Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Parents have started using LSD and ‘magic’ mushrooms because they say it helps them be more present

GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
https://www.insider.com/how-psychedelics-like-mushrooms-lsd-help-parents-relate-to-kids-2019-10

When Nina's baby turned 1 last year, Nina quit her job working as a therapist. She realized she could no longer cope, let alone help her patients get through trying times.

Nina was still battling postpartum depression. When she held her daughter, she wanted to feel at peace the way she had always envisioned. But, instead, she was awash with dark memories of her traumatic childhood and sexual assault.

That's when Nina started microdosing with LSD and mushrooms. It's also when she finally started to feel some relief.

Psychedelics may help people overcome childhood trauma
"I realized how much I was reliving my childhood trauma through my own child," Nina, who asked to use just her first name to protect her family's privacy, told Insider. "It was affecting my mothering skills. I wanted the cycle of trauma to end with me."

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gwad said:

https://www.insider.com/how-psychedelics-like-mushrooms-lsd-help-parents-relate-to-kids-2019-10

When Nina's baby turned 1 last year, Nina quit her job working as a therapist. She realized she could no longer cope, let alone help her patients get through trying times.

Nina was still battling postpartum depression. When she held her daughter, she wanted to feel at peace the way she had always envisioned. But, instead, she was awash with dark memories of her traumatic childhood and sexual assault.

That's when Nina started microdosing with LSD and mushrooms. It's also when she finally started to feel some relief.

"I realized how much I was reliving my childhood trauma through my own child," Nina, who asked to use just her first name to protect her family's privacy, told Insider. "It was affecting my mothering skills. I wanted the cycle of trauma to end with me."

I found macrodosing worked better.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,026
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

Gwad said:

It shows.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,402
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gwad said:

Oh for fucks sake. Take the child and put it in a loving foster home away from that spoiled rotten brat psycho of a mother. I pity the poor child, it doesn't stand a chance in hell of being a decent contributing human being.

Virtually guaranteed she votes democrat.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

Gwad said:

But it’s a DISEASE!!!!
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    Gwad said:

Bookmarked.

Will await the follow-up article after devil baby goes in the microwave.
  • Options

Gwad said:

Oh for fucks sake. Take the child and put it in a loving foster home away from that spoiled rotten brat psycho of a mother. I pity the poor child, it doesn't stand a chance in hell of being a decent contributing human being.

Sounds like someone drank the reefer madness koolaid. Marijuana is making colored folk rape your white woman!!!!
  • Options
    ramenduck said:

Gwad said:

Bookmarked.

Will await the follow-up article after devil baby goes in the microwave.
    Its pretty easy to have a positive psychedelic experience tbh. Tend your mental garden broham.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,723
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Sounds like someone drank the reefer madness koolaid. Marijuana is making colored folk rape your white woman!!!!
    Starts thread on LSD lectures a differing opinion on marijuana

Solid
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    Founders Club

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Solid
    I took the 'lecture' as sarcasm. But what do I know, I didn't take my psilocybin microdose this morning.

On another note, microdosing psilocybin is BY FAR the best antidepressant I've ever taken.

I got off the pharma cocktail 15 years ago because it sucked. And I wasn't actually crazy. (can't wait to hear APAG's thoughts on this)
  • Options

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Solid
    I wish you were critical of posters with equanimity. Maybe you didn't see what BITR posted?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Solid
    I wish you were critical of posters with equanimity. Maybe you didn't see what BITR posted?
    Ironic

Your lack of self awareness amuses me
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Most people are not equipped to handle psychedelics. Especially on a skrong trip. They should just steer clear.
  • Options

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Solid
    Ironic

Disagree.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Solid
    Ironic

Disagree.
    tl,dr
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2019

Gwad said:

Good thing there's such an abundance of those.

Needing hallucinogens to tolerate parenting is fucked.

The system is fucked worser.

I'd take my chances with psycho mom.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Solid
    Same guy who goes ape shit and melts downs when you point out his logical fallacies.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Gwad said:

Good thing there's such an abundance of those.

Needing hallucinogens to tolerate parenting is fucked.

The system is fucked worser.

I'd take my chances with psycho mom.

My solution was the best option. Too late though. Sad!