Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ethan Garbers, 2020 4* QB, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

Maybe this fucker will commit early and we can start getting momentum going in SoCal but goin down to the pier for a surf cruise & brews sesh with his “Dawg” Mark Redman and Redman can go on a Gronk 2.0 party tangent that ends with Ethan talking him into smashing a beer can over his head while choosing to commit to UDUB project X music starts playing in the background.

After a three day trip to UW, he's taking four unofficial visits in the next 8 days. I would be shocked if he doesn't commit after that, some time before mid-March.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Maybe this fucker will commit early and we can start getting momentum going in SoCal but goin down to the pier for a surf cruise & brews sesh with his “Dawg” Mark Redman and Redman can go on a Gronk 2.0 party tangent that ends with Ethan talking him into smashing a beer can over his head while choosing to commit to UDUB project X music starts playing in the background.

After a three day trip to UW, he's taking four unofficial visits in the next 8 days. I would be shocked if he doesn't commit after that, some time before mid-March.
    BTW he never posted his photos from the UW visit. It's almost like he's saving them for another post coming soon.....
    Hahah
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,838
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Please let him commit to one of these other powerhouses.
    See Redman, we tried to get him. So anyways, ready to commit now?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

I'm not sure why you would object to him here. Our 2020 QB is likely to be depth anyway with talent ahead and a franchise QB behind him. I'd take him just to stay in play with his Del Mar team mates.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

I'm not sure why you would object to him here. Our 2020 QB is likely to be depth anyway with talent ahead and a franchise QB behind him. I'd take him just to stay in play with his Del Mar team mates.
    Where would you prefer I go to object to him?

I don’t like settling for “depth”. Why would we not continue pursuit for a top notch guy? If we are already out of it for the top notch qb’s then we have a bigger issue.

I agree with the Del Mar part, hence my second sentence.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

I don’t like settling for “depth”. Why would we not continue pursuit for a top notch guy? If we are already out of it for the top notch qb’s then we have a bigger issue.

I don't want to settle for depth either but QB is different than the other positions. Pretty much the only spot on the team where only one guy plays so stacking talent there is a bit of a problem. I can't think of any 2020 QB that;s gonna keep Huard off the field, he's that good so you might as well use that spot to motivate the other Del Mar players.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    His twitter account makes it seem like he has a fetish for Jake Browning
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ok now decommit.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

I don't want to settle for depth either but QB is different than the other positions. Pretty much the only spot on the team where only one guy plays so stacking talent there is a bit of a problem. I can't think of any 2020 QB that;s gonna keep Huard off the field, he's that good so you might as well use that spot to motivate the other Del Mar players.
    Fuck this line of thinking forever.

Taking a fucking QB to get a TE should be grounds for throwing Paopao off a bridge.
    For sure, but on the grounds that they really like Garbers anyway I don't think it's an issue that they take him to help get Redman.

If they think he is a worthwhile addition to the program, then sure, no problem.

MY issue with this is that I don't think Garbers is really good enough to merit that. It's far too early in the cycle to be settling. We should get Redman anyway, and so if we are taking this early commitment to land Redman as well, that's really shitty recruiting.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,980
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019
    But, but, but Georgeah and Myhammy offered him!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Depth, depth, depth. Expecting another WooF soon for this one. A redman @Swaye Kin?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Gonna be a fun who sells the couch first battle between Morris and Gerbers.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,086
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Big whoop. I want some sizzle with my steak.