Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peckless Tuitele

lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-huskies-defensive-tackle-faatui-tuitele-remains-undaunted-despite-the-dent-in-his-chest/?amp=1

I can’t see how this is a feel good story. Kid rips his peck off and now has a dent in his peck to play his senior year of high school. Yikes. He is a walking injury waiting to happen. I like the kids heart but not his decision making.

Hopefully Bandes pans out for you doogs.

Comments

• Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-huskies-defensive-tackle-faatui-tuitele-remains-undaunted-despite-the-dent-in-his-chest/?amp=1

I can’t see how this is a feel good story. Kid rips his peck off and now has a dent in his peck to play his senior year of high school. Yikes. He is a walking injury waiting to happen. I like the kids heart but not his decision making.

Hopefully Bandes pans out for you doogs.

This statement is going up on Justin's bulletin board, Sir. I'd watch your back side if I was you...
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    This will be a nice thread to bump when Tuitele is All-Conference. I'm sure you'd rather have Keyon Ware-Hudson over him lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

This will be a nice thread to bump when Tuitele is All-Conference. I'm sure you'd rather have Keyon Ware-Hudson over him lol.

Seems like he severely limited his odds. As a human being, I hope he didn’t.
  • Options

Get aids you fuck

I already contracted it here.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

If he wasn't capable of healing and playing at a high level he wouldn't be at UW.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

If he wasn't capable of healing and playing at a high level he wouldn't be at UW.
    The dude has torn three ligaments, separated his shoulder and is missing his left peck. It’s possible he could work out but his muscle completely atrophied by not being attached. He basically did something unprecedented too. So, no one can confidently assume he works out. Bottom line it’s worth the risk because you can medically retire him if he never fully rehabs.

Kid might be able to throw around kids in high-school based on shear size and athleticism or just a right peck. However, his upper body strength will be limited. Most kids will enter college and get a lot stronger. He won’t.

Honesty I was shocked how little Oregon recruited him and how pedestrian he looked in the Poly Bowl. At the end of the day, I was always much more enamored with Bandes with his size and agility combo anyway.

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The way I read it he is not missing a pec- it just reattached in a different place causing a hole.
  • Options

The way I read it he is not missing a pec- it just reattached in a different place causing a hole.

What attached is scarred and it’s not where it’s supposed to be. The article states the doctors said he’s lose strength. The questions are how much and can it still be reattached.

I am not going to gloat about someone’s misery. The kid has been through a lot and I hope he reaches his potential.

There’s a lot of irony that a lot of Oregon’s highly rated kids are overrated. Between Tuli L and this kid, there is a lot of risk they will never max out.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

The dude has torn three ligaments, separated his shoulder and is missing his left peck. It’s possible he could work out but his muscle completely atrophied by not being attached. He basically did something unprecedented too. So, no one can confidently assume he works out. Bottom line it’s worth the risk because you can medically retire him if he never fully rehabs.

Kid might be able to throw around kids in high-school based on shear size and athleticism or just a right peck. However, his upper body strength will be limited. Most kids will enter college and get a lot stronger. He won’t.

Honesty I was shocked how little Oregon recruited him and how pedestrian he looked in the Poly Bowl. At the end of the day, I was always much more enamored with Bandes with his size and agility combo anyway.

If he needs surgery he can get surgery. If he doesn't, he won't. Attaching a tendon to a bone is simple and easy. Perhaps his family didn't have health insurance because he's from the gutter. I don't know. He also played in the All American game and played well. There was no motivation for him in the Poly bowl. He was just trying to get through it injury free. Already proved himself against better talent at the All American bowl. He's probably tougher than anybody on Oregon's roster playing through the shit he's played through. He's not the first football player to tear his pec. Others have done so and had NFL careers after that.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

If he needs surgery he can get surgery. If he doesn't, he won't. Attaching a tendon to a bone is simple and easy. Perhaps his family didn't have health insurance because he's from the gutter. I don't know. He also played in the All American game and played well. He's probably tougher than anybody on Oregon's roster playing through the shit he's played through. He's not the first football player to tear his pec. Others have done so and had NFL careers after that.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

What attached is scarred and it’s not where it’s supposed to be. The article states the doctors said he’s lose strength. The questions are how much and can it still be reattached.

I am not going to gloat about someone’s misery. The kid has been through a lot and I hope he reaches his potential.

There’s a lot of irony that a lot of Oregon’s highly rated kids are overrated. Between Tuli L and this kid, there is a lot of risk they will never max out.

There's nothing to gloat about. He's fine. He can rag doll college lineman too. UW will get him right and he will continue to get stronger in the weight room. He's a warrior. What's wrong with Tuli? He had a knee injury in high school that didn't require surgery. That's nothing. Greg Gaines had the same while he was at UW, didn't matter. Oregon players have injuries that they play through that you don't know about either. It's fucking football. Guys who can't play through some injuries don't play.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

So he is not missing his pec muscle. That was my only point.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

So he is not missing his pec muscle. That was my only point.
    The pec muscle is gone and went to other areas of his body. He has a crater where the pec was. I am not sure how it’s not missing. The efficacy of surgery declines over time.