Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cooper McDonald, 2020 3* LB, Justin (Northwest), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Where was this energy for Taj Davis though?

Everyone was shitting on him but he’s actually good

Taj Davis has some really good film for what I saw ... the film also showed a lot of him running the same routes which makes me question a bit about the development he needs there

A lot of these “3 star” guys that we are getting now to me are guys that have huge ceilings potentially but have some attributes that they need to develop in order to be that high end prospect
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

So im bored and watched the first 3 min of his highlights. If that is a competitive league he is in, he is a good player. The Tevis comparison is a softball one. Tevis was playing 8 man shit in Wyoming, dominating 5A and 6A Texas teams like that is like a highschool to D1 jump.

Not a flashy commit but seems to be a good player. Physical.

Whoa there, Ruth.
    Okay bro. Your joke about me not using the word dominating correctly is really funny, and also made me reconsider my eval. He definitely isnt putting the hit stick on kids, getting sacks, forcing turnovers, getting ints, and housing a shit ton of turnovers. Instead, this is what I see.

Cooper is just a scrappy kid out there trying his hardest. Real lunch pail guy who makes up for his lack of natural ability by living in the weight room and doing compound lifts 3 times a day. He is the kind of kid the high school coach would let fuck his daughter. Kwat and Cooper bonded over their love of duck hunting and a tin of Copenhagen. Probably belongs at Portland State or EWU.

Just admit that you love a real scrappy white kid that plays hard and makes plays at the HS level because he’s playing against a bunch of fat retards.

Fucking doog. He sucks hth.
    You watched his film and think he sucks? Jesus. Ill leave it up to the resident 19 year old from now on!
    Yes, he sucks. Fucking duh. It’s literally a 6 foot roided up kid from the middle of nowhere texas that plays OLB.

That just runs to the QB and goes airborne (2 ft off the ground) on every move. He’ll get eaten alive in college.

JUST FUCKING CLOSE BOHTELO AND HERBIG YOU STUPID FUCK BOB GREGORY.
    You don’t know shit about Texas geography if you think he’s from fucking middle of nowhere Texas
    I couldn’t give a fuck about Texas hth
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Gonna have a belly laugh when McDonald gets drafted in the 4th round and Botelho is an UDFA

I am a doog at heart tho
  • Options

I like this kid but even Scott Eklund said he doesn’t want to go so far away from home and that if it wasn’t for the fact that Oklahoma, TAMU & Texas haven’t been on him, he would’ve never came and visited us in the first place.

If we were out of it for Banks, McDonald would’nt be recruited by Gregory, and I think we’d see more OLB discussion. I know Banks is a long shot, but maybe this means a Bruener offer is coming? I like McDonald’s film and frame but I don’t think he likes us more than a weekend fling he can brag to his friends about.

I’m so confused ...

Like the film but hate that we missed on other targets

What is the % of this film compared to the film of others? 95%+?
  • Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    TacoSoup said:

Emoterman said:

179' and 50' in discus and shotput as a junior is pretty good, especially for his size. I take that as great evidence that he's explosive and agile, probably more athleticism than y'all are describing. I am not excited at all, but the results are back and his shit was purple with gold flecks, figure I may as well try and see what the corches were seeing.

When he was offered, @Neighbor2972, others & I brought up that this felt like a Tracking Football offer due to his throw scores (and despite his 100m time).

I understand the angst RE: Herbig & Korean Kamikaze + Bob G....

In the abstract though, I (think) I prefer the staff filling out the bottom of the class with these types of players.
    Nah. This is doog talk. After you miss on your top guys, you should go the Sark model: wait, start throwing Hail Marys, then close Taylor Hindy when nobody is left.

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,450
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

So im bored and watched the first 3 min of his highlights. If that is a competitive league he is in, he is a good player. The Tevis comparison is a softball one. Tevis was playing 8 man shit in Wyoming, dominating 5A and 6A Texas teams like that is like a highschool to D1 jump.

Whoa there, Ruth.
    Okay bro. Your joke about me not using the word dominating correctly is really funny, and also made me reconsider my eval. He definitely isnt putting the hit stick on kids, getting sacks, forcing turnovers, getting ints, and housing a shit ton of turnovers. Instead, this is what I see.

Cooper is just a scrappy kid out there trying his hardest. Real lunch pail guy who makes up for his lack of natural ability by living in the weight room and doing compound lifts 3 times a day. He is the kind of kid the high school coach would let fuck his daughter. Kwat and Cooper bonded over their love of duck hunting and a tin of Copenhagen. Probably belongs at Portland State or EWU.

Just admit that you love a real scrappy white kid that plays hard and makes plays at the HS level because he’s playing against a bunch of fat retards.

You watched his film and think he sucks? Jesus. Ill leave it up to the resident 19 year old from now on!
    Yes, he sucks. Fucking duh. It’s literally a 6 foot roided up kid from the middle of nowhere texas that plays OLB.

That just runs to the QB and goes airborne (2 ft off the ground) on every move. He’ll get eaten alive in college.

You don’t know shit about Texas geography if you think he’s from fucking middle of nowhere Texas
    Texas geography superiority guy.

But seriously tho.
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    NLdawg said:

TacoSoup said:

Emoterman said:

179' and 50' in discus and shotput as a junior is pretty good, especially for his size. I take that as great evidence that he's explosive and agile, probably more athleticism than y'all are describing. I am not excited at all, but the results are back and his shit was purple with gold flecks, figure I may as well try and see what the corches were seeing.

When he was offered, @Neighbor2972, others & I brought up that this felt like a Tracking Football offer due to his throw scores (and despite his 100m time).

In the abstract though, I (think) I prefer the staff filling out the bottom of the class with these types of players.
    Nah. This is doog talk. After you miss on your top guys, you should go the Sark model: wait, start throwing Hail Marys, then close Taylor Hindy when nobody is left.

You missed the point.

He was one of, if not, the first offers to a non-high major (EDIT linebacker) recruit (before Bruener IIRC).

They offered a month before Herbig committed.

Essentially they saw enough offer. That was my point.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Tequilla said:

Whoa there, Ruth.

But seriously tho.
    Earnestly though, we know regions of Texas produce a (general) type of player.

Coop is a DFW kid. If we go into Texas, this always the region I think we will hit the hardest outside of WR/DB (Which would be Houston EDIT LOL aTm LSU Bama)
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Whoa there, Ruth.

Your the stupidest person I have ever encountered on this app. Your the one that went to a interview of another team. Lmao
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Whoa there, Ruth.

Your the stupidest person I have ever encountered on this app. Your the one that went to a interview of another team. Lmao
    sauce plz
  • Options
    TacoSoup said:

Tequilla said:

Whoa there, Ruth.

But seriously tho.

Coop is a DFW kid. If we go into Texas, this always the region I think we will hit the hardest outside of WR/DB (Which would be Houston EDIT LOL aTm LSU Bama)
    Generally speaking we will always do better in Texas north in DFW and potentially a bit of NE Texas compared to further South.

For whatever reason, TCU hasn’t been able to resonate enough in DFW to steadily close up those next tier guys after the elite level
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Whoa there, Ruth.

sauce plz

tyfys
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

TacoSoup said:

Tequilla said:

Whoa there, Ruth.

But seriously tho.

Generally speaking we will always do better in Texas north in DFW and potentially a bit of NE Texas compared to further South.

For whatever reason, TCU hasn’t been able to resonate enough in DFW to steadily close up those next tier guys after the elite level
    TCU recruiting is a whole other thing. If I was a TCU fan, I’d be bewildered
  • Options
    NLdawg said:

TacoSoup said:

NLdawg said:

TacoSoup said:

Emoterman said:

You missed the point.

He was one of, if not, the first offers to a non-high major (EDIT linebacker) recruit (before Bruener IIRC).

They offered a month before Herbig committed.

Essentially they saw enough offer. That was my point.
    I got your point. And I agree with it completely. My sarcasm was directed at those that act like there was some other direction to go at this point and that Cooper is a sunk scholly. Truth is, even if we? get to the magic 45 blue chip mark, we? still have to fill out the roster with 40 more guys. Cooper definitely looks like the right type to be amongst that 40.

I got trigger happy

TYFYS
  • Options
    TacoSoup said:

Tequilla said:

TacoSoup said:

Tequilla said:

Whoa there, Ruth.

But seriously tho.

TCU recruiting is a whole other thing. If I was a TCU fan, I’d be bewildered
    It’s why as a UW fan I see such an opportunity in DFW

TCU isn’t considered a real option by kids wanting to compete at the elite level. If you aren’t an Oklahoma/Texas kid then who’s recruiting you that you feel like you can compete at high levels? Arkansas? Okie Lite?

TCU will continue to get the 3rd best classes in the Big 12 because they win just enough 2nd tier Texas/Louisiana talent and combine that with talent evaluation and development

TCU is a great reminder that there’s talent all over and there’s a lot of different ways to create high end P5 programs
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes