Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Owen Prentice, 2021 4* OL, Seattle (O'Dea), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2020
    animate said:

animate said:

Well, if he goes to Stanford I hope he's taking his academics seriously because the roid football culture left there a few years ago.

Just sayin.

Roided up enough to push UW's stool into the underside of their collective skull last season, but other than that, yeah.
    That's wasn't because of Stanford's roid culture ..

I'm saying the staff and development and free wheeling roids and "intellectual brutality" of Stanford is gone ... gone with the previous oline coach and strength and conditioning coach.

One left because writing was on wall and it was time to move on and the the other guy left under mysterious circumstances that Stanford left alone and wasn't much in the public eye.

So if a croot is going to Stanford based on football of years past plus an elite edumacation the football is going to disappoint (see fozzy) so the edumacation better be the golden ticket.
    I don’t know, they still did not have an issue manhandling our DL with 6 active lineman last year. Seem that culture still superior to ours
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,054
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020

FireCohen said:

animate said:

animate said:

Well, if he goes to Stanford I hope he's taking his academics seriously because the roid football culture left there a few years ago.

Just sayin.

Roided up enough to push UW's stool into the underside of their collective skull last season, but other than that, yeah.

I'm saying the staff and development and free wheeling roids and "intellectual brutality" of Stanford is gone ... gone with the previous oline coach and strength and conditioning coach.

One left because writing was on wall and it was time to move on and the the other guy left under mysterious circumstances that Stanford left alone and wasn't much in the public eye.

So if a croot is going to Stanford based on football of years past plus an elite edumacation the football is going to disappoint (see fozzy) so the edumacation better be the golden ticket.
    I don’t know, they still did not have an issue manhandling our DL with 6 active lineman last year. Seem that culture still superior to ours
    This is what I'm getting at. The Dwags lost five last year, but no other team just went in dry and had their way like Stanford. I mean, Colorado was surely more embarrassing overall, but the Stanford game was the most brutal beating.
    My buddy and I have had numerous debates about whether the Colorado, Cal, or Furd loss was the worst. They were all uniquely special and to this day I can't definitively take a side.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Colorado for me. Team looked like they didn't give two shits during the game
  • Options
    Founders Club

Best in-state class ever and we're only going to get 1 out of the top 5... special

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

animate said:

animate said:

Just sayin.

And three of them were true freshman iirc.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

animate said:

animate said:

Just sayin.

This is what I'm getting at. The Dwags lost five last year, but no other team just went in dry and had their way like Stanford. I mean, Colorado was surely more embarrassing overall, but the Stanford game was the most brutal beating.
    My buddy and I have had numerous debates about whether the Colorado, Cal, or Furd loss was the worst. They were all uniquely special and to this day I can't definitively take a side.
    I don’t remember anything after Cal. We lost to Colorado? Really?
    But there was lightning!
  • Options
    justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

animate said:

animate said:

Just sayin.

I don’t remember anything after Cal. We lost to Colorado? Really?
    Haha, honest to god I can’t remember the Colorado game either.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

animate said:

animate said:

Just sayin.

I don't remember it being that brutal, but once again we couldn't stop the run in the second half, and couldn't run it ourselves much and our passing game was ass. We did so much better with seemingly a worse offense in 2018 when you consider Gaskin being hurt or underutilized for a 4-5 game stretch and Browning being unable to even throw a quick 3rd down slant.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I trust in Huff. There’s no reason to leave ..especially for California fan bases or the lack thereof
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020

I trust in Huff. There’s no reason to leave ..especially for California fan bases or the lack thereof

He wouldn't be going to Stanford for football reasons.
  • Options
    justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think that’s why they’ve fallen off recently. Harbaugh could figure it and recruit the right types but right now as talented as they may be with a handful of 4/5 stars, they are there to play school. Which isn’t a bad thing in life at all, but I think football is 2nd priority for most guys which makes it extremely hard to win football games. You still take school seriously and get good grades but if you wanna win big at this level football has to be first IMHO.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I think that’s why they’ve fallen off recently. Harbaugh could figure it and recruit the right types but right now as talented as they may be with a handful of 4/5 stars, they are there to play school. Which isn’t a bad thing in life at all, but I think football is 2nd priority for most guys which makes it extremely hard to win football games. You still take school seriously and get good grades but if you wanna win big at this level football has to be first IMHO.
    When my sister was on the track team there, Buddy Teevens came around trying to recruit throwers onto the football team. Stanford just isn't a football school, except when it rarely is.