externalities that need to be accounted for postmortem. How many people will die because of the economic downturn? How many people will die because the hospital system was focused on covid and other treatments fell by the wayside? These will be crucial statistics for developing an action plan for the next crisis.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

HHusky said:

Fair enough - as long as you count the suicides and domestic violence assaults and murders as a result of people's lives being ruined economically, too though the end of the COVID scoreboard period.
    I can't imagine those deaths will be significant, but there a ton of externalities that need to be accounted for postmortem. How many people will die because of the economic downturn? How many people will die because the hospital system was focused on covid and other treatments fell by the wayside? These will be crucial statistics for developing an action plan for the next crisis.
    Anecdotally - stopped by FIL's retirement community to drop off some groceries last week. Not assisted living -retirement, so there are married couples there. Groceries get dropped on the sidewalk and he wanders out to get them.

4 cops cars out front. A fire truck and 2 ambulances parked about a block away waiting for the police to secure the scene - that's the new protocol for first responders. Police go in first, then the fire/paramedics and medical transport go in.

Old people freak out. Hurt each other. That's just one of many. Domestic Violence cases are up right now across all age groups - they just are back page news. Just like property crimes are starting to rise. But that doesn't make for good press conferences.

People will continue to get hurt and possibly die because of this debacle -and it will have nothing to do with the COVID - other than lives disrupted. If you're that naive to think the financial stress isn't going to fuck with people, you are a heartless cunt.

Not saying you're a heartless cunt because maybe you're not naive. Don't twist. But your response indicates naivety, so clearly a heartless cunt in waiting. Don't go down the same path as H, ID and the troll.

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

What we did saved lives. I'm not saying that.

The real question I have is this: Reading about R0 mitigation, it seems like closing schools, social distancing and masks, and banning large events would have gotten us to a very similar spot we're at now.

None of those things would have crashed the economy.

The state governments pressed literally every damn button they could to reduce R0. Even fishing.

I really doubt that a lot of these things beyond the common sense measures I listed above, made a difference.

But why? Should we really believe governments are this stupid? It seems to me they've been wanting to control how we eat, piss and shit our entire lives.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

HHusky said:

Anecdotally - stopped by FIL's retirement community to drop off some groceries last week. Not assisted living -retirement, so there are married couples there. Groceries get dropped on the sidewalk and he wanders out to get them.

4 cops cars out front. A fire truck and 2 ambulances parked about a block away waiting for the police to secure the scene - that's the new protocol for first responders. Police go in first, then the fire/paramedics and medical transport go in.

Old people freak out. Hurt each other. That's just one of many. Domestic Violence cases are up right now across all age groups - they just are back page news. Just like property crimes are starting to rise. But that doesn't make for good press conferences.

People will continue to get hurt and possibly die because of this debacle -and it will have nothing to do with the COVID - other than lives disrupted. If you're that naive to think the financial stress isn't going to fuck with people, you are a heartless cunt.

Not saying you're a heartless cunt because maybe you're not naive. Don't twist. But your response indicates naivety, so clearly a heartless cunt in waiting. Don't go down the same path as H, ID and the troll.

FYI Firemen are fags. Can't tell you how many places I've watched burn while they fiddled or how many people have died while they watch. They have a process for everything that becomes more complex every year and they never deviate and it slows things way down. I've known lots of them and decent guys but it's the process.......
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

FYI Firemen are fags. Can't tell you how many places I've watched burn while they fiddled or how many people have died while they watch. They have a process for everything that becomes more complex every year and they never deviate and it slows things way down. I've known lots of them and decent guys but it's the process.......
    Well to be fair, I think you're talking about the bueracracy (government) not most of the men who are firefighters.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2020

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Well to be fair, I think you're talking about the bueracracy (government) not most of the men who are firefighters.
    I was in that statement. I know a paramedic that killed more people than the plague! His nickname was Dr. Death! I told the other fireman if I was hurt bad they better not let him near me or the shooting would start! Probably just bad luck on his part.

When it comes to fire those guys have never lost a foundation! When a building across the street from the fire station burns to the ground you know they like to watch! It's all about looks for Americas Heroes!

Whenever shit is happening you will always hear "ask the police if it's safe to come in" over their radio.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You sound bitter that firemen have won the PR war against your brethren.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

New Protocols in place for all first responders - police in to clear the area, then the medical firemen. Implemented since the lockdown 3 weeks back.

Not driven by the fireman's union for a change. thoseguysarefags.gif