Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why won't they testify?

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
If there's nothing to hide, why won't they show up and testify as such?

Russ Vought, the acting director of the OMB, tweeted in October that he and Mike Duffey, another top OMB official, would not comply with congressional requests for depositions. "As the WH letter made clear two weeks ago, OMB officials - myself and Mike Duffey - will not be complying with deposition requests this week. #shamprocess," Vought wrote on Twitter on October 21.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-budget-official-expected-070742322.html

Comments

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why won't Schiff let the Bidens be called as witnesses?
  • Options
    edited November 2019

That's not the question. Not surprised you are all "look over there!!!".
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Try reading article 2, section 4 of the constitution first.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

That's not the question. Not surprised you are all look "look over there!!!".
    It's related to this being a sham. Why cooperate when the other side is clearly trying to influence the outcome? You'd think Hunter and Joe would love to clear their names.

This feels very similar to "Hillary's Emails" The outrage was about how the emails were obtained. ( Process ) When the emails themselves were quite damning. Media never focused on that. This shit isn't hard. It isn't an accident.

My viewpoint is why cooperate when the opposing side is playing dirty.

Look at yesterday. Closed door hearing to "try out" a witness before being interviewed in front of public. No transcript provided. Meanwhile CNN posting all sorts of information about what happened in that closed door session.

You wanna do this? Do it right or you'll get people resisting participating because it is a sham.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

It's related to this being a sham. Why cooperate when the other side is clearly trying to influence the outcome? You'd think Hunter and Joe would love to clear their names.

This feels very similar to "Hillary's Emails" The outrage was about how the emails were obtained. ( Process ) When the emails themselves were quite damning. Media never focused on that. This shit isn't hard. It isn't an accident.

Look at yesterday. Closed door hearing to "try out" a witness before being interviewed in front of public. No transcript provided. Meanwhile CNN posting all sorts of information about what happened in that closed door session.

You wanna do this? Do it right or you'll get people resisting participating because it is a sham.
    You still won't answer the question. If Trump is innocent, why won't his people testify to prove its a sham?

Be careful when you answer. You already said the same about Biden.... Reread what you wrote. And from what I've seen, Schiff hasn't officially denied any witness yet.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Except joe and hunter are not being impeached or need to clear their names. Trump does because he’s being impeached. You’d think he’d want to clear his name. He’s avoiding it all cost, and adding to list of obstructions of justice in the articles of impeachment. The senate trial is getting longer every day due to trump dereliction.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,283
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Executive privilege. It would destroy it forever.

Senate can call the Biden's and many others.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Executive privilege. It would destroy it forever.

Senate can call the Biden's and many others.

Sledog is on board for impeachment and the upcoming senate trial! You think McConnell can get 51 votes to pass rules to call Biden? That would be news to McConnell.
  • Options
    dems are in too deep and afraid to bail out now. I think they should but they won't. It's going to be a huge embarrassment and the Senate will drag this into the election and subpoena most of the important dems up for ejection (election) and it'll be fun! And c great payback
  • Options
    Sledog said:

dems are in too deep and afraid to bail out now. I think they should but they won't. It's going to be a huge embarrassment and the Senate will drag this into the election and subpoena most of the important dems up for ejection (election) and it'll be fun! And c great payback

Care you bet on that? Last time you threw out predictions, you ran and hid when called on it.
  • Options
    There's mine.

I don't hide from anything.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

There's mine.

Care to bet on that?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

There's mine.

Care to bet on that?
    I don't bet with liars that don't show. They rarely pay. HTH
  • Options
    The answer to your question is when it's an unfair, manipulated, process, people choose not to participate. It's simple, really. Same thing would happen if either Biden was called to testify.

I'll come back to this? What's the big fucking deal? Is it because Biden's running for president? In negotiations, there is always going to be some arm twisting. Of course it's about Biden running for president. That's what the dems are latched onto.

So answer me this. So Biden gets a pass on this because he's running for president? I don't think so.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You still won't answer the question. If Trump is innocent, why won't his people testify to prove its a sham?

Be careful when you answer. You already said the same about Biden.... Reread what you wrote. And from what I've seen, Schiff hasn't officially denied any witness yet.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

There's mine.

Care to bet on that?
    I don't bet with liars that don't show. They rarely pay. HTH
    Lol wut? What meeting did I not show to? You are the one who won't meet at ding how.
  • Options

The answer to your question is when it's an unfair, manipulated, process, people choose not to participate. It's simple, really. Same thing would happen if either Biden was called to testify.

I'll come back to this? What's the big fucking deal? Is it because Biden's running for president? In negotiations, there is always going to be some arm twisting. Of course it's about Biden running for president. That's what the dems are latched onto.

So answer me this. So Biden gets a pass on this because he's running for president? I don't think so.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

During the Benghazi hearings, do you remember Hillary testifying? Do you recall Obama saying witnesses couldn't testify?

You keep avoiding the question. Trump is the subject matter here and he's keeping his people from testifying. If he's truly innocent, then they should have no problems answering questions. Republicans get equal time for questioning.

If Biden is guilty, Barr can investigate him all he wishes. Or the Senate can open an investigation. That's a separate matter, go after him all you want. The difference between you and I.... If Biden is guilty I want him gone too.
  • Options
    Academic exercise.

Let's say hypothetically the US knows that Biden is guilty of corruption or Bribary with the Ukraine but the US needs evidence from the Ukrainian government and they're not cooperating. US government is set to provide 100s of millions in aid to the Ukrainian government. How do you get the evidence you need?
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

During the Benghazi hearings, do you remember Hillary testifying? Do you recall Obama saying witnesses couldn't testify?

You keep avoiding the question. Trump is the subject matter here and he's keeping his people from testifying. If he's truly innocent, then they should have no problems answering questions. Republicans get equal time for questioning.

If Biden is guilty, Barr can investigate him all he wishes. Or the Senate can open an investigation. That's a separate matter, go after him all you want. The difference between you and I.... If Biden is guilty I want him gone too.
  • Options

Academic exercise.

Let's say hypothetically the US knows that Biden is guilty of corruption or Bribary with the Ukraine but the US needs evidence from the Ukrainian government and they're not cooperating. US government is set to provide 100s of millions in aid to the Ukrainian government. How do you get the evidence you need?

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Why do you keep ignoring the question? You answer my question first. Then I'll get to your Biden diversion.
  • Options
    Why don't people want to testify? They know that the dems are out to destroy anyone in Trump's orbit. Flynn is a great past example. Life and reputation pretty much ruined. Why gamble that if you don't need to?

Have you ever been served a subpoena and gave a deposition? I have. I was an employee of a business being sued by another business. I did nothing wrong. The suing party had great lawyers. The business I worked for had shitty lawyers. It was not a lot of fun. Imagine doing that on TV. Got served papers on a Thanksgiving with 30 people at my house. This shit generally sucks.
    2001400ex said:

Academic exercise.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Why do you keep ignoring the question? You answer my question first. Then I'll get to your Biden diversion.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Fix was in. Obama.