Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ethan Garbers, 2020 4* QB, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What matters is stacking enough talent that the best earn the right to be on the field and that there’s enough depth in the program to absorb transfers with depth behind to support

The reality is that starting QB position going forward looks like this:

2019: Eason
    2020: ??? or Eason if he returns
    2021: ??? + Huard when he takes the job (see Trevor Lawrence)
    2022-2023: Huard
    2024: probably somebody from the 2023 class
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

What matters is stacking enough talent that the best earn the right to be on the field and that there’s enough depth in the program to absorb transfers with depth behind to support

The reality is that starting QB position going forward looks like this:

2019: Eason
    2020: ??? or Eason if he returns
    2021: ??? + Huard when he takes the job (see Trevor Lawrence)
    2022-2023: Huard
    2024: probably somebody from the 2023 class

Pretty much agree with this crystal ball. Huard is next level. You can just see it.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited March 2019
    Huard is not beating out everybody as a true Freshman. JFC he's an amazing talent but that's some doog shit. Shit like experience, understanding of the playbook, and physical development matter. We're not doing the true Freshman QB shit ever again under Petersen. There's too much talent behind Eason to think that will happen. I'm predicting:

2019: Eason RS Junior (Early entry NFL)
    2020: Sirmon RS Sophomore
    2021: Sirmon RS Junior (Early entry NFL)
    2022: Morris RS Junior
    2023: Morris RS Senior
    2024: Huard RS Junior
    2025: Huard RS Senior
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Huard is not beating out everybody as a true Freshman. JFC he's an amazing talent but that's some doog shit. Shit like experience, understanding of the playbook, and physical development matter. We're not doing the true Freshman QB shit ever again under Petersen. There's too much talent behind Eason to think that will happen. I'm predicting:

Maybe not 2021 but 2022 a RS Frosh Huard > RS Junior also with no starting experience Morris
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Haener is starting the next 3 years

Pgos got it dialed in.

We get to see his hot mom more often...
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Morris is deadly accurate, very consistent, and has a strong arm. I think he's got the poise and confidence that seems to separate guys at the QB position. If he can translate his game to the college level playing behind taller offensive lineman I think he will be a starter at UW. If Sark was still our coach, sure Huard would start over everybody immediately because Sark just played the best talent. But Petersen values trust, maturity, experience, and all that slow strategy white guy shit, especially at the QB position. With all the blow out games UW is going to have, Morris will have a lot of back up game reps under his belt as well as way more practice reps than Huard.

When you have a guy who has put in the work, has more experience, is deadly accurate and consistent day in and day out, and is poised on the big stage, it's impossible to deny him the starting job. I think Morris could be one of those kind of guys and if he is, Huard will have to wait his turn because Petersen values experience, trust, and consistency over raw, unproven talent.

Basically I'm saying I think Morris could surprise people and develop into a 1st or 2nd round draft pick type of player and won't be denied the starting job at UW.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Morris is deadly accurate, very consistent, and has a strong arm. I think he's got the poise and confidence that seems to separate guys at the QB position. If he can translate his game to the college level playing behind taller offensive lineman I think he will be a starter at UW. If Sark was still our coach, sure Huard would start over everybody immediately because Sark just played the best talent. But Petersen values trust, maturity, experience, and all that slow strategy white guy shit, especially at the QB position. With all the blow out games UW is going to have, Morris will have a lot of back up game reps under his belt as well as way more practice reps than Huard.

When you have a guy who has put in the work, has more experience, is deadly accurate and consistent day in and day out, and is poised on the big stage, it's impossible to deny him the starting job. I think Morris could be one of those kind of guys and if he is, Huard will have to wait his turn because Petersen values experience, trust, and consistency over raw, unproven elite talent.

I actually agree with this.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

When you have a guy who has put in the work, has more experience, is deadly accurate and consistent day in and day out, and is poised on the big stage, it's impossible to deny him the starting job. I think Morris could be one of those kind of guys and if he is, Huard will have to wait his turn because Petersen values experience, trust, and consistency over raw, unproven elite talent.

I actually agree with this.
    there's a big difference in this case, though. I think it's pretty clear that Pete wanted Huard to commit early in order get 2 classes of recruits rolling in the right direction...there's an acknowledgement that Huard is rare in all aspects. He'll be given every opportunity to start from day 1 and if it's a wash he'll start over Morris. This is not a typical situation.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Huard’s going to be the #1 QB in his class

He isn’t a fucktard athlete that is going to massively struggle with the transition to the college level given that he already throws in ways that look like a college QB and he has family mentors that are preparing him to be an elite level player ... why do you think these elite WR targets are angling to play with him whether at FSP or at UW?

Huard is going to have to earn the job but my guess is that he will. Doesn’t mean that other guys suck but that he is that special.

Don’t think that can’t happen? See Clemson and Trevor Lawrence vs Kelly Bryant. Bryant did nothing to lose his job ... but Lawrence gave a higher ceiling. Clemson doesn’t win a title w Bryant.

Don’t be such an idiot.

Well, this debate is dumb because it is all predicated on how well the 2020 QB does.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Tequilla said:

Huard’s going to be the #1 QB in his class

He isn’t a fucktard athlete that is going to massively struggle with the transition to the college level given that he already throws in ways that look like a college QB and he has family mentors that are preparing him to be an elite level player ... why do you think these elite WR targets are angling to play with him whether at FSP or at UW?

Huard is going to have to earn the job but my guess is that he will. Doesn’t mean that other guys suck but that he is that special.

Don’t think that can’t happen? See Clemson and Trevor Lawrence vs Kelly Bryant. Bryant did nothing to lose his job ... but Lawrence gave a higher ceiling. Clemson doesn’t win a title w Bryant.

Don’t be such an idiot.
    Stop comparing Huard to Lawrence. Lawrence walked into a situation in which the starting QB was average and there was nobody worth a damn backing him up. Huard will be walking into a much more competitive QB room than Lawrence did when he gets to UW.

I never said Huard would be a fucktard when he shows up and struggle. He's obviously very advanced for his age. But it will be difficult for him to be more consistent than Morris and have more trust from Petersen than Morris as a true Freshman or even RS Freshman. Morris has ice in his veins and can throw the ball with the best of them. I think he's going to be really good. It's a fucking good thing if Huard has to wait his turn because Morris is too good for him to beat out. That would mean a longer span of time of great QB play at UW.

I get it. A lot of people have Jake Browning syndrome so any QB who is less physically impressive (Morris) is automatically written off. But there haven't exactly been a lot of prototypical, tall, big armed quarterbacks killing it at the college level in recent memory. It's been a lot of 6'1 guys or shorter lately. Just ask Tua, Fromm, Mayfield, Murray, McSorely, etc. If Morris is on that Heisman contending level as a RS Junior because he's just so consistent and accurate, he's gonna be the starter and Huard will have to wait. That's what Chris Petersen is going to do whether any of you like it or not because that's who he is.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck you all for putting 11 new posts here and getting my hopes up the gerbies was reopening his recruitment.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Huard is already better than Morris by a good ways.

Huard would be the back up QB this year. He throws a perfect ball.
    Recency bias is strong with this one. Jesus, a couple pretty throws at a high school 7 on 7 tournament and he's already the next Joe Montana. Or did you say Joe Montania? The disrespect towards the QB's already on the roster is unreal.