Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Grad transfer QB Anthony Brown to Oregon

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited April 2020 in Duck Refuge

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,158
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "...40 touchdowns and 20 interceptions. However, he missed the last six games of this season with a leg injury..."

:D
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,040
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    His stats suck, but his motion in the highlight videos is good. I bet we? run him 10 times a game until he gets hurt.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tyler "better than Mariota" Shough is gonna get sick of waiting around
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tyler "better than Mariota" Shough is gonna get sick of waiting around

I’m torn between my personal beliefs that a fully-functioning Garbers like quarterback Shough is better than a Masoli type and how funderful that Holier Than Though section of ScoopDuck Twatter meltdown would be if Brown wins the job.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I think Shough wins the job. He already knows the offense. I think he will be a great QB. IMO Bown could win the job but at this point he is an experienced proven Div 1 QB that adds a needed backup.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    DJDuck said:

I think Shough wins the job. He already knows the offense. I think he will be a great QB. IMO Bown could win the job but at this point he is an experienced proven Div 1 QB that adds a needed backup.

That’s the QB11 party line. But it doesn’t hold water in my opinion.

Brown doesn’t go to a place to hold a clipboard for his redshirt senior year. And Crystalball doesn’t give up one of his two remaining couches to hand out if he doesn’t have questions about Shough. Shough may well be the starter. But Brown is on the first plane to Missoula, Bozeman or whatever his FCS city of choice is if it becomes clear that’s happening.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

DJDuck said:

Brown doesn’t go to a place to hold a clipboard for his redshirt senior year. And Crystalball doesn’t give up one of his two remaining couches to hand out if he doesn’t have questions about Shough. Shough may well be the starter. But Brown is on the first plane to Missoula, Bozeman or whatever his FCS city of choice is if it becomes clear that’s happening.
    I don’t even know QB 11 or have I read any posts of his on this. I was against picking up a grad transfer even now. The simple truth is that he adds insurance no matter what your opinion.

I never said he is going to Oregon “to hold a clipboard”. I think he thinks he will win the job. Good for him if he does. I merely stated my opinion that I thought Shough would win the job. Whatever happens they will both play.

• Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    DJDuck said:

He knows Moorhead’s offense?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Moorhead isn’t going to wholly change the offense particularly in the time frame they have with the Coronavirus crisis. Time is limited for a wholesale change to be learned IMO Scott. We don’t even know when they are going to start practicing. However a good point otherwise.👍🏻

Who knows maybe Brown blows everyone away. Like he said:

“I wasn’t promised anything – and that’s another thing that I really liked about the staff,” Brown said. “No promises, no guarantees, no strings attached – just me coming in… and me coming in and competing with the other quarterbacks. And being able to bring experience to the table is a huge thing for me. I really appreciated the fact that they offered me the opportunity to come in and compete, especially with nothing guaranteed.”

The graduate transfer said the absence of a promise is “better for the team honestly… and better for the quarterback room."
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Quarterback transfer Anthony Brown on Oregon Ducks: ‘No promises, no guarantees, no strings attached’

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2020/04/quarterback-transfer-anthony-brown-on-oregon-ducks-no-promises-no-guarantees-no-strings-attached.html

Brown had already taken a trip to Oregon and was impressed by what he heard from Mario Cristobal and new offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead.

He was also pleased that the trip didn’t involve a sales pitch or a promise of playing time – just an opportunity to compete for the starting job vacated by graduating quarterback Justin Herbert.

“I wasn’t promised anything – and that’s another thing that I really liked about the staff,” Brown said. “No promises, no guarantees, no strings attached – just me coming in… and me coming in and competing with the other quarterbacks. And being able to bring experience to the table is a huge thing for me. I really appreciated the fact that they offered me the opportunity to come in and compete, especially with nothing guaranteed.”

The graduate transfer said the absence of a promise is “better for the team honestly… and better for the quarterback room."
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Oregon Ducks QB Tyler Shough ‘leaves spring as the starter’

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/04/oregon-ducks-qb-tyler-shough-leaves-spring-as-the-starter.html

“ Brown, who is at home in New Jersey still recovering from a torn left anterior cruciate ligament, completed 59.1 percent of his passes for 1,250 yards with nine touchdowns and two interceptions last season at Boston College. The three-year starter also ran for 128 yards and two scores and had a receiving touchdown in 2019.”
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

I don’t even know QB 11 or have I read any posts of his on this. I was against picking up a grad transfer even now. The simple truth is that he adds insurance no matter what your opinion.

I never said he is going to Oregon “to hold a clipboard”. I think he thinks he will win the job. Good for him if he does. I merely stated my opinion that I thought Shough would win the job. Whatever happens they will both play.

Not my poont in the least.

If Shough wins the job, there's a very high probability Brown hits the transfer portal before game 1. No fifth-year senior worth his salt is going to happily hold a clipboard his last year. And that's why saying this is a depth play doesn't hold water.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,040
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2020
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

You repost everything from from scoopduck. When I thought you be couldn't even be more of an idiot bitch, it turns out you're a gutless liar.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs