Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon Lottery Sports betting app started last night

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
I just signed up today. Pretty sweet app. Did any of you?

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Put a dime on the ducks for me
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Do you have to live in Oregon?
  • Options

Do you have to live in Oregon?

I think so.
  • Options

Put a dime on the ducks for me

I'm waiting for them to verify my identity, so I can put some coin down for tonight's game. Broncos and the under
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Same people that did Obamacare site a few years ago?
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

Same people that did Obamacare site a few years ago?

Cantor gaming is different than the cgi budget ass consulting firm
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    It took two days, but I finally got in. Missed the Thursday night game, but I would have only gone 3-2 anyway so nothing lost.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It's horrendous. I think they are running about a 50% success rate in people being able to sign up. All kinds of glitches. Thousands of dollars down the drain but this is expected from Oregon government.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    whuggy said:

It's horrendous. I think they are running about a 50% success rate in people being able to sign up. All kinds of glitches. Thousands of dollars down the drain but this is expected from Oregon government.

Shocking

The 49th state in the country for education can’t figure out godaddy.com
  • Options
    whuggy said:

Why massive projects don’t do pilot rollouts to select groups to iron out these issues before go live will always baffle me
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2019
    Let’s see. Long ago, like in the ‘90’s, the State of Oregon put up almost $200 mill on a new software system for DMV that was never implemented.

A few years back they paid Oracle around $300 million for Cover Oregon, which was supposed to be the state exchange website to sign up for Obamacare. They actually tried to get this up and running, but it fell on its face and was scrapped.

Turned out you could just sign up on the federal site all along and it was really never needed.

The poont is that besides all of that fuckery, the State of Oregon has also had massive data breaches in the last few months.

I’m gonna go ahead and give it until next year until I trust the State of Oregon with custody of one of my bank accounts. It sucks but it’s the only sane move as far as I’m concerned.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

whuggy said:

Why massive projects don’t do pilot rollouts to select groups to iron out these issues before go live will always baffle me
    They said they did. If so it was a very small group. I finally got signed up but it was embarrassingly bad. Kate Brown can just go away, the sooner the better.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Let’s see. Long ago, like in the ‘90’s, the State of Oregon put up almost $200 mill on a new software system for DMV that was never implemented.

A few years back they paid Oracle around $300 million for Cover Oregon, which was supposed to be the state exchange website to sign up for Obamacare. They actually tried to get this up and running, but it fell on its face and was scrapped.

Turned out you could just sign up on the federal site all along and it was really never needed.

The poont is that besides all of that fuckery, the State of Oregon has also had massive data breaches in the last few months.

I’m gonna go ahead and give it until next year until I trust the State of Oregon with custody of one of my bank accounts. It sucks but it’s the only sane move as far as I’m concerned.

I'm going credit card. No way I give them access to my bank. At least my credit card will flag out of lane transactions.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,913
    Founders Club
    instead of managing their money better the state resorts to this?
  • Options

Resorts? Everyone is legalizing sports gambling. As they should. Keep the money in the states instead of going to the Caribbean via shady online books.
  • Options

They did it to try to put a dent in the public employee pension liability.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

If weed didn’t help, this certainly won’t
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,913
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Resorts? Everyone is legalizing sports gambling. As they should. Keep the money in the states instead of going to the Caribbean via shady online books.
    there's always a price to pay for any vice
  • Options

salemcoog said:

If weed didn’t help, this certainly won’t
    The fraud in that is that it was supposed to go the schools.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    salemcoog said:

State of Washington tech > State of Oregon tech

Put that on the list of >'s for next year when those fuckheads need to be reminded which is the more superior State in this fine Union.

Pump my gas, ducks.