Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    In all seriousness, the Bears should make a phone call. I'd take Kaepernick over Trubisky at this point. Heck, I'd even try and call Tim Tebow out of retirement than run Trubisky out there each week.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2019

I always dress for success for a job interview for one of only 64 jobs in the world by wearing clothes that show how oppressed I've been and how disruptive my presence in the workplace will be.

#brand

#$$$$$

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i watched the 'workout' on youtube (bye week, what else i have going on? NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING), here are some thoughts:

1) camera guy sucked
    2) i thought it was weird to have the photographer on him at all times. i also thought it was weird to see kaep on his phone while he was warming up.
    3) kaep looks bigger, maybe that's age, maybe its being out of the league, im not sure
    4) his arm looks strong, he's always had a strong arm, accuracy, eh.
    5) it was him throwing to some randoms on a suburban atlanta high school field, he threw some good balls, he threw some meh balls
    6) its the nfl, its pro sports, owners/GMs dont give a shit about character, if you're good enough to play and help a team win, you'll get a job. i dont think he's getting a job.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This whole situation is retarded. Kaep sucks, showing that he can throw a football still in t-shirts and shorts to non defended WR doesn't prove anything. He is an athlete who has stayed in shape though! Cool? That really isn't that difficult when it is your job. The argument that Kaep is better than X starter is ridiculous. I would take him over Trubisky and a couple others probably, but taking him means you will be getting your own personal TV crew around non stop. Plus if you don't start him you will get questioned, if you bench him when he goes 4/14 with 3 INTs, you will get questioned, pretty much unless you start him every game no matter how much he sucks you are getting thrown into the fire. Is all that worth the 29th best starting QB in the NFL, especially if you aren't a playoff team.

The NFL were idiots for setting this up in the first place. Everyone knew all this was going to be was window shopping so the NFL could be like WE GAVE HIM A CHANCE!

The NFL did it to just be done with it and Kap did it for the publicity. He doesn’t really want to play unless it’s on his terms. He would have already been a back up a few years ago if he wanted to. He held out, nobody wanted an average at best QB with all the media attention that comes with it, and now here we are.

Fuck him. He’s a bum.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The guy with a net worth of $20 million is wearing a t-shirt claiming to be a slave. I know more about slavery than his dumbass.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

If also would have played for the minimum 3 years ago he would have a job. Instead he held out for a starting gig when nobody wanted him as a starter.

I hate any talk about him because it’s more than him just getting blackballed because of his protests.

In his next-to-last season at San Fran, before all the kneeling protests, I saw him several times and thought "God, he sucks." He was a fast runner, but terrible accuracy and bad decisions. When I read a piece about how he would go through the locker room with headsets on and not talk to teammates, I thought "I wouldn't want him on my team."

I really believed that the Legion of Boom got into his head, and that he was never the same after "The Tip" in the NFC Championship Game.

Then when he was Time's Man of the Year and all the rest for his protests, accusing the NFL of racism, I was like "Does anybody in their right mind really think NFL teams aren't going to sign someone they think can help them win?"

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons are receiving a secret bonus $$ for this, and that the NFL said to Kaep, "If we get you a workout with a team will you stop protesting or whatever?"