Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

To all the players reading HH

2»

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Houhusky said:

jecornel said:

Gwad said:

I can't imagine they read this shit. Than again they are kids.

Oh they read.
    I would fight back with ones here that mocked Kim about players and their families reading the boards. I know for a fact that at least some do. People read what is said about them online.
    The mocking wasn't ever because players and their parents didn't read the boards... I assumed everyone knew that it always trickled back to the players.... fuck, there were players that listened to an occasional Race and Idawg podcast and knew about HHB v1.0 back in the day.

It has been used mockingly because "clean it up guys, parents read the boards" was always an excuse for subjective censorship.

The idea of censoring what random brain-dead fucktards say on HHB/HHC because some dumbfuck kid or his uptight parents on the verge of divorce might get upset is fucking stupid.

If someone is upset about what some syphilitic moron says on their own little degenerate corner of the internet just LEAVE and ignore it like a normal person instead of being a flaming totalitarian faggot.
    You triggered bro? Wow. Enjoy your Sunday..lol
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Swaye said:

Look at all those moron adults nodding like anyone cares what some assburgers lazy eye kid thinks about climate change. Embarrassing.
    It's just the Dubstep in the background
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

If they read maybe I should dial down the quook trash talking, don't want to inspire them to play their best ball this weekend.

I didn't read your comment, I'm just giving all duck posts a fuck off this week
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

If they read maybe I should dial down the quook trash talking, don't want to inspire them to play their best ball this weekend.

I didn't read your comment, I'm just giving all duck posts a fuck off this week
    Returning the favor
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

jecornel said:

Gwad said:

Oh they read.
    I would fight back with ones here that mocked Kim about players and their families reading the boards. I know for a fact that at least some do. People read what is said about them online.
    I communicated with at least 1 parent of a former player who read and enjoyed HH.
    Enough time has passed that I will say that Greg Gaines' dad donated $25 to the site after last season.
    Way to steal the thunder for my story. I guess it's better than ending up in the gulag.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club
    edited October 2019

jecornel said:

Gwad said:

Oh they read.
    I communicated with at least 1 parent of a former player who read and enjoyed HH.
    Enough time has passed that I will say that Greg Gaines' dad donated $25 to the site after last season.
    Way to steal the thunder for my story. I guess it's better than ending up in the gulag.
    I honestly thought you were referring to a different Husky's dad with whom we've both communicated.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club

jecornel said:

Gwad said:

Oh they read.
    If I start sending mods to the gulag, we will know that I have gotten out of control.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

jecornel said:

Gwad said:

Oh they read.
    If I start sending mods to the gulag, we will know that I have gotten out of control.
    He is a merciful dictator.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    Real Stalin sent lots of mods to the gulag or worse, if you really think about it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    PurpleJ said:

Real Stalin sent lots of mods to the gulag or worse, if you really think about it.

Thanks J
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    I think what players and their families need to realize is that it's our job as fans to get emotional about every little imperfection to an excessively hyperbolic degree. If fans stopped doing that, then spectator sports would die. That kind of passion is what drives ticket/merchandise sales and TV ratings.

If you or somebody you love wants to play a big time sport in front of thousands in attendance and on national television with an opportunity to make big money in a professional sports league, then you should be thankful for the fact that fans will say mean things about you or your loved one(s) when things don't go right. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

jecornel said:

Gwad said:

Oh they read.
    wow, respect to the whole family. Kids is baller.

jecornel said:

Gwad said:

Oh they read.
    stalin getting out of control would be on brand imo
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    FirePete said:

jecornel said:

Gwad said:

Oh they read.
    You don't know shit about brand bitch

FirePete said:

jecornel said:

Gwad said:

Oh they read.
    You don't know shit about brand bitch
    ok