Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Matt Taibbi's essay, "It's official: Russiagate is this generation's WMD"

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I read it yesterday. I've also listened to his pod with Sam Harris. He's definitely not team #MAGA.

While I will continue to disagree with many here on "attempted coups" , I would agree that many in the media got way out ahead of evidence being collected and have a shit ton of egg on the face.

I think it's more a symptom of profit-driven media than of any political agenda, although obviously there is some of that. He's talked about it in other places. The New Yorker infamously wouldn't even allow sales people on their editorial floor. Now tv news networks brag about being the most watched.
    You would

If it was profit driven CNN and MSNBC would be like Fox who kicks their ass

They were anti Trump all the time because of their political views. They hired hacks like Brennan and the rest to echo that view day and night

They deserve all the shame and mockery they get. From wherever it comes
    And you don't care that Fox was anti Obama? Turns out there's a lot of conservative dicksuckers who want the message that liberals are coming for all that is right in America. And that's what Fox sells very well.
    Obama fucked up healthcare so bad no one is able to make a decent push for anything new for like 10 years after the ACA. What a fucking disaster. He can suck it.
    Republicans had complete control of all three houses for two years. It's clear they have no solution to health Care other than to keep the current shitty system in place.
    #aclockworkshill #rightontim #HondoBros #lapdog

@Pitchfork51 you can't besmirtch Obamacare without the chief lapdog nibbling at your balls.

As always its special to watch Hondofaggot move the goalposts after hearing for years how great Obamacare would be. The totally predictable failure it is
    I have blasted Obamacare since the start. But at least in honest ways. I'm sorry I didn't jump on the death panel scare. Or how Obamacare would crater the economy. Or all the other bullshit lies you believed.

Really Obamacare kept in place the shitty medical insurance tied to employment system. But at least gave some transparency to buying on the internet to make it easier for people to be insured. And insurance rate growth slowed. But you kept your doctor so fuck off.
    Hondo blasted it because it wasn't free!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,176
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

I read it yesterday. I've also listened to his pod with Sam Harris. He's definitely not team #MAGA.

While I will continue to disagree with many here on "attempted coups" , I would agree that many in the media got way out ahead of evidence being collected and have a shit ton of egg on the face.

I think it's more a symptom of profit-driven media than of any political agenda, although obviously there is some of that. He's talked about it in other places. The New Yorker infamously wouldn't even allow sales people on their editorial floor. Now tv news networks brag about being the most watched.
    You would

They were anti Trump all the time because of their political views. They hired hacks like Brennan and the rest to echo that view day and night

If you don't think profit-driven news is a major problem and was a major factor in the way this was covered, you truly can't be saved.

Not that you care because you have zero credibility or self-awareness, but there's some irony in you denying this after upvoting the op, which is a chapter from a book intended to be a follow-up to Manufacturing Consent
    Can you put together a coherent post for once?

MSNBC and CNN put bias ahead of profit. The ratings bear that out.

I am well aware of manufacturing consent for wars or calling the President a traitor. News is cheap so it turns a profit regardless.

You can't deny what I wrote so you respond with the usual gibberish
    I think Fox is biased just as much to the right and CNN/MSNBC are to the left. But the in the demographic that watches cable news, there's just way more right of center folks, hence way higher viewership for Fox. Same is true for talk radio.
    Well that and the fact that the liberals have about 5 or 6 outlets that cater to their biases while the Right has one.
    This is if you consider the authoritarian right the same thing as the libertarian right. Fox is definitely one and not the other.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

No, they aren't.

They didn't waste two years watching about how Trump was going to be impeached or indicted or both

That you are correct about. They watched two years of how Hillary is a criminal even tho she lost and important stuff like Elizabeth Warren's heritage. Such the important news of our time.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Obamacare sucks because it was supposed to be a stepping stone but was such a disaster that it sets healthcare reform back a decade.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

No, they aren't.

They didn't waste two years watching about how Trump was going to be impeached or indicted or both

That you are correct about. They watched two years of how Hillary is a criminal even tho she lost and important stuff like Elizabeth Warren's heritage. Such the important news of our time.
    She lost

Get over it
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You would

And you don't care that Fox was anti Obama? Turns out there's a lot of conservative dicksuckers who want the message that liberals are coming for all that is right in America. And that's what Fox sells very well.
    Obama fucked up healthcare so bad no one is able to make a decent push for anything new for like 10 years after the ACA. What a fucking disaster. He can suck it.
    Republicans had complete control of all three houses for two years. It's clear they have no solution to health Care other than to keep the current shitty system in place.

@Pitchfork51 you can't besmirtch Obamacare without the chief lapdog nibbling at your balls.

As always its special to watch Hondofaggot move the goalposts after hearing for years how great Obamacare would be. The totally predictable failure it is
    I have blasted Obamacare since the start. But at least in honest ways. I'm sorry I didn't jump on the death panel scare. Or how Obamacare would crater the economy. Or all the other bullshit lies you believed.

Really Obamacare kept in place the shitty medical insurance tied to employment system. But at least gave some transparency to buying on the internet to make it easier for people to be insured. And insurance rate growth slowed. But you kept your doctor so fuck off.
    The firm I work for pays for pretty much all my medical, so you are close to correct. And because of Obamacare, I can put $6,000 into an HSA to shelter income and the costs I do pay is only going up 2% or so a year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You would

The firm I work for pays for pretty much all my medical, so you are close to correct. And because of Obamacare, I can put $6,000 into an HSA to shelter income and the costs I do pay is only going up 2% or so a year.
    Awesome thanks for the update

Is that why you BLAST Obamacare?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

No, they aren't.

She lost

Get over it
    Tell that to the network you are going blue in the face defending. For reals, did you not understand the conversation?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You would

Is Bronco Burger a firm?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You would

Is Bronco Burger a firm?
    Shitdog doesn't get it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

No, they aren't.

She lost

Get over it
    Tell that to the network you are going blue in the face defending. For reals, did you not understand the conversation?
    but but but

Am I blue in the face? Really?

Sounds like another lie to me

The conversation is about selling fear and the GND

That's why you're deflecting remember?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2019

No, they aren't.

No. They wasted two years watching about how none of that would happen.

Still a collosal waste of fucking time, and you should be more aware of letting time get away from you. You probably only have a few more centuries left.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

No, they aren't.

Still a collosal waste of fucking time, and you should be more aware of letting time get away from you. You probably only have a few more centuries left.
    I would bet a large sum that hondo watches more Fox than I do

Once the election was over it was over

I do enjoy some Tucker Carlson in moderation - once a week or so

I get my news here, on twitter, and online
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You would

Is Bronco Burger a firm?
    Shitdog doesn't get it.
    I get it. Yes I'll have fries with that!
  • Options

dflea said:

No, they aren't.

Truth be told. I picture you more as a person sitting on a rocking chair listening to Rush, Micheal Reagan, Sean hannity and Michael Savage on the old AM radio all day.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

dflea said:

No, they aren't.

Seriously, I don't think Hondo watches much of any news and what little information he gets he gleans from Yahoo News and Think Progress.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

dflea said:

No, they aren't.

Truth be told. I picture you more as a person sitting on a rocking chair listening to Rush, Micheal Reagan, Sean hannity and Michael Savage on the old AM radio all day.
    This post tells us more about how old you are than Race is.
    Explain how old you think I am.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

dflea said:

No, they aren't.

Seriously, I don't think Hondo watches much of any news and what little information he gets he gleans from Yahoo News and Think Progress.

At least part of what you said is true. No I don't watch cable news.
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

You would

If you don't think profit-driven news is a major problem and was a major factor in the way this was covered, you truly can't be saved.

Not that you care because you have zero credibility or self-awareness, but there's some irony in you denying this after upvoting the op, which is a piece from a book intended to be a follow-up to Manufacturing Consent
    Are you one advocating for state-funded media?
    nice gotcha attempt
    Gotcha attempt? Hardly. There is a progressive argument for state-funded journalism. Repeated mention of profit-driven media as a problem brought the question to mind.
    Alright then. Of course news outlets need to pay their bills. But there was a longstanding understanding understanding between media companies and the public that in exchange for use of the public airwaves, they actually had to do some good. Taibbi talks about this quite a bit. Now that idea almost seems like a joke.

Advertising introduces a particular sort of bias, so outlets like Democracy Now and The Nation survive on donations and subscriptions. They operate at a much smaller scale, obviously.

I think NPR does a pretty good job, but people like Chomsky have said that NPR is among the most rigid in limiting discussion into "acceptable discourse" and pretending like other ideas don't exist. I'm not really sure what to make of that because I just listen to NPR in the car and don't study it.
    That's why the over the air Big Four aren't as insane as their cable outlets. Close though.

Why is the Military Intelligence Complex the training ground for news experts on panel shows?

That's a pretty big conflict right there

Brennen was praised for wink wink knowing the real deal in his infamous the indictments are coming this week video

He's just another hack

CNN and MSNBC will never catch Fox because they'll never beat Fox out for olds who sit at home all day watching cable TV. I haven't even had cable for like 2 years.

As far as military experts on television, I don't think we disagree. The trotting out of "retired" generals who later turned out to be on the Pentagon payroll to pimp the Invasion of Iraq was shameful. If you're trying to get me to defend cable news, we're going to be here for awhile. Same thing if you're trying to get me to defend Brennan.

Most boomers are liberal
    I'd love to see where this is coming from