Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Credit Where Credit is Due

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,799
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Surviving for 5 months after broken hip is impressive.

That's Ol Yeller time for most old people.

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,300
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Most in Atlanta have come across the President and first lady at one time or another. They love arts and craft shows. They are both very aware of their place in history and they share that by being very accessible to anyone who comes up to them. Their secret service just stands there knowing that they want the interaction. My daughter was much younger and we saw them downtown at a park. We encouraged her to approach them and say hello. She ended up having a conversation with them for 5 minutes. Just good people.

Was on a flight with him and he was introduced over the loud speaker and then took the entire flight to walk back and shake virtually every persons hand and chat with whomever wanted to chat. He is old so he did have a bit of a problem holding the wind in but everyone just ignored it.

Saw them last year at a street fair. Amy was with them along with her husband. Both are kinda odd.

But, as much as I dislike his politics, he is a great ex-President, no doubt.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,799
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Most in Atlanta have come across the President and first lady at one time or another. They love arts and craft shows. They are both very aware of their place in history and they share that by being very accessible to anyone who comes up to them. Their secret service just stands there knowing that they want the interaction. My daughter was much younger and we saw them downtown at a park. We encouraged her to approach them and say hello. She ended up having a conversation with them for 5 minutes. Just good people.

Was on a flight with him and he was introduced over the loud speaker and then took the entire flight to walk back and shake virtually every persons hand and chat with whomever wanted to chat. He is old so he did have a bit of a problem holding the wind in but everyone just ignored it.

Saw them last year at a street fair. Amy was with them along with her husband. Both are kinda odd.

But, as much as I dislike his politics, he is a great ex-President, no doubt.

Jimmy was a relatively shitty president - but insofar as I can tell, he was the last Dem to be against war. My research tells me that the only military action loss of life during his term was the ill-fated attempt to rescue the Iran hostages which resulted in 8 casualties.

Dems love war now. Clinton was the first to figure this out because it distanced the then-well held belief that Dems were pussies. Now they know there is $$$ in the military-industrial complex AND they look TUFF while being the supposed white knight rescuing oppressed people.