Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Show your support for what this community means to you:


Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)



Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. If you dare criticize Jimmy Lake, you won't last long.

Greatest rock double album of all time?

2»

Comments

  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 11,502
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Exile on Main Street - Rolling Stones
    El_K said:

    What about The Clash “Sandinista”? Triple album!!

    It’s got some great tracks but a lot of shitty ones.
  • chuckchuck Posts: 2,412
    250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes 1000 Comments
    Electric Ladyland - Hendrix
    alumni94 said:

    The Wall is for people that think they take drugs. One of the worst Pink Floyd albums.

    The Wall is about a guy who loses his father, gets abused by teachers, goes on tour, loses his wife, and takes it out on a groupie. Nothing to do with drugs. It's just about a depressed rock star. And it's good fucko...untill all the nazi nonsense.
  • 89ute89ute Posts: 1,544
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Up Votes
    Exile on Main Street - Rolling Stones
    Not making the cut????11!!?




  • creepycougcreepycoug Posts: 10,081
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    Write-in
    Led Zeppelin II
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 11,502
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Exile on Main Street - Rolling Stones

    Led Zeppelin II

    Academis matter Cane. That was their second album, not a double one.
    GrundleStiltzkinHillsboroDuckBennyBeaver
  • creepycougcreepycoug Posts: 10,081
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    Write-in

    Led Zeppelin II

    MVM - didn't see "double" Carry on.

    GrundleStiltzkin
  • chuckchuck Posts: 2,412
    250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes 1000 Comments
    Electric Ladyland - Hendrix

    Led Zeppelin II

    Academis matter Cane. That was their second album, not a double one.
    He ain't come here to play school.
    GrundleStiltzkinYellowSnow
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Posts: 39,475
    Swaye's Wigwam 25000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers
    Tommy

    Quadraphenia

    Case closed
    YellowSnowLebamDawg
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Posts: 883
    Butler Cabin Supporter 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Exile on Main Street - Rolling Stones
    89ute said:

    Not making the cut????11!!?




    “Cold Gin” baby!
    89ute
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 11,502
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Exile on Main Street - Rolling Stones

    Tommy

    Quadraphenia

    Case closed

    Quadrophenia is a top 10 album for me. Second for me on the shit pole.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Posts: 3,391
    Swaye's Wigwam 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

    Tommy

    Quadraphenia

    Case closed

    Listening to you I get the music
    Gazing at you I get the heat
    Following you I climb the mountain
    I get excitement at your feet
    Right behind you I see the millions
    On you I see the glory
    From you I get opinions
    From you I get the story
    YellowSnow
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 11,502
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Exile on Main Street - Rolling Stones
    BearsWiin said:

    Tommy

    Quadraphenia

    Case closed

    Listening to you I get the music
    Gazing at you I get the heat
    Following you I climb the mountain
    I get excitement at your feet
    Right behind you I see the millions
    On you I see the glory
    From you I get opinions
    From you I get the story
    Tommy is great. But the live at Leeds version of Tommy is vastly better.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Posts: 11,888
    Standard Supporter 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Up Votes
    Limp Bizkit for sure
  • alumni94alumni94 Posts: 435
    250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 250 Up Votes 100 Awesomes
    edited March 11
    Exile on Main Street - Rolling Stones
    chuck said:

    alumni94 said:

    The Wall is for people that think they take drugs. One of the worst Pink Floyd albums.

    The Wall is about a guy who loses his father, gets abused by teachers, goes on tour, loses his wife, and takes it out on a groupie. Nothing to do with drugs. It's just about a depressed rock star. And it's good fucko...untill all the nazi nonsense.
    I didn't say it was about people that take drugs, I said it was for people who think they take drugs...Fucko. And it's still some of Pink Floyd's worst work.
  • chuckchuck Posts: 2,412
    250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes 1000 Comments
    Electric Ladyland - Hendrix
    alumni94 said:

    chuck said:

    alumni94 said:

    The Wall is for people that think they take drugs. One of the worst Pink Floyd albums.

    The Wall is about a guy who loses his father, gets abused by teachers, goes on tour, loses his wife, and takes it out on a groupie. Nothing to do with drugs. It's just about a depressed rock star. And it's good fucko...untill all the nazi nonsense.
    I didn't say it was about people that take drugs, I said it was for people who think they take drugs...Fucko. And it's still some of Pink Floyd's worst work.
    I fine just disagreeing on the quality of the album fucko. And throwing out the word fucko was just my way of making a joke out of disagreeing with you so don't get your panties in a bundle.

    So what if a bunch of dumbass teens thought it was fun to get stoned to The Wall? The idiots that made the movie encouraged that, but it's really inappropriate to the theme, which is just a dramatic take on adolescent/teen/young adult angst and depression. A good, entertaining take on it....fucko.
Sign In or Register to comment.