Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lonyatta (Junior) Alexander, 2021 3* WR, Burien (Kennedy Catholic), WA (Through the Portal)

Comments

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Emoterman said:

Do I have this right: we preferred Alexander over Time, offered him first, but we got Tinae while Alexander is going to ASU, and Tinae is 4* to Alexander's 3*?

Is there a conventional wisdom as to why it went this way? UW preference, ranking, where they're committing?

Alexander was higher on UW's board and most colleges board which is why he was more heavily pursued and had more competition. Alexander stopped feeling Washington a few months back and told them to move on as he was focused on out of state schools. Recently Washington pressured Tinae to get him to commit but if they had there choice they wanted Alexander who has more upside.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

Do I have this right: we preferred Alexander over Time, offered him first, but we got Tinae while Alexander is going to ASU, and Tinae is 4* to Alexander's 3*?

Is there a conventional wisdom as to why it went this way? UW preference, ranking, where they're committing?

They are both 4 stars
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Alexander was higher on UW's board and most colleges board which is why he was more heavily pursued and had more competition. Alexander stopped feeling Washington a few months back and told them to move on as he was focused on out of state schools. Recently Washington pressured Tinae to get him to commit but if they had there choice they wanted Alexander who has more upside.
    And did the coaches back off or did they try recruiting their asses off for a kid they wanted?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020

Emoterman said:

There's gotta be more to this story. How tf could Alexander not "feel" Washington with Sam Huard at least a little bit? Is this a case of a kid wanting to blaze his own path out of state/out of Sam's shadow, not liking Sam, or did UW just fuck it up royally? If the latter, how?
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Emoterman said:

There's gotta be more to this story. How tf could Alexander not "feel" Washington with Sam Huard at least a little bit? Is this a case of a kid wanting to blaze his own path out of state/out of Sam's shadow, not liking Sam, or did UW just fuck it up royally? If the latter, how?
    Lol you know the answer to that.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Emoterman said:

Actually I don't subscribe to the automatically assume everything is the coach's fault narrative. There's always nuance, so I'm curious how this went down because it's weird.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,827
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emoterman said:

Actually I don't subscribe to the automatically assume everything is the coach's fault narrative. There's always nuance, so I'm curious how this went down because it's weird.
    Logic has no place on the boreds.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Beno4Life said:

Emoterman said:

Because while playing for Sam is a plus, it’s not a huge factor for most recruits. Look at how many WR’s and TE’s that said no to us and went elsewhere. We had to pressure Tinae into committing to us and even that was a close battle with Washington State.
    Not disagreeing based on the 2021 class thus far, but Sam sure worked for the best WR signee since Reggie in Jalen McMillan.
    No doubt and I was hoping he would have the same effect on Troy but sadly he never got to visit again
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    don't get me wrong ... playing potentially with a sam huard is worth something .... knowing that chemistry and experience playing with a sam huard at fsp is worth something even more tangible ...

but at the end of the day, other factors like system, coaching track records, family stuff, school etc coffee cups ... all matters.

and that every major school has significant quarterback talent associated with them. So, it's not like a major croot is going into the unknown or taking huge risk turning down UW and ISHIT as much as we want Franklin ...

• Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 755
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don’t get why one more visit would have swayed Troy. He’s been here. He knows Sam well. He’s FSP. What more would he need to see? And did he get a Covid visit to Eugene?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Is that why Troy committed to Oregon?