Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

why can't UW just be like Clemson or Bama?!

Christ. I hate this board.

Maybe because UW hasnt won a fucking nationally relevant game since 2000?

Let's win a single NY6 game before we start talking about catching these 2 programs.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    True but Clemson wasn't even Clemson 5 years ago.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    haie said:

True but Clemson wasn't even Clemson 5 years ago.

They had won an NY6 at least
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Let's win a single NY6 game before we start talking about catching these 2 programs.

doogs love hypotheticals
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This is proof that HH is dead.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Says the guy who was never even a part of Husky Halfbrains.

El oh el.
  • Options

El oh el.
    This is literally exactly a dawgman post.

Doogs gonna doog. Doogs are just dumb low expectation having people. They think having high standards is too painful, so they just try to lower expectations to be reasonable. They are beta cucks.

So yeah.

I love that your rationale for why we can't be Clemson is because we haven't won a NY6 game, even though we've been in 3 of them in the last 3 years. lol

Dawgman 2.0 now. I get it. You trust the coaches and it's unreasonable to think we can do well.

Congratulations. This is literally a dawgman narrative.

Good job.
  • Options
    Founders Club

El oh el.

Doogs gonna doog. Doogs are just dumb low expectation having people. They think having high standards is too painful, so they just try to lower expectations to be reasonable. They are beta cucks.

So yeah.

I love that your rationale for why we can't be Clemson is because we haven't won a NY6 game, even though we've been in 3 of them in the last 3 years. lol

Dawgman 2.0 now. I get it. You trust the coaches and it's unreasonable to think we can do well.

Good job.
    Imagine being this dumb
  • Options

El oh el.

So yeah.

Good job.
    Imagine being this dumb
    Luckily I don't have to.
  • Options
    Founders Club

El oh el.

So yeah.

Good job.
    Imagine being this dumb
    Luckily I don't have to.
    Seriously though DDY. Do you think a national title within 10 years is a reasonable and realistic expectation?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

El oh el.

So yeah.

Good job.
    Imagine being this dumb
    Luckily I don't have to.
    Seriously though DDY. Do you think a national title within 10 years is a reasonable and realistic expectation?
    Yes. I will say 5 years. Saban won't be around forever. Urban is gone. I see Riley leaving Oklahoma soon. (They don't scare me anyways). Harbaugh, Herman? We have a shot in that time.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

"Let's win an NY6 game without adressing any of the problems that are preventing us from doing that."

You are so completely oblivious to how stupid you sound. You seriously can't fathom that we want the same thing and the only difference is that we're willing to look at what it's going to actually take.
  • Options
    Founders Club

"Let's win an NY6 game without adressing any of the problems that are preventing us from doing that."

You are so completely oblivious to how stupid you sound. You seriously can't fathom that we want the same thing and the only difference is that we're willing to look at what it's going to actually take.
    Difference is my takes are realistic
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

El oh el.

So yeah.

Good job.
    Imagine being this dumb
    Luckily I don't have to.
    Why are you starting shit with DDY? It's like going onto r/TheDonald and saying abortion is great! Sometimes I do think HH is an alt-right secret lair, to be honest. DDY loves saying beta cuck, and only angry white men say that. These people have established a fake reality based on personal shame and misinformation about masculinity. Food for thought.

We just had our two best recruiting classes ever. They haven't seen the field (or barely have). Let's start there. Do you realize that our best chance to level up soon is already signed and been practicing with the team for 1-2 years? You fucktards are handwringing over our 2020 class in fucking May because it has Caucasians so far, like they're somehow inferior. Think about the ridiculousness of that. Your answer to everything is pander to certain elite recruits, GET MORE BLACKS, and have better Twitter marketing. I can get behind an increase/adjustment in marketing, but that's about it. Pete ain't gonna pander to recruits, he's not going to target recruits based on skin color, he's not going to give out bags, and he's going to find who he thinks fits his system, not the stars behind their name. That puts us behind the 8-ball right there if you're focused on star ranking, but it's made up for in other ways, AKA elite development. By the way, write a letter because it will do more good than bitching about it on this dark corner of the internet. AND I REPEAT, IT'S MAY. Think about it, a whole season will have been played before the 2020 class even signs. A lot can change. Regardless, the 2020 class, with the exception of Smalls, maybe, won't even be seeing the field for 2-3 more seasons! I don't know about you, but I'm ready to level up right the fuck now with Jacob Eason, improved WR play, an elite offensive line, Salvon Ahmed, a lights-out defense, improved special teams play (it can't be worse), and the 2018/2019 classes. If you build it, they will cum. LIPO is the word of the day, week, month, year, millennium. Despite Pete's aversion to caring about star rankings, we STILL just signed top 10 classes on 247 rankings if you take out special teams players. Like what the fuck else do you want? Think about that talent combined with our development. Development is our #1 asset, but it takes time. Just calm the fuck down.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

There are two ways a west coast team can win it all.

1) Recruit Nationally. Pete and company need to improve in this area.

2) Hope for an usually strong recruiting group out west for 3-4 consecutive years. (With football fading out west, this seems like a futile wish)

Even if the latter does happen, the west is consistently losing their top kids to the blue bloods as it is.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2) Hope for an usually strong recruiting group out west for 3-4 consecutive years. (With football fading out west, this seems like a futile wish)

Even if the latter does happen, the west is consistently losing their top kids to the blue bloods as it is.
    The west is only losing the top kids that USC and UCLA are failing to sign. Bad news for the conference, but UW and Oregon are doing just fine.

And we don't need to recruit nationally. If it happens, great, but there are more than enough players on the west coast to load up on.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

The west is only losing the top kids that USC and UCLA are failing to sign. Bad news for the conference, but UW and Oregon are doing just fine.

And we don't need to recruit nationally. If it happens, great, but there are more than enough players on the west coast to load up on.
    LOL at our Texas vs Washington State strategy, then.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

Lol indeed, not sure what we're doing there.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    Meek said:

You guys seem to think it's one or the other. You're actually clueless about what's happening behind the scenes in state besides what happened with Smalls (which you're just speculating on, and it may not be over) and random tweets from Tracy Ford or Gee Scott, who has a vendetta. TWEETS from spurned parties with their own interests. Not exactly a source I put a lot of stake in. Besides, Texas is a long-term play. Evaluate that strategy in 5 years.