Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New hero of the left

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

You liberals were always very disrespectful of Barbara, Race.

She always was the best of the bunch.

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    You whooshed here. You haven't always been the morally straight, upstanding and totally sane Trumpanzee you now embody.
    I guess that made sense to you when you wrote it
    But a professor!
    That's called an example that proves my point. You have google same as I do

If you want to keep pretending she wasn't savaged you are welcome to your own personal narrative. This is a safe space
    I'm more interested in your apparent claim you weren't a fucking liberal when the jokes about the President being married to his mother were actually circulating. That's a changed story.
    Bill Clinton isn't a liberal. I was the same democrat then that I was when I voted for Trump.

So the point stands that she was savaged then and a hero now for going after Trump. Thanks for playing. If you can find some tweets from me in 1990 knock yourself out
    Surely Dukakis was a liberal.
    Not by today's definition. Nor would Carter or Mondale be.

I've never denied being a democrat. Some folks here don't believe it so thanks for the back up

Now back to the left praising the woman they once savage. Are you done dodging and weaving?
    I don't need to duck. I've always loved Barbara.

And Dukakis would be a liberal at any time you and I have been alive.
    Not today

People forget that Bill was the guy that changed the sentencing that filled our prisons with corner boys, or super predators as Hillary called them. Not exactly a hero of the left today
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bill and the Donald are word for word on illegal immigration. Bill was actually harsher
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    You whooshed here. You haven't always been the morally straight, upstanding and totally sane Trumpanzee you now embody.
    But a professor!

If you want to keep pretending she wasn't savaged you are welcome to your own personal narrative. This is a safe space
    I'm more interested in your apparent claim you weren't a fucking liberal when the jokes about the President being married to his mother were actually circulating. That's a changed story.
    Bill Clinton isn't a liberal. I was the same democrat then that I was when I voted for Trump.

So the point stands that she was savaged then and a hero now for going after Trump. Thanks for playing. If you can find some tweets from me in 1990 knock yourself out

I've never denied being a democrat. Some folks here don't believe it so thanks for the back up

Now back to the left praising the woman they once savage. Are you done dodging and weaving?
    Race was a Liberals until liberals started siding with black folk.
    So McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton twice and Gore were racists?

Good to know
    Yes that's exactly what I said.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Race transcends political parties hombre
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    But a professor!

Good to know
    Yes that's exactly what I said.
    Because you're a moron
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,330
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    But a professor!

Good to know
    I'm just glad to finally see a conservative who posts here admit that these constant references to modern day Democrats in connection with Jim Crow or slavery are sort of stupid. I hope your colleagues aren't mad at you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019
    HHusky said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    But a professor!

Good to know
    I'm just glad to finally see a conservative who posts here admit that these constant references to modern day Democrats in connection with Jim Crow or slavery are sort of stupid. I hope your colleagues aren't mad at you.
    I wouldn't give Carter a pass for the Jim Crow days. But by 76 he had seen the light

Bill Clinton's mentor was a segregationist so maybe he was still a racist in 1992. Some folks think so.

Bill accused Obama of playing the race card in 08

I was a liberal a couple of posts ago
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Race transcends political parties hombre

This is true
  • Options

HHusky said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    But a professor!

Good to know
    I wouldn't give Carter a pass for the Jim Crow days. But by 76 he had seen the light

Bill Clinton's mentor was a segregationist so maybe he was still a racist in 1992. Some folks think so.

Race sure hates Southerners.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    But a professor!

Good to know

All this just to dodge the abject hypocrisy of your masters?

You know who else liked to bring people down and then back up just for sport? The Soviets.

Anything for the cause comrade
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    But a professor!

Good to know

All this just to dodge the abject hypocrisy of your masters?

You know who else liked to bring people down and then back up just for sport? The Soviets.

Anything for the cause comrade
    My masters?

I confess, I totally missed a memo somewhere.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I remember when people asked why Bush 1 married his mother but that was when the Bushes were an enemy of the state

Just another reason why Jeb was the first one to go down in flames in 2016
    Fuck the Bush's. They have caused more damage to the conservative movement than any political family in the history of our country. They hated Reagan and tried to take him down. I've been saying it since they took us into the first war with Iraq and those closest to me couldn't understand why I would attack a "republican". I stopped being a Republican while those two fuctards ran our country. The Bush's hate true conservatives and what they don't want you to know is that their family money originally came from those profiting from the support of Nazi Germany. They supported world population control through the schemes of those like Margaret Sanger and planned parenthood. HW Bush was Margaret Sanger's first treasurer of Planned Parenthood during their first fundraising efforts as an organization. You see systematically eliminating the "weeds" in our world was just "compassionate conservatism". No, no, no FUCK the BUSH family!!!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,171
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    But a professor!

Not today

People forget that Bill was the guy that changed the sentencing that filled our prisons with corner boys, or super predators as Hillary called them. Not exactly a hero of the left today
    And many in the left hated Bubba's triangulating in the 90's He's was still far left of today's GOP on taxes and the initial run at Hillarycare.

I hated (and still do) his fucking guts for being a degenerate, but loved me those balanced budgets in hindsight. Bubba did have the easiest fiscal situation to deal with of any modern era POTUS- i.e., Cold War peace, dividend, booming economy and boomers not yet getting to retirement. If he would have gotten Bin Laden in 1998 I'd forgive him for the intern BJs.
  • Options
    Bill Clinton is a likeable dude.

Although the Monica thing would have been ten times worse today in the era of metoo.

The president boning his direct subordinate intern
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    But a professor!

Not today

And many in the left hated Bubba's triangulating in the 90's He's was still far left of today's GOP on taxes and the initial run at Hillarycare.

I hated (and still do) his fucking guts for being a degenerate, but loved me those balanced budgets in hindsight. Bubba did have the easiest fiscal situation to deal with of any modern era POTUS- i.e., Cold War peace, dividend, booming economy and boomers not yet getting to retirement. If he would have gotten Bin Laden in 1998 I'd forgive him for the intern BJs.
    He was smart enough to let Hillary go down in flames on the health care and never tried again

He was Trump on illegals. Look up the youtube vids.

He listened to Newt and the two of them worked together.

Bill was never far left of anyone. He even started a wing of the democrats to distance himself from the looming lunatics in the left wing

He is not popular among the AOC crowd. I voted for him twice
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After the landslide electoral defeats to the Democratic Party led by Ronald Reagan in the 1980s, a group of prominent Democrats began to believe their party was out of touch and in need of a radical shift in economic policy and ideas of governance.[6][7] The Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) was founded in 1985 by Al From and a group of like-minded politicians and strategists.[8] They advocated a political "Third Way" as an antidote to the electoral successes of Reaganism.[6][7]

The landslide 1984 Presidential election defeat spurred "centrist" Democrats to action, and the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) was formed. The DLC, an unofficial party organization, played a critical role in moving the Democratic Party's policies to the "center" of the American political spectrum. Prominent Democratic politicians such as: Senators Al Gore and Joe Biden (both future Vice Presidents) participated in DLC affairs prior to their candidacy for the 1988 Democratic Party nomination.[9]

The DLC espoused policies that moved the Democratic Party to the “center.” However, the DLC did not want the Democratic Party to be "simply posturing in the middle." Thusly, the DLC declared their ideas to be “progressive,” and a third way to address the problems of the 1990s. Examples of the DLC's policy initiatives can be found in The New American Choice Resolutions[9][10]

Although the label "New Democrat" was briefly used by a progressive reformist group including Gary Hart and Eugene McCarthy in 1989,[11] the term became more widely associated with the policies of the Democratic Leadership Council, who in 1990 renamed their bi-monthly magazine from The Mainstream Democrat to The New Democrat.[12] When the then-Governor Bill Clinton stepped down as DLC chairman to run for the presidency of the United States at the 1992 presidential election, he presented himself as a "New Democrat."[13]
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Positions
    It is the opinion of the DLC that economic populism is not politically viable, citing the defeated Presidential campaigns of Senator George McGovern in 1972 and Vice-President Walter Mondale in 1984.[citation needed] The DLC states that it "seeks to define and galvanize popular support for a new public philosophy built on progressive ideals, mainstream values, and innovative, non-bureaucratic, market-based solutions."[11]

The DLC has supported welfare reform, such as the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996,[12] President Clinton's expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit,[13] and the creation of AmeriCorps.[14] The DLC supports expanded health insurance via tax credits for the uninsured and opposes plans for single-payer universal health care. The DLC supports universal access to preschool, charter schools, and measures to allow a greater degree of choice in schooling (though not school vouchers), and supports the No Child Left Behind Act. The DLC supports both the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA).

The DLC has both supported and criticized the policies of President George W. Bush. The DLC opposed the partial birth abortion ban, the expiration of the 1994 assault weapon ban, the Clear Skies Initiative, and what they perceived as a lack of funding of the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) program. In 2001 the DLC endorsed the idea of tax cuts for the middle class, but opposed the Bush tax cut since it favored the wealthy and was perceived by the DLC as fiscally irresponsible. The organization supports some forms of Social Security privatization but opposes financing private retirement accounts with large amounts of borrowed money.

In 2006, the DLC also urged Senate Democrats to vote against Bush's nomination of Samuel Alito to the U.S. Supreme Court "on principle", but firmly opposed any filibuster of the nominee.[15]

2003 invasion of Iraq
    The DLC gave strong support for the 2003 invasion of Iraq.[citation needed] Prior to the war, Marshall Wittmann, Sen. Joe Lieberman's press secretary and a senior fellow with Will Marshall's DLC-affiliated Progressive Policy Institute think tank, co-signed a letter to President Bush from the Project for the New American Century endorsing military action against Saddam Hussein. During the 2004 Primary campaign, Wittmann attacked Presidential candidate Howard Dean as an out-of-touch liberal because of Dean's anti-war stance. Wittmann dismissed other critics of the Iraq invasion such as filmmaker Michael Moore as members of the "loony left".[16]

Even as domestic support for the Iraq War plummeted in 2004 and 2005, DLC co-founder Will Marshall called upon Democrats to balance their criticism of Bush's handling of the Iraq War with praise for the president's achievements and cautioned "Democrats need to be choosier about the political company they keep, distancing themselves from the pacifist and anti-American fringe."[17]
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    But a professor!

Not today

He was smart enough to let Hillary go down in flames on the health care and never tried again

Bill was never far left of anyone. He even started a wing of the democrats to distance himself from the looming lunatics in the left wing

He cut capital gains taxes and according to liberals here "gutted" Welfare. Opposed gay marriage and backed Don't ask don't tell. Supported cutting Federal Spending, and was tough on crime and called out the racist in his party. He'd never win a primary state if he ran for the Rat party nomination today.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bullshit
    Compelling argument.
    Your a shitty liar

Always have been
    But a professor!

Not today

What I'm hearing here and in this thread and that people love them some reasonable Centrists.

Race and his band of Trump Warriors hate the far left, but many among them have democratic roots.

I think what distinguishes Trump from those centrist Democrats is his carelessness with the rhetoric, and his wanton fanning of the flames of the far right. I assume the Warrior Centrists of the Tug dislike the far right as much as they dislike the far left.

Time for creepy confessions in the Tug.
    No way man. I'm all about the religious right. Suits me to a T