Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lonyatta (Junior) Alexander, 2021 3* WR, Burien (Kennedy Catholic), WA (Through the Portal)

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,579
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Emoterman said:

Do I have this right: we preferred Alexander over Time, offered him first, but we got Tinae while Alexander is going to ASU, and Tinae is 4* to Alexander's 3*?

Is there a conventional wisdom as to why it went this way? UW preference, ranking, where they're committing?

Alexander was higher on UW's board and most colleges board which is why he was more heavily pursued and had more competition. Alexander stopped feeling Washington a few months back and told them to move on as he was focused on out of state schools. Recently Washington pressured Tinae to get him to commit but if they had there choice they wanted Alexander who has more upside.
    There's gotta be more to this story. How tf could Alexander not "feel" Washington with Sam Huard at least a little bit? Is this a case of a kid wanting to blaze his own path out of state/out of Sam's shadow, not liking Sam, or did UW just fuck it up royally? If the latter, how?
    Lol you know the answer to that.

It’s a real possibility. The other is playing time. We signed 3 guys better than Alexander last year.
    So did ASU. Dudes took like 6WR last year. That 7 recruiting
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2020
    ASU has taken a bunch of skill guys the last 2 cycles. A few transfers for the lines but there will be a lot of holes on both sides of the line. They are so busy patting themselves on the back for the skill guys that they won’t notice when the ball gets run right through them.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,002
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Emoterman said:

Do I have this right: we preferred Alexander over Time, offered him first, but we got Tinae while Alexander is going to ASU, and Tinae is 4* to Alexander's 3*?

Is there a conventional wisdom as to why it went this way? UW preference, ranking, where they're committing?

Alexander was higher on UW's board and most colleges board which is why he was more heavily pursued and had more competition. Alexander stopped feeling Washington a few months back and told them to move on as he was focused on out of state schools. Recently Washington pressured Tinae to get him to commit but if they had there choice they wanted Alexander who has more upside.
    There's gotta be more to this story. How tf could Alexander not "feel" Washington with Sam Huard at least a little bit? Is this a case of a kid wanting to blaze his own path out of state/out of Sam's shadow, not liking Sam, or did UW just fuck it up royally? If the latter, how?
    Lol you know the answer to that.

It’s a real possibility. The other is playing time. We signed 3 guys better than Alexander last year.
    So did ASU. Dudes took like 6WR last year. That 7 recruiting
    Is ASU trying to be like the 2001 - 2003 Huskies under Neuheisal where he just recruited WRs all the time?

Sounds like a great plan for mediocrity.
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ASU has offered 329 players this cycle.
    Oregon 239
    USC 179
    We have offered 94 and can’t even get all of the 94 scheduled to take virtual visits.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

ASU has taken a bunch of skill guys the last 2 cycles. A few transfers for the lines but there will be a lot of holes on both sides of the line. They are so busy patting themselves on the back for the skill guys that they won’t notice when the ball gets run right through them.

Cool narrative.

2019: 5 OL/4 DL plus one transfer on each side
    2020: 2/2 plus two OL transfers
    2021: Only 11 verbals 2 of which are OL and 1 DL

Also they always ran a 3-3-5 prior to this year. I presume Marvin Lewis will switch to a 4-3 so now they will probably need some more DL as they fill out their 2021 class and maybe a transfer or two.
  • Options
    5starsareforlosers5starsareforlosers Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I think the point was more quality vs. quantity.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I think the point was more quality vs. quantity.

Butt out new fish and find your own argument. I can only deal with so much idiocy at one time.
  • Options
    UrviewsaretrashUrviewsaretrash Member Posts: 15
    5 Awesomes First Comment
    Meek said:

we choppin' it up with any linebackers?

I'm worried that this is Smalls/Huard insurance. This guy isnt all that great for a 6'2" WR

he won't see the field for 9 years so what's the diff?
    Oh WOW
  • Options
    5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2020

I've never been very excited about this kid but I have a feeling I'm goi g to be very disappointed by the diamond in the rough we take instead

I'm sure he will take this to heart.😂🤣
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Come home Lonyatta!
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,301
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Come home Lonyatta!

Agreed. Is this the UCLA battle?
  • Options
    5 Awesomes First Comment

I can't remember, is this the Local Talent we want, or don't want?

Huh
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

Come home Lonyatta!

Agreed. Is this the UCLA battle?
    Probably not.
  • Options
    5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    5 Awesomes First Comment

Cal: "Overall, that’s home for me, Cal is pretty much home. they make it feel like home.

Washington: "it’s in-state and home. I really love Washington because it’s pretty much home, it is home."

Homes, I bet he picks the home school, Homes

Man you really hate this kid....wow
    What tf has he done to u😂🤣
  • Options
    5 Awesomes First Comment

I've never been very excited about this kid but I have a feeling I'm goi g to be very disappointed by the diamond in the rough we take instead

Yeah you hate the kid. Wow
  • Options
    5 Awesomes First Comment

That's odd but likely means his commitment video isnt done yet.

Yep....you sure do
    Shit is funny