Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chappelle's "Clayton Bigsby" Is The Greatest Sketch of All Time | Joe Rogan

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,023 Founders Club
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    Honestly not my favorite from the show. It's awesome, and better than pretty much any other comedy sketch I can think of from other shows, but there are a handful of other Chappelle show sketches I like better.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

chuck said:

Honestly not my favorite from the show. It's awesome, and better than pretty much any other comedy sketch I can think of from other shows, but there are a handful of other Chappelle show sketches I like better.

Fuck yo couch nega!
    Prince and Rick James stories with Charlie Murphy are my personal favorites.

Mad Real World.

Racial draft.

Wife swap.

Black Bush.

Player Haters.

World Series of Dice.

Reparations.

R Kelly Piss song.

Wayne Brady.

The Muppet/Sesame Street one.

Clayton Bigsby is one of the greats, but I think he had some better ones.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,067 Founders Club

We should do a pole/tournament on this....

Get on it will, ya, Throbber!!
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,691 Standard Supporter
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,067 Founders Club

We should do a pole/tournament on this....

Get on it will, ya, Throbber!!
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/55732/new-pole-dancing-best-chappelle-show-sketch#latest

Thanks for finding the thread.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,543 Swaye's Wigwam
    Many of Chappelle's sketches are among the best ever, but, man, that's some pretty stiff competition. Just off the top of my head...

From Upright Citizens Brigade...
    Ass Pennies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9aM_dT5VMI
    Little Donny Foundation (basically a Jacob Eason documentary):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOULUkxL8c
    Hot Chicks Room (no YouTube).
    This show was really awesome while it was still running.

I started adding lists for Kids In The Hall and SNL and Almost Live and Mr. Show sketches, but removed them after realizing this is a huge, pointless threadjack. The more I think about it, all of these other shows had way longer runs than Chappelle's. I think what makes Chappelle Show so great isn't that it was chock full of the greatest sketches ever, but that it was so consistently good. Amazing how many total gems were in a show that only ran a few short seasons.

TL;DR: There has been a LOT of awesome sketch comedy on TV over the years, with Chappelle Show being a solid example.

A big reason that the Mustang is regarded as the GOAT muscle car (which is really a pony car) and not the Camaro is because it came out first, even if it's not technically the best car in that segment. The Camaro has actually been the better car a majority of the time both have been built, but it's sale have almost always been less.

The Bigsby sketch, without even getting in to comparing it to Rick James or any others from that show, is the GOAT because it's episode 1, season 1, of the GOAT comedy sketch show. It set the tone for the entire series.

I also happen to be of belief that it is, rather easily, the best sketch from Chappelle's Show. There are very few non-sports tv shows where I can say I remember exactly where I was when I first saw it. The Bigsby sketch will be ingrained in to my mind even after the dementia sets in.

The bleached anus has a solid point.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

A big reason that the Mustang is regarded as the GOAT muscle car (which is really a pony car) and not the Camaro is because it came out first, even if it's not technically the best car in that segment. The Camaro has actually been the better car a majority of the time both have been built, but it's sale have almost always been less.

The Bigsby sketch, without even getting in to comparing it to Rick James or any others from that show, is the GOAT because it's episode 1, season 1, of the GOAT comedy sketch show. It set the tone for the entire series.

I also happen to be of belief that it is, rather easily, the best sketch from Chappelle's Show. There are very few non-sports tv shows where I can say I remember exactly where I was when I first saw it. The Bigsby sketch will be ingrained in to my mind even after the dementia sets in.

Came here to say exactly this.

It's perhaps not the most iconic (Rick James and Lil John probably got more pop culture play) and maybe not even the funniest (Sesame Street STD's was hysterically underrated). But it's the most transcendent because you had no idea what to expect and it made your head explode right along with that bumpkin ass klansmen when he saw Clayton's skin for the first tim.

It will never be topped.
    dnc said:

It's perhaps not the most iconic (Rick James and Lil John probably got more pop culture play) and maybe not even the funniest (Sesame Street STD's was hysterically underrated). But it's the most transcendent because you had no idea what to expect and it made your head explode right along with that bumpkin ass klansmen when he saw Clayton's skin for the first tim.

It will never be topped.
    Man I love that one, if it's what I'm thinking of. Is that where Charlie Murphy is the Oscar the grouch character? "I dont need you honey. I'll beat my dick like it owes me money..." I really, really want to say that to my GF the next time we get in an argument.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

It will never be topped.
    "Why? Why after 23 years of marriage?"
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited November 2019
    chuck said:

dnc said:

It will never be topped.
    Man I love that one, if it's what I'm thinking of. Is that where Charlie Murphy is the Oscar the grouch character? "I dont need you honey. I'll beat my dick like it owes me money..." I really, really want to say that to my GF the next time we get in an argument.
    That's a different one actually I think. I was referring to this one Knee-high Park. Same concept basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAjMXH5JQiY
    edited November 2019
    dnc said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

It will never be topped.
    That's a different one actually I think. I was referring to this one Knee-high Park. Same concept basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAjMXH5JQiY
    Yep, theres a part 2. Not youtube so we'll see if the embed code works...

Nope it didn't. Try this...
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/b4ylib/chappelle-s-show-kneehigh-park-pt--2---uncensored