Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

America First

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

What actions should he have taken? Your candidate Slo Joe is owned by the chicoms and wouldn't have shut the border to China. So easy to be a conservative. Flail away Tommy. Don't hurt yourself.

It's been explained to the TugTards ad nauseum but all you dumbfucks respond with is "but but but he banned travel from China!!!"

He should have:
    -Expedited production of test kits and started testing
    -Conduct contact tracing on patient zero (the guy in Everett who came back from China and tested positive)
    -Ramp up production of N95 masks, ventilators, and other medical equipment
    -Gotten ahead of what happened and China and started addressing the public about the imminent threat. This includes warning Governors/Mayors about allowing large public gatherings and implementing social distancing guidelines. That should have come from the top to have consistency across the country.

Instead he did nothing but downplay the significance of the threat until shit hit the fan. But at least he banned travel from China right?
    I agree with most of those measures. Trump was bad on this early on (I was right again).

To really prevent this, if COVID is contagious as weº are told right now, a fortune-teller early ban on Asian travel and quarantine of all US citizens returning from there, was probably about the only thing.
    Trump admits it himself that he doesn't like to plan ahead and instead acts on his instincts. He's extremely reactionary and the majority of his solutions are very simple in nature. His response to patient zero is the perfect example. The reactive approach was to cut off travel from where it originated, the proactive approach would be to conduct thorough testing and prepare the country. In hindsight his decision to ban travel was the right move but he should have done so much more.
    Yes.
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1282717/#Comment_1282717
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

GDS said:

Based on the actions taken by certain senators it appears the classified intelligence briefings on the virus showed the risk was much more substantial to the country than was being disseminated to the public and to state and local officials. Those briefings should be declassified.

I agree with that.

Their malfeasance aside, selling stocks doesn't mean they were told 2.2 million were going to die. They could have easily seen that people would freak out, which is a good tim to get out.
    Hence why they should be declassified. Until they are we are just left with the appearance of malfeasance. Declassifying what they knew and when would likely end the doubt. If the reason they sold was based on their hunch of hysteria vs actual hard information I would assume they would be all in favor of shining the light of day on the briefings to exonerate themselves.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

GDS said:

Based on the actions taken by certain senators it appears the classified intelligence briefings on the virus showed the risk was much more substantial to the country than was being disseminated to the public and to state and local officials. Those briefings should be declassified.

I agree with that.

Their malfeasance aside, selling stocks doesn't mean they were told 2.2 million were going to die. They could have easily seen that people would freak out, which is a good tim to get out.
    Hence why they should be declassified. Until they are we are just left with the appearance of malfeasance. Declassifying what they knew and when would likely end the doubt. If the reason they sold was based on their hunch of hysteria vs actual hard information I would assume they would be all in favor of shining the light of day on the briefings to exonerate themselves.
    Seems to me they malfeased either way.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2020

Trump should just sit in a room and come up with catchy nicknames for things like Kung Flu. That’s been the extent of his contributions.

I always appreciate your Chicken Little contributions Tommy. We're all going to die!!!! Btw, is this now WWIV?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    SFGbob said:

Trump should just sit in a room and come up with catchy nicknames for things like Kung Flu. That’s been the extent of his contributions.

I always appreciate your Chicken Little contributions Tommy. We're all going to die!!!! Btw, is this now WWIV?
    Have you found the WWIII quote?

If not, make with the apology or LEAVE!
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What actions should he have taken? Your candidate Slo Joe is owned by the chicoms and wouldn't have shut the border to China. So easy to be a conservative. Flail away Tommy. Don't hurt yourself.

It's been explained to the TugTards ad nauseum but all you dumbfucks respond with is "but but but he banned travel from China!!!"

He should have:
    -Conduct contact tracing on patient zero (the guy in Everett who came back from China and tested positive)
    -Gotten ahead of what happened and China and started addressing the public about the imminent threat. This includes warning Governors/Mayors about allowing large public gatherings and implementing social distancing guidelines. That should have come from the top to have consistency across the country.

Instead he did nothing but downplay the significance of the threat until shit hit the fan. But at least he banned travel from China right?
    I agree with most of those measures. Trump was bad on this early on (I was right again).

To really prevent this, if COVID is contagious as weº are told right now, a fortune-teller early ban on Asian travel and quarantine of all US citizens returning from there, was probably about the only thing.
    Can’t. That would be racist.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

GDS said:

I agree with that.

The were too busy IMPEACHING THE MOTHER FUCKER! to read some dumb China briefings.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

He should have:

Can’t. That would be racist.
    There are multiple Asian races, bigot.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Shit, I’d forgotten about this. 2-3 weeks too late, in hindsight, and too narrow.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/coronavirus-china-live-updates/2020/01/31/eeac61b6-442b-11ea-b503-2b077c436617_story.html?itid=hp_hp-top-table-main_chinavirus-840a:prime-time/promo

The United States announced Friday it would be taking new measures to combat a coronavirus outbreak, including denying entry to foreign nationals who had recently visited China and imposing 14-day quarantines on American citizens returning from mainland China.
    More than 11,800 people have been diagnosed with the rapidly spreading virus. More than 250 have died, all of them in China. The State Department told Americans not to travel there and advised those who are already there to consider leaving.
    Following a quarantine order issued Friday, which government officials said was last used in the 1960s, evacuees held at a base in California will have their movements tightly controlled for 14 days after they left China because health experts are still uncertain about how readily the virus spreads.
    Here is what we know:
    ●The United States has issued a “Level 4” travel advisory for China, its highest level of caution, over the rapidly spreading outbreak.
    ●Beginning Sunday, the United States will funnel all flights from China to the United States through seven airports.
    ●Americans returning to the United States who have been in China’s Hubei province within 14 days will face a mandatory quarantine. Americans returning to the United States from other parts of China will face enhanced screening and a self-quarantine of up to 14 days.
    ●The World Health Organization has declared the virus a global public health emergency, requiring states to ramp up their responses.
    ●Are you in isolation or quarantine because of the coronavirus? We want to hear your story.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    GDS said:

GDS said:

I agree with that.

Your opinions are worthless, you lying POS pedophile. Let's see those Tulsi words you promised and never delivered, which show her "soft spot for Assad." C'mon Asshole! You've had over 6 months and you swore you had them. Let's see them, now.

Or, alternatively, go kill yourself. Your choice, Pedophile.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

BUMP...

Where’s the quote?

Or are you drafting your apology now?

So did you LEAVE!?!?!?

No other options.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

BUMP...

Where’s the quote?

So did you LEAVE!?!?!?

No other options.
    So you're now denying that you did a little Chicken Little dance about Trump, Iran and WWIII? So much for that apology.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

BUMP...

Where’s the quote?

So did you LEAVE!?!?!?

No other options.
    I don't recall the exact words, but I do recall your histrionics about Trump getting the US involved in a war with Iran was it? Maybe it wasn't you that called it WW3 - that may be true - but you apologized the following day for losing your shit and others on these boreds were saying Trump was Pushing the US into WW3, for killing that Iranian General, perhaps?

I've drank a lot since that conversation, but I sorta kinda think I have it right.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

BUMP...

Where’s the quote?

So did you LEAVE!?!?!?

No other options.
    I don't recall the exact words, but I do recall your histrionics about Trump getting the US involved in a war with Iran was it? Maybe it wasn't you that called it WW3 - that may be true - but you apologized the following day for losing your shit and others on these boreds were saying Trump was Pushing the US into WW3, for killing that Iranian General, perhaps?

I've drank a lot since that conversation, but I sorta kinda think I have it right.
    I apologized for lobbying personal attacks at posters over the situation, because it was somewhat personal. I feared a regional conflict at worst, and my comments support that.

Just because some other retards were saying WWIII doesn’t mean I was.

Bob can’t find the quote because it doesn’t exist. Also, he’s a retard, so I doubt he can use the search function. So much for that apology indeed...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2020

SFGbob said:

BUMP...

Where’s the quote?

So did you LEAVE!?!?!?

No other options.

I apologized for lobbying personal attacks at posters over the situation, because it was somewhat personal. I feared a regional conflict at worst, and my comments support that.

Just because some other retards were saying WWIII doesn’t mean I was.

Bob can’t find the quote because it doesn’t exist. Also, he’s a retard, so I doubt he can use the search function. So much for that apology indeed...
    Weird, you weren't calling them "retards" at the time in fact you were pretty much in agreement with them.

I’m pissed that the current president just got Americans killed. And this is just the start. You got your war. Congrats.

Fuck off Tommy.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/67816/and-here-we-go/p1
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2020
    So you were as usual phu*cking wrong Tommy, yet are claiming some sort of phu*cking victory. Speaking of ducking, what would Slo Joe have done better than Trump? It was his administration that ran down the ventilator supply for the H1N1 flu and then didn't resupply. It was Cuomo that blew NY money on a snale oil solar scam instead of ventilators. So how about Slo Joe?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

So you were as usual phu*cking wrong Tommy, yet are claiming some sort of phu*cking victory. Speaking of ducking, what would Slo Joe have done better than Trump? It was his administration that ran down the ventilator supply for the H1N1 flu and then didn't resupply. It was Cuomo that blew NY money on a snale oil solar scam instead of ventilators. So how about Slo Joe?

Hell up until just a few weeks ago Biden was criticizing Trump for being too tough on his sponsors the Chinese.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Naaaaah, no meltdown going on here:

ThomasFremont said:
    » show previous quotes
    Fuck you. I have family on the fucking wall protecting this country.

You can go kill yourself.

Seriously.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

BUMP...

Where’s the quote?

So did you LEAVE!?!?!?

No other options.
    So you're now denying that you did a little Chicken Little dance about Trump, Iran and WWIII? So much for that apology.
    Oh...he did a chicken little dance with the emotional “here we go” screech...now seems to be on repeat. But it was this leftist dhdawg that claimed WWIII. Also for @dfela

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

BUMP...

Where’s the quote?

So did you LEAVE!?!?!?

No other options.
    Oh...he did a chicken little dance with the emotional “here we go” screech...now seems to be on repeat. But it was this leftist dhdawg that claimed WWIII. Also for @dfela

Do see anywhere in that thread were Tommy disagreed with the WWIII assessment? He didn't say it but he certainly kicked off and then participated in the Chicken Little dance.