Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ethan Garbers, 2020 4* QB, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Lol at average "tangibles"
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Even though I want to say how much I think his film is blahhhhhhhhhh at least he appears willing to recruit for us, unlike Dylan Morris.

So does this make us a real contender from John Humphreys or has his Stanford ship already sailed?
    He told Roof "I’m trying on Humphreys but that might be hard", he seems like a Stanford lock
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2019
    Domicillo said:

Maybe this fucker will commit early and we can start getting momentum going in SoCal but goin down to the pier for a surf cruise & brews sesh with his “Dawg” Mark Redman and Redman can go on a Gronk 2.0 party tangent that ends with Ethan talking him into smashing a beer can over his head while choosing to commit to UDUB project X music starts playing in the background.

After a three day trip to UW, he's taking four unofficial visits in the next 8 days. I would be shocked if he doesn't commit after that, some time before mid-March.
    #EMFA

I hate myself even more.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Maybe this fucker will commit early and we can start getting momentum going in SoCal but goin down to the pier for a surf cruise & brews sesh with his “Dawg” Mark Redman and Redman can go on a Gronk 2.0 party tangent that ends with Ethan talking him into smashing a beer can over his head while choosing to commit to UDUB project X music starts playing in the background.

After a three day trip to UW, he's taking four unofficial visits in the next 8 days. I would be shocked if he doesn't commit after that, some time before mid-March.
    #EMFA

I hate myself even more.
    As do we.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Swaye said:

Garbers sounds like a weird skin disease to me. Like "Oh shit, I've got Garbers Syndrome."

Browning Syndrome, though?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Brownsox battered fan syndrome
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Garbers sounds like a weird skin disease to me. Like "Oh shit, I've got Garbers Syndrome."

Syndrome > Cobra?
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Swaye said:

Also sounds like a kid with Down's trying to say "gerbils".
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He looks fine to me. He's physically good enough to be a good QB if he has the right head on his shoulders.

I'm not stoked but he's fine and could be good down the road. Time to start making headway on the important parts of this class. All you fags need to focus on the task at hand which is upgrading the overall athleticism, speed and size on the roster.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited March 2019
    whuggy said:

Garbers is really getting shredded without taking a snap. Always cool to give up on a kid by the time they have reached the ripe old age of 18. Trying to think of a kid who took as much abuse on here that ended up being good making the Einsteins on here look retarded. Burr-Kirven? Iron law of you suck until you don't in action.

I mean its not about bashing the kid. It's about being critical of the fact we settled for him and didn't do a good job recruiting the top guys this cycle.
    Seems like a good kid who will do well as a backup who maybe takes the magna Carta route. But in order to elevate the days of settling need to be over. They largely are on defense but not on offebse.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

whuggy said:

Garbers is really getting shredded without taking a snap. Always cool to give up on a kid by the time they have reached the ripe old age of 18. Trying to think of a kid who took as much abuse on here that ended up being good making the Einsteins on here look retarded. Burr-Kirven? Iron law of you suck until you don't in action.

I mean its not about bashing the kid. It's about being critical of the fact we settled for him and didn't do a good job recruiting the top guys this cycle.
    Seems like a good kid who will do well as a backup who maybe takes the magna Carta route. But in order to elevate the days of settling need to be over. They largely are on defense but not on offebse.
    I get the concept of stacking. But QB is the one spot that is unlikely it's gonna happen. Bama, Georgia and Clemson have all lost top notch QB's to transfer when they saw the handwriting on the wall. Young and DJ probably had enough foresight to see Huard in the future pipeline and figured their future was better elsewhere. Garbers offers depth and the stronger possibility that he sticks around as a backup for injuries. Plus he already appears to have some interest in recruting others. This is LIPO.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Browning was fine as a prospect. He just never got better.

Maybe if he had ever met Socha or knew how to use a map to find the weight room...

His arm was always weak and was always going to be. That's not something that ever improves much after high school from what I've seen. We should have all seen it.

I think Garbers has a better arm and is a better prospect than Browning rather easily