Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Beyonce reveals her top 10 secrets to a bootylicious body, wealth, and fame. #5 will SHOCK you!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ‘You can go to live in France, but you cannot become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, or Turkey or Japan, but you cannot become a German, a Turk or Japanese. But anyone, from any corner of the Earth, can come to live in America and become an American.’

Reagan
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited November 2019
    GDS said:

‘You can go to live in France, but you cannot become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, or Turkey or Japan, but you cannot become a German, a Turk or Japanese. But anyone, from any corner of the Earth, can come to live in America and become an American.’

Reagan

Sure anyone can come to live in America now because our leaders have become feckless idiots that don't understand that immigration needs to be halted for at least a few decades, if not permanently. This is the 21st century, not the 18th. America doesn't need more immigration. And just because you come here doesn't mean you're an American, or considered as such. I would argue it's no different than France.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

This discussion is closed.

You closed the Tacoma Tuff store, J. But the franchise remains open elsewhere.
  • Options

GDS said:

Reagan

Sure anyone can come to live in America now because our leaders have become feckless idiots that don't understand that immigration needs to be halted for at least a few decades, if not permanently. This is the 21st century, not the 18th. America doesn't need more immigration. And just because you come here doesn't mean you're an American, or considered as such. I would argue it's no different than France.
    I'm irritated by the insulting ignorance of all the Mexican flags people march around So Cal with and all the "La Raza" racial bullshit, which is racist AF, even though many Hispanics think it's okay. Whatevs. If they say it's just "pride in their Raza" and not code for a hopeful future conquest of the Southwest, they aren't telling the truth. Go to any protest and argue with any one of those folks and they'll say "You stole it from us and we?'re gonna take it back" about California, while remaining conspicuously silent about the brutality of Cortes and the Aztec Empire he destroyed, etc., etc.

There is so little historical context ever provided in any of these protests or discussions that it always devolves down to race and racism as the deciding factors among the SJW crowds. In truth, the arguments are so hypocritical and circular that that the entire "intersectionality" theory will always wind up in a circular firing squad, but try to tell that to a pissed off 3rd generation Mexican immigrant women at a Berkley protest without getting smashed over the head by a bike-lock. Not gonna happen.

Of course we need immigrants into the US to sustain the growing economy and social safety nets. I'm a huge fan of regional trade deals that benefit Mexico and Central American countries and think we should allow similar travel and residence permissions for those folks like the British Commonwealth Countries do with one another. If Mexicans come here to work, that's fine. If they want to become citizens, fine. Just follow the legal processes, which seem to be too expensive and time-consuming right now and should be simplified, but it's all got to be controlled so we aren't overwhelming the border and communities with so-called "refugees" who show up without a pot to piss in and immediately raid the social safety net working, taxpaying Americans have funded. That's neither fair, nor fiscally responsible or sustainable. If we just stick to an orderly system that accounts for the up-front costs, we'll be fine. But any such suggestion by a white person will be taken as racist and anti-immigrant, it seems, so I doubt the necessary changes will happen anytime soon.

Basically I guess we're fucked.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

GDS said:

Reagan

I'm irritated by the insulting ignorance of all the Mexican flags people march around So Cal with and all the "La Raza" racial bullshit, which is racist AF, even though many Hispanics think it's okay. Whatevs. If they say it's just "pride in their Raza" and not code for a hopeful future conquest of the Southwest, they aren't telling the truth. Go to any protest and argue with any one of those folks and they'll say "You stole it from us and we?'re gonna take it back" about California, while remaining conspicuously silent about the brutality of Cortes and the Aztec Empire he destroyed, etc., etc.

There is so little historical context ever provided in any of these protests or discussions that it always devolves down to race and racism as the deciding factors among the SJW crowds. In truth, the arguments are so hypocritical and circular that that the entire "intersectionality" theory will always wind up in a circular firing squad, but try to tell that to a pissed off 3rd generation Mexican immigrant women at a Berkley protest without getting smashed over the head by a bike-lock. Not gonna happen.

Calling them invaders is justified. Their intention is to 'take back California and the Southwest' because they believe they have an inherent right to the land. I say go ahead and give it to them. California has become a rogue state that no longer adheres to the Constitution or the rule of law. Allow Mexico to annex southern California for a very steep price, then militarize the border and shut down immigration.

As for your last paragraph, which I didn't include in the quote, sorry, but I'm against more Mexicans coming to the US and becoming citizens for reasons already outlined in this thread.
  • Options

GDS said:

Reagan

Calling them invaders is justified. Their intention is to 'take back California and the Southwest' because they believe they have an inherent right to the land. I say go ahead and give it to them. California has become a rogue state that no longer adheres to the Constitution or the rule of law. Allow Mexico to annex southern California for a very steep price, then militarize the border and shut down immigration.

As for your last paragraph, which I didn't include in the quote, sorry, but I'm against more Mexicans coming to the US and becoming citizens for reasons already outlined in this thread.

And I think that's the part that you're going way over the cliff on. There's nothing wrong with Mexicans or any other people south of the border applying for an entering the country legally. They can become as "American" as you or I. To state otherwise suggests those folks are inherently inferior to you or I and CC is right to call that blatant racism.
  • Options

GDS said:

Reagan

And I think that's the part that you're going way over the cliff on. There's nothing wrong with Mexicans or any other people south of the border applying for an entering the country legally. They can become as "American" as you or I. To state otherwise suggests those folks are inherently inferior to you or I and CC is right to call that blatant racism.
    My position on immigration hasn't changed. I don't discriminate between Mexican and Chinese, German or Bulgarian. I want to shut it down completely. No immigration, none, except for the best and brightest scientists, etc. Particularly the immigration coming from the Southern Border, because that's where the problem is currently. The Irish and the Italians aren't the problem anymore. They were in the past, not now, it's the Mexicans and other migrants coming from Latin America that are overloading and abusing the system. Turn them back, deport them. Arrest and prosecute sanctuary state governors like Gavin Newsom and sanctuary city mayors and other officials. Arrest and prosecute business leaders that employ illegal aliens.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,230
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

GDS said:

Reagan

Annex Mexico as a territory and toss the corrupt bandito government out. Bring the soldiers home from the never ending wars and turn them loose on the cartels.

Loads of problems solved.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Real Racism is gross and stupid. But those who play in Identity politics engage in it every day. I'm no fan of OBK on a wide variety of topics and some shit he says or how he frames it is racist and offensive. But let's be honest, gents, there's a fuckload of double-standards revolving all around the term, the practice and the often times the questionable harms. If we judge solely or predominantly by immutable characteristics, then we're all dicks for doing it, and engaging in the same level of harm. Because race holds such a special place in the U.S., and probably will for another 500 years, we attack people who talk about it, as a taboo, way too often. We'd perhaps be better served by asking why, or what do you mean, once in awhile and by judging people more on their behavior versus their thoughts or words. Just my .02.

I understand what you're saying and appreciate the effort. No sarcasm there.

Here's a perfect analog to what OBK is saying about Hispanics immigrating into the US:

Hey, we don't need any more black people moving into this neighborhood. They come from the ghetto and bring their shit culture with them. They don't speak clear English, they're all on welfare and in gangs like the bloods and the crips.

This neighborhood was intended to be white-centric and was never intended to be black majority.

I don't want this neighborhood to be black majority.

Now, if any one of us said that, I think we'd pretty clearly say he was racist.

This is precisely what he's saying.

I have a sense of humor. I play that game all the time, and I poke fun at myself and my friends here when doing it. But people know I'm fucking around ... they know that when I and others give @Swaye shit about the rez that we don't actually have a problem with Natives.

OBK is either serious or is the greatest whoosher in the history of HCH.
    Consider a backdrop, if you will, of ridiculous claims of cultural appropriation where a white guy gets accosted and detained for having dreadlocks, white girls get hoop earrings yanked out of their ears by hispanic and black girls on college campuses, and assimilation has become a bad, offensive word and idea in many places, and deemed a "white man's term" that denies the cultural significance of immigrants, minorities, and oppresses those groups by forcing them to give up their cultural practices, history, and of course, their "lived experiences" and, my personal favorite, "their truth."

That's the horseshit SJW world we live in that promotes anti-American cultural values, insults and condemns the generations upon whose shoulders we all stand, denies the incredible privilege of any kid, of any color or ethnicity, born in the USA compared to many far-less-desirable places on Earth, and gives the middle finger to much of American culture, which is its own thing that has made a country and culture that people kill themselves to get into, from all over the world. I don't have a problem with defending those good things and agree that overwhelming immigration numbers can completely change a city, town or area for the worse when people do not have time to adjust, assimilate, and find their way into American culture. With no other options available, because of the scale of the problem, people will revert to their group practices, which often includes a culture of corruption and crime they bring with them from their home countries to fill the vacuum created by too much immigration, too damn'd fast.

Those problems are real, and I don't consider it racism to point them out. If that makes me a flaming fucking racist, then so be it.
    That's all reasonable. The backdrop you describe is a domestic issue, of course, but it provides, as you say, critical context for attitudes. I agree. I think we're on the same side of the debate on a lot of these domestic cultural issues. I'm really not that liberal.

Where I take issue is the immigration rhetoric. When he's not hanging paper, a guy like Bannon articulates the populist view on immigration nicely. Coulter, on the other hand, does what OBK does. She takes the worst behavior from a number of a particular type of immigrant and engages in harmful rhetoric, IMO. I've listened to some interviews where she's making the right points and I'm in agreement, and then BOOM! She goes for the jugular. Poor, illiterate, violent, gangs, littering, disease, etc. etc.

If I were arguing in favor of open boarders, I could see someone making the point that allowing in any meaningful number of that cohort is a problem. But I don't argue for open boarders. I'm on record that our leaky borders aren't a crisis-level problem to the degree it's been portrayed (Christ even Bannon has acknowledged Miller and Trump can be a little melodramatic on that point), but also in support of regulated immigration. Which means you get to pick and choose and know who's coming in.

OBK and Coulter don't want the vetted ones in either. He's explained why pretty clearly. Happy to have the jobs discussion; not happy to have the culture discussion.
  • Options

GDS said:

Reagan

Reagan is not an 18th century figure. HTH
  • Options

GDS said:

Reagan

And that's the BOOM! with OBK. I think we're good now.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Real Racism is gross and stupid. But those who play in Identity politics engage in it every day. I'm no fan of OBK on a wide variety of topics and some shit he says or how he frames it is racist and offensive. But let's be honest, gents, there's a fuckload of double-standards revolving all around the term, the practice and the often times the questionable harms. If we judge solely or predominantly by immutable characteristics, then we're all dicks for doing it, and engaging in the same level of harm. Because race holds such a special place in the U.S., and probably will for another 500 years, we attack people who talk about it, as a taboo, way too often. We'd perhaps be better served by asking why, or what do you mean, once in awhile and by judging people more on their behavior versus their thoughts or words. Just my .02.

Here's a perfect analog to what OBK is saying about Hispanics immigrating into the US:

Hey, we don't need any more black people moving into this neighborhood. They come from the ghetto and bring their shit culture with them. They don't speak clear English, they're all on welfare and in gangs like the bloods and the crips.

This neighborhood was intended to be white-centric and was never intended to be black majority.

I have a sense of humor. I play that game all the time, and I poke fun at myself and my friends here when doing it. But people know I'm fucking around ... they know that when I and others give @Swaye shit about the rez that we don't actually have a problem with Natives.

Consider a backdrop, if you will, of ridiculous claims of cultural appropriation where a white guy gets accosted and detained for having dreadlocks, white girls get hoop earrings yanked out of their ears by hispanic and black girls on college campuses, and assimilation has become a bad, offensive word and idea in many places, and deemed a "white man's term" that denies the cultural significance of immigrants, minorities, and oppresses those groups by forcing them to give up their cultural practices, history, and of course, their "lived experiences" and, my personal favorite, "their truth."

That's the horseshit SJW world we live in that promotes anti-American cultural values, insults and condemns the generations upon whose shoulders we all stand, denies the incredible privilege of any kid, of any color or ethnicity, born in the USA compared to many far-less-desirable places on Earth, and gives the middle finger to much of American culture, which is its own thing that has made a country and culture that people kill themselves to get into, from all over the world. I don't have a problem with defending those good things and agree that overwhelming immigration numbers can completely change a city, town or area for the worse when people do not have time to adjust, assimilate, and find their way into American culture. With no other options available, because of the scale of the problem, people will revert to their group practices, which often includes a culture of corruption and crime they bring with them from their home countries to fill the vacuum created by too much immigration, too damn'd fast.

Those problems are real, and I don't consider it racism to point them out. If that makes me a flaming fucking racist, then so be it.
    That's all reasonable. The backdrop you describe is a domestic issue, of course, but it provides, as you say, critical context for attitudes. I agree. I think we're on the same side of the debate on a lot of these domestic cultural issues. I'm really not that liberal.

Where I take issue is the immigration rhetoric. When he's not hanging paper, a guy like Bannon articulates the populist view on immigration nicely. Coulter, on the other hand, does what OBK does. She takes the worst behavior from a number of a particular type of immigrant and engages in harmful rhetoric, IMO. I've listened to some interviews where she's making the right points and I'm in agreement, and then BOOM! She goes for the jugular. Poor, illiterate, violent, gangs, littering, disease, etc. etc.

If I were arguing in favor of open boarders, I could see someone making the point that allowing in any meaningful number of that cohort is a problem. But I don't argue for open boarders. I'm on record that our leaky borders aren't a crisis-level problem to the degree it's been portrayed (Christ even Bannon has acknowledged Miller and Trump can be a little melodramatic on that point), but also in support of regulated immigration. Which means you get to pick and choose and know who's coming in.

OBK and Coulter don't want the vetted ones in either. He's explained why pretty clearly. Happy to have the jobs discussion; not happy to have the culture discussion.
    Like a typical SJW, you take umbrage at the rhetoric and use your distaste of the truth as an excuse to ignore it, not address it, and deflect from it with false accusations of racism. "Poor, illiterate, violent, gangs, littering, disease, etc. etc." All of this is true, and you can dislike that all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that this is what American citizens get out of the immigration deal. That, and they get their jobs taken by imported foreigners.

As for culture, the citizens of a country founded on European roots and culture have every right to oppose attempts by the Washington establishment to change the fundamental demographics of their society through massive immigration. They have every right to overthrow such a government when it reaches a point that it no longer serves the best interests of the American people, the Constitution allows for this.

You better believe that Russians would rise up and revolt if Moscow started importing Chinese at a rate that Chinese would eventually displace the Russian people as the majority in their own country. Replacing the white man with the yellow man wouldn't go over very well there, nor should it. Just like replacing the yellow man with the white man wouldn't go over well in China.

Replacing Americans with imported Latinos so that democrats can change demographics to get more votes and republicans can get more cheap labor, is not a tolerable situation.

And then there's the socialism/communism that accompanies the cultures south of the border. Imported Latinos are more apt to support those failed systems of government, and bring that shit here. There is a connection to be made here, between race and socialism. Just look at Ocazio-Cortez. She's latino, and she's a flaming communist. This connection, distasteful though it may be to people like you, is important to acknowledge. There's a reason why most countries in Latin America are socialist/communist.
  • Options

Like a typical SJW, you take umbrage at the rhetoric and use your distaste of the truth as an excuse to ignore it, not address it, and deflect from it with false accusations of racism. "Poor, illiterate, violent, gangs, littering, disease, etc. etc." All of this is true, and you can dislike that all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that this is what American citizens get out of the immigration deal. That, and they get their jobs taken by imported foreigners.

As for culture, the citizens of a country founded on European roots and culture have every right to oppose attempts by the Washington establishment to change the fundamental demographics of their society through massive immigration. They have every right to overthrow such a government when it reaches a point that it no longer serves the best interests of the American people, the Constitution allows for this.

You better believe that Russians would rise up and revolt if Moscow started importing Chinese at a rate that Chinese would eventually displace the Russian people as the majority in their own country. Replacing the white man with the yellow man wouldn't go over very well there, nor should it. Just like replacing the yellow man with the white man wouldn't go over well in China.

Replacing Americans with imported Latinos so that democrats can change demographics to get more votes and republicans can get more cheap labor, is not a tolerable situation.

And then there's the socialism/communism that accompanies the cultures south of the border. Imported Latinos are more apt to support those failed systems of government, and bring that shit here. There is a connection to be made here, between race and socialism. Just look at Ocazio-Cortez. She's latino, and she's a flaming communist. This connection, distasteful though it may be to people like you, is important to acknowledge. There's a reason why most countries in Latin America are socialist/communist.
    Tl;dr
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,965
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

China is a white yellow nationalist country with the most people on earth. Both you retards should kill yourselves.

FTFY
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,965
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

GDS said:

Reagan

Annex Mexico as a territory and toss the corrupt bandito government out. Bring the soldiers home from the never ending wars and turn them loose on the cartels.

Disagree. #Tulsi2020

Legalizing drugs and treating the problems like a health concern takes a lot of the teeth out of the cartel wiffout firing a shot.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,230
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    pawz said:

GDS said:

Reagan

Disagree. #Tulsi2020

Legalizing drugs and treating the problems like a health concern takes a lot of the teeth out of the cartel wiffout firing a shot.
    Why not both?

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,091
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Newsflash: All of you fuckers are immigrants to me. So LEAVE!
  • Options
    Swaye said:

OBK is queer. Pay him no mind.

And, I'm sorry about my Spanish inavder ancestors. They were real assholes. I weep for you.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can’t we get back to talking about beyonce’s fat, juicy dumper?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,669
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Swaye said:

OBK is queer. Pay him no mind.

And, I'm sorry about my Spanish inavder ancestors. They were real assholes. I weep for you.
    Spanish were tuff in the day. Now they are bitch fags