Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sorry if already posted but here's my slivver of hope.

whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Year 6 Dabo lost to Georgia Tech. Next year they made the title game. The Northwest Clemson narrative is still alive.

Comments

• Options
    I said it was a slivver. Not a ray. A slivver.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have no hope, so I’ll piss on yours. They didn’t have Bush Hamdan and @TheChart
  • Options

I have no memory of Clemson/GT but I'm assuming that fall under the weird CFB shit category. Last night's loss does not fall into that category.

I'm just saying the trajectory is still there. Not confident in the least that Pete makes the playoffs next year but everyone is sucking Dabo off now and it took him 8 years. Pete is definitely on the clock now but upper campus loves him so for all we know he has a verbal lifetime contract.
  • Options
    Postal91 said:

I have no hope, so I’ll piss on yours. They didn’t have Bush Hamdan and @TheChart

This is very true thus the use of the word slivver.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dabo also beat real ranked teams like LSU or Ohio State in the first 6 years and showed elite possibility...

Petes biggest win is...? USC? Stanford? lol

If Pete wont make the changes the offense needs, Fire Pete

Kwat to cheap HC
    Lake to full DC
    Hire real OC

The worst thing that happens is we still suck and lose to Cal and the season is over by week 2
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Houhusky said:

Dabo also beat real ranked teams like LSU or Ohio State in the first 6 years and showed elite possibility...

Petes biggest win is...? USC? Stanford? lol

If Pete wont make the changes the offense needs, Fire Pete

Kwat to cheap HC
    Lake to full DC
    Hire real OC

The worst thing that happens is we still suck and lose to Cal and the season is over by week 2

Not confident he'll ever give up the offense. Biggest weakness though. I'd be interested to know who the up and coming OC's out there.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    If y'all had JD you'd be happier
  • Options
    PellumPridePellumPride Member Posts: 60
    Your season is over, but y'all can hold your heads high knowing that you have a classy group of kids on your roster. They were even laughing and smiling after the game while congratulating the Victors.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2019
    whuggy said:

I have no memory of Clemson/GT but I'm assuming that fall under the weird CFB shit category. Last night's loss does not fall into that category.

I'm just saying the trajectory is still there. Not confident in the least that Pete makes the playoffs next year but everyone is sucking Dabo off now and it took him 8 years. Pete is definitely on the clock now but upper campus loves him so for all we know he has a verbal lifetime contract.
    Pete may or may not be on the trajectory but it’s all hypotheticals. He’s not going anywhere and to be honest I don’t want him to. I do want him to earn that $4 mil and figure shit out.

ATBS, this is the wrong butchering to be looking through entrails for signs of great fortune ahead.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

whuggy said:

Pete may or may not be on the trajectory but it’s all hypotheticals. He’s not going anywhere and to be honest I don’t want him to. I do want him to earn that $4 mil and figure shit out.
    Dude he's still the best coach in the pac. Honestly I'm okay talking shit because you guys are absurd lol
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    Founders Club
    Fuck off and take this bullshit back to doogman where it belongs.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Comparing UW to clemson is some real coug shit
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I hate the fact that Chrissy wont make changes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

Comparing UW to clemson is some real coug shit

That fixation needs to stop, unless it’s the Clemsoning Clemson. That still kinda fits.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited September 2019
    Stick with Pete. As far as UW coaches go, he's the ceiling. Lower your expectations.... permanently. The great coaches will only come to Oregon or USC. History, tradition, winning big bowl games and all of that. The playoffs are out of reach. Might get in once every 15 years, but Pete won't make it past the first round. Shoot for a NY6 win sometime in the future (not this year). Start with a trip to the Alamo Bowl and a win over a respectable Texas team, maybe. If Oregon can't get it done, UW definitely won't.