Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2019 DL recruitng

2»

Comments

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon’s class was really good. Understand the argument for WR being better than UW’s WR class.

But to say the DL was better than UW’s is just retarded.

Citing rivals for any rankings is an automatic loss.

They rated a player without ever seeing his film. Why you ask? Because he wasn’t a real person.

They’re counting Thibodeaux, Funa, Ma’ae and Townsend as DL as well as Ware-Hudson, Williams, Poti and Dorlus. Even on the 247 composite that’s 152.

Tuitele, Bandes, Latu, Paama, Trice, Ngalu, and Tuputala come in at 137. Add an 8th person and pretty on par objectively.

At the end of the day, your down linemen are bigger. Our top top three are edge guys and yours interior guys. I do like the bottom half better with Oregon. Dorlus had a committable offer to Florida, our staff liked Ma’ae over Trice and Townsend is a freak. He’s already 6’6 255 and lifting crazy number in the gym. Ngalu is short, Trice slender, and Tuputala a reach.

It’s really hard to say who’s is better. UW went and got more squatty bodies and Oregon length and athleticism.

How would you know this, your staff went hard after both?

Before either committed, insiders said we were taking one and Ma’ae was being prioritized.
    Then why did you keep recruiting Trice after Ma'ae committed?

Probably to keep options open. Oregon staff is maniacal about recruiting. I read before both committed that the staff preferred Ma’ae and only one would be taken. At the end of the day they’re thing one and thing two. Apparently the staff believes Ma’ae will play at a heavier weight.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

What did Leavitt think of the class?

Leavitt alone....just Leavitt alone
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2019
    animate said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon’s class was really good. Understand the argument for WR being better than UW’s WR class.

But to say the DL was better than UW’s is just retarded.

Citing rivals for any rankings is an automatic loss.

They rated a player without ever seeing his film. Why you ask? Because he wasn’t a real person.

They’re counting Thibodeaux, Funa, Ma’ae and Townsend as DL as well as Ware-Hudson, Williams, Poti and Dorlus. Even on the 247 composite that’s 152.

Tuitele, Bandes, Latu, Paama, Trice, Ngalu, and Tuputala come in at 137. Add an 8th person and pretty on par objectively.

At the end of the day, your down linemen are bigger. Our top top three are edge guys and yours interior guys. I do like the bottom half better with Oregon. Dorlus had a committable offer to Florida, our staff liked Ma’ae over Trice and Townsend is a freak. He’s already 6’6 255 and lifting crazy number in the gym. Ngalu is short, Trice slender, and Tuputala a reach.

It’s really hard to say who’s is better. UW went and got more squatty bodies and Oregon length and athleticism.

Appreciate the effort but there's so much wrong with this. Like, everything.

But carry on. I guess we'll see how things turn out. Lipo
    I am following the parameters of the article. I am not going to pretend that Hudson Ware, Williams, Poti and Dorlus are better than Tuitele, Bandes, Paama and Naglu. Your interior line haul is much better. However, Thibodeaux, Funa, Ma'ae and Townsend are that much better than Latu, Trice and Tuputala. It's almost like one team is going to be the impenetrable wall and let their back end clean up and the other team is going be more of a pressure defense. This is why I am more inclined to say Tuputala doesn't play ILB. With Paama, Tuitele and Bandes there is a need for more coverage skills at ILB.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

Dorlus is going to play over 300lb. He is not a linebacker you stupid motherfuckers. Funa is not a DL either. FFS.

Nobody said Dorlus is a linebacker. Funa is over 260 right now and what I said is he’s being counted. Nobody knows where Funa ends up but OLB/DE is a possibility.

You're so fucking stupid I thought you were a Husky fan.
    Boom

Wait