Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ruth vs Oregon fans: ongoing twitter fight ongoing...

2»

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

So if LaMike never got a piece of the $25k payoff to Willie Lyles, LaMike should at least be grateful that Willie facilitated his transfer to Arkansas so that he could get a high school diploma and be eligible to play for the Zeroes.

It’s not the point. She pulled the tweet because it was stupid. She butchered it. Everyone was making payments to Lyle and Big Balls Chip upped the ante. Lyles was helping all kinds of recruits and taking money from a lot of schools. Also, the payment came after LaMike’s cycle.
    Oh great. The everyone was doing it argument so that makes it ok. Except everyone wasn't doing it. Oregon cheated and got caught. End of.
    That’s a strawman. I am not saying Oregon didn’t cheat. She implicated the wrong RB. The thread is about her putting her foot in her mouth. She puked the tweet because it was impulsive.

I am not defending the payment. I am saying LaMike was a high schooler that got advice before Oregon’s payment.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

So if LaMike never got a piece of the $25k payoff to Willie Lyles, LaMike should at least be grateful that Willie facilitated his transfer to Arkansas so that he could get a high school diploma and be eligible to play for the Zeroes.

It’s not the point. She pulled the tweet because it was stupid. She butchered it. Everyone was making payments to Lyle and Big Balls Chip upped the ante. Lyles was helping all kinds of recruits and taking money from a lot of schools. Also, the payment came after LaMike’s cycle.
    Oh great. The everyone was doing it argument so that makes it ok. Except everyone wasn't doing it. Oregon cheated and got caught. End of.
    That’s a strawman. I am not saying Oregon didn’t cheat. She implicated the wrong RB. The thread is about her putting her foot in her mouth. She puked the tweet because it was impulsive.

I am not defending the payment. I am saying LaMike was a high schooler that got advice before Oregon’s payment.
    whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

Would it make you feel better for Ruth to correct it to"Oregon paid $25,000 for Lache Seastrunk"? Seems to me no benefit to you to keep bringing up a sordid past. Whatever.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

Would it make you feel better for Ruth to correct it to"Oregon paid $25,000 for Lache Seastrunk"? Seems to me no benefit to you to keep bringing up a sordid past. Whatever.
    Sordid past lol. It’s 2019. No one gaf bout paying players under the table. If anything, I judge teams that don’t pay.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    ntxduck said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

Sordid past lol. It’s 2019. No one gaf bout paying players under the table. If anything, I judge teams that don’t pay.
    So you're judging UW? Boy that's gonna stick in your craw if we ever win one clean while you lose in the gutter. You do have the sleazy southern boy in Mario. He's seen how it's done.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

ntxduck said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

whuggy said:

lawsandl said:

So you're judging UW? Boy that's gonna stick in your craw if we ever win one clean while you lose in the gutter. You do have the sleazy southern boy in Mario. He's seen how it's done.
    Pete is a great coach but lol at being delusional enough to think he'll ever beat Clemson/Bama/UGA for a title. You sound like the quooks chanting "We Want Bama" during the chip era.
  • Options
    Also, pay for play is overhyped as far as the impact you see on the field. Mississippi State is one of the dirtiest programs there is and can't get shit done. A much bigger issue that gives the SEC schools an advantage over everyone else is oversigning and medically retiring/forcing out kids who haven't developed their first couple of years. Pac12 will never beat the SEC as long as we're signing 23-25 a class while some SEC schools sign 30+.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    How much of a prima donna POS do you have to be to care why an opposing message board owner blocked you from their twitter account

Get a fing life
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

How much of a prima donna POS do you have to be to care why an opposing message board owner blocked you from their twitter account

Get a fing life

I like this “old man yells at sky” poast. Btw, who does care?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Lots of higher level discussions in this thread!