Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ethan Garbers, 2020 4* QB, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Committed)

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019

I prefer the in-state 3-star QB Matt Gabbert. 6'4 215 with a stronger arm than Garbers. Also plays baseball.

https://hudl.com/video/3/7625575/5bcbd80f3df4a30fd8d7166d

Meh. We should get Butterfield.
    Yeah that'd be nice. But he's going to Stanford.
    I prefer good recruits to DBG/Haener II.
    Who doesn't? But I don't see anybody elite available that UW can get. So give me the tallest midget who at least has some NFL measurables to work with and has a chance to surprise people with how he develops. I don't want another fucking midget QB with a weak arm who is 99% likely to be a career back up at UW. Garbers is listed at 6'2 so he's probably 6'0.5. Gabbert looks a legit 6'3.5 to 6'4 and I may be dooging but I'm getting a Justin Herbert as a recruit vibe from him. Low 3-star in high school. Under the radar. Tall, skinny, awkward and nerdy looking but can throw the ball accurately with velocity on it, and also plays baseball.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I prefer the in-state 3-star QB Matt Gabbert. 6'4 215 with a stronger arm than Garbers. Also plays baseball.

Who doesn't? But I don't see anybody elite available that UW can get. So give me the tallest midget who at least has some NFL measurables to work with and has a chance to surprise people with how he develops. I don't want another fucking midget QB who is less likely to surprise people with how he develops! Garbers is listed at 6'2 so he's probably 6'0.5. Gabbert looks a legit 6'3.5 to 6'4 and I may be dooging but I'm getting a Justin Herbert as a recruit vibe from him. Low 3-star in high school. Under the radar. Tall, skinny, awkward and nerdy looking but can throw the ball accurately with velocity on it, and also plays baseball.
    My real question on him is: is part of his film in slow motion?
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    edited February 2019

There are 129 FBS teams (major Power 5 plus Other 5 or whatever)

We assume each has three QBs at least

32 NFL teams

Roughly half have a QB that doesn't suck. So out of all that 16 that can play NFL ball. Probably about half of the starters (65) that can play college ball at the top level.

But they all were great in high school

I don't think your math has taken Willie Taggart's qb strategy into consideration.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Who doesn't? But I don't see anybody elite available that UW can get. So give me the tallest midget who at least has some NFL measurables to work with and has a chance to surprise people with how he develops. I don't want another fucking midget QB who is less likely to surprise people with how he develops! Garbers is listed at 6'2 so he's probably 6'0.5. Gabbert looks a legit 6'3.5 to 6'4 and I may be dooging but I'm getting a Justin Herbert as a recruit vibe from him. Low 3-star in high school. Under the radar. Tall, skinny, awkward and nerdy looking but can throw the ball accurately with velocity on it, and also plays baseball.
    My real question on him is: is part of his film in slow motion?
    Yes, it is. I notice that as well. It's weird.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    is he related to the nazi manikin?
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Georgia’s QB depth is absolutely fucked lol. They’ll need at least 2 QBs in the 2020 class.

I’m not shocked that they’d want to go after guys with a low risk of transferring after what happened with Skinny and Fields
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Georgia’s QB depth is absolutely fucked lol. They’ll need at least 2 QBs in the 2020 class.

I’m not shocked that they’d want to go after guys with a low risk of transferring after what happened with Skinny and Fields

Yeah this is like them going hard after Joey Yellen last year, they need depth
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Maybe this fucker will commit early and we can start getting momentum going in SoCal but goin down to the pier for a surf cruise & brews sesh with his “Dawg” Mark Redman and Redman can go on a Gronk 2.0 party tangent that ends with Ethan talking him into smashing a beer can over his head while choosing to commit to UDUB project X music starts playing in the background.

After a three day trip to UW, he's taking four unofficial visits in the next 8 days. I would be shocked if he doesn't commit after that, some time before mid-March.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Georgia is like an algorithm that just offers anything that reaches some threshold of good schools offering.

I'm pretty sure That exists. It would be high school easy.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

Maybe this fucker will commit early and we can start getting momentum going in SoCal but goin down to the pier for a surf cruise & brews sesh with his “Dawg” Mark Redman and Redman can go on a Gronk 2.0 party tangent that ends with Ethan talking him into smashing a beer can over his head while choosing to commit to UDUB project X music starts playing in the background.

After a three day trip to UW, he's taking four unofficial visits in the next 8 days. I would be shocked if he doesn't commit after that, some time before mid-March.
    I hope he doesn’t
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Honestly, I will never understand why we didn't try to get Millen to gray shirt. Just delay enrollment until Jan 2020. It made no sense to me that we didn't really try to pitch that.

Do we know that we didn’t? I would expect a pretty swift “fuck off” if we did. Shit, asking to greyshirt is almost more insulting than not offering at all.
  • ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186

Domicillo said:

I think I'll just sit here and drink.